104th Indianapolis 500 (No Spoilers - yet!)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mikey1911

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2014
    Newburgh
    It’s going to be strange not being on site for my first Race Day since 1979.

I would have been there at 50% or 25% seating capacity, but I’ll watch the broadcast from my parent’s house outside of Pittsburgh, like I used to watch the tape-delay broadcasts beginning in 1972 (when Gary Bettenhausen seemed to have it in the bag until his engine choked on him).

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Not going to watch it. It's not the 500 this year.
    Penske sold out. Said it wouldn't be ran without fans. Now it's running with no fans. I wont contribute to their ratings.
    I'm on the track every year until right before the "start your engines" call is made. I'm sure I could have been there this year If I wanted to, but I wont even be watching it on TV. No thanks.

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I am actually looking forward to watching the race. I worked extra hard on the honey do list today this way I could have time off from "The Rock" tomorrow.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Penske sold out. Said it wouldn't be ran without fans. Now it's running with no fans. I wont contribute to their ratings.
    I'm on the track every year until right before the "start your engines" call is made. I'm sure I could have been there this year If I wanted to, but I wont even be watching it on TV. No thanks.

Same here and those new cars are turds for sissy's.

JMHO of course but after 18 straight years of having so much to do with a car actually being on the grid in front of live people. this is just wrong.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville

Same. I had high hopes when Penske bought it, only to be let down.

2020 sucks, would not recommend.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I working a bomb squad detail for the race. With no fans and not going to be able to go inside the track, it is likely going to suck.
    I'm afraid to even make a joke about bombs, dont want my cat shot. :):

In all seriousness thank you and the rest of the LEO's who always keep us fans safe! There would be no 500 without you all. Prime target for all of the scrum bags of society.
    Stay safe. And if you get to watch some action on the track for once because of less yahoos to watch, I'm happy for you all!

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Shouldn’t be too hard to spot anything suspicious this year at least.
    I must glad they are still taking security seriously this year even with no fans. There will still be sponsors and celebrities there so it's still prime targets especially with it stil being live on TV.
    I dont want to see anything happen to the track or innocent people but damn I'd love to watch some terrorist get their asses kicked by our local boys in blue. The best in America imo.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Same here and those new cars are turds for sissy's.

JMHO of course but after 18 straight years of having so much to do with a car actually being on the grid in front of live people. this is just wrong.
    Right!? That cockpit is the dumbest **** I've ever seen.
    Why are you in IndyCar if you want to drive a closed cockpit? I hate that decision.
    Seriously it's cool to talk race cars with you CM since you have actually lived it and been part of it. I could seriously geek out talking with you about all of that. I need to get you to sign my 100th anniversary banner with all of the drivers and crew sigs on it.

gunsisgood

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 19, 2010
    Maine
    I could cry and **** and moan about ALOT of things, but I won't, instead I am going to kick back and enjoy the Indy 500 live on my BIG tv in my comfortable chair with the ac cranked up!:rockwoot:

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I'm afraid to even make a joke about bombs, dont want my cat shot. :):

In all seriousness thank you and the rest of the LEO's who always keep us fans safe! There would be no 500 without you all. Prime target for all of the scrum bags of society.
    Stay safe. And if you get to watch some action on the track for once because of less yahoos to watch, I'm happy for you all!

I knew you were a cat person!

We didn't get issued credentials this year so unless something spectacular happens we don't get to go inside the IMS fence at all.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I must glad they are still taking security seriously this year even with no fans. There will still be sponsors and celebrities there so it's still prime targets especially with it stil being live on TV.
    I dont want to see anything happen to the track or innocent people but damn I'd love to watch some terrorist get their asses kicked by our local boys in blue. The best in America imo.

I’d actually turn it on to see that!

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Well, we won't be checking abandoned coolers and backpacks like we usually do. I will miss the people watching.

Dads company used to rent a suite every year, we got free food and free beer all day. I’d always sit on the suite balcony facing the garage area and people watch while I drank. That’s the best part of going

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Dads company used to rent a suite every year, we got free food and free beer all day. I’d always sit on the suite balcony facing the garage area and people watch while I drank. That’s the best part of going

Luckeeee. We got to eat in the Hulman suite last year. It was funny watching all the rich folk being uncomfortable with peasant cops sharing their food and air.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I could cry and **** and moan about ALOT of things, but I won't, instead I am going to kick back and enjoy the Indy 500 live on my BIG tv in my comfortable chair with the ac cranked up!:rockwoot:

If you had lived it then yeah this truly sucks. If I was crying pissing and moaning my brother you would know it.

And yes this thing sucks.

But true fans such as yourself will hopefully keep it alive. I mean That.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Luckeeee. We got to eat in the Hulman suite last year. It was funny watching all the rich folk being uncomfortable with peasant cops sharing their food and air.

Maybe if you hadn't taken the plates of food from the rich people they'd have been less uncomfortable :laugh:

Top Bottom