104th Indianapolis 500 (No Spoilers - yet!)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Luckeeee. We got to eat in the Hulman suite last year. It was funny watching all the rich folk being uncomfortable with peasant cops sharing their food and air.
    Lol ya that was a lot of fun. If I knew you back then I’d have gladly made sure you were fed. I figured law enforcement would have their own suite that you could take a break and eat at and stuff... that’s disappointing if they don’t. Track should do that at the very least.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    But true fans such as yourself will hopefully keep it alive. I mean That.

This! Definitely don’t want it to die, I love it. I just want it to change, and they won’t change unless the money leaves, money won’t leave unless a big chunk of people leave. I want the old ways of racing back. The money needs to get out of it.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Lol ya that was a lot of fun. If I knew you back then I’d have gladly made sure you were fed. I figured law enforcement would have their own suite that you could take a break and eat at and stuff... that’s disappointing if they don’t. Track should do that at the very least.

They gave us box lunches from Kroger. The last couple years we brought grills and everyone pitched in so we could have a picnic.

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    The 500 isn't like it used to be for me. I grew up with Jim Nabors singing back home again in Indiana and Mari Hulman George telling the drivers to start their engines. Two things that my kids will never hear. I was and am a big Andy Griffith fan so I loved seeing Jim Nabors sing. I actually used to see Mari every week at the grocery store I worked at. She was very nice to talk to. With the Hulman children moving on from everything that the Hulman's were known for, it is weird here in Vigo county. Back in 2013 I was on the front stretch doing some work for the pre race activities. Was the only time I ever heard Jim Nabors live with the Purdue Band and it gave me goosebumps like it did on tv and almost emotional being there.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    This was the first Indy 500 I wasn’t at in years, and likely for the foreseeable future. Fun to listen to it on the radio like when I was a kid.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The TV window may well be the explanation, but I also wonder if they knew they couldn't fix the pit lane attenuator that Pigot hit? It was pretty messed up.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    The TV window may well be the explanation, but I also wonder if they knew they couldn't fix the pit lane attenuator that Pigot hit? It was pretty messed up.

That's exactly what they're saying on WTHR's coverage now. It would have taken an hour to an hour and a half to fix it.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I hear the start was a little controversial with Dixon (?) holding back and drafting off Andretti and then slingshotting around him as soon as the green flag waved.

Lilboog82

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2014
    Indiana
    I hear the start was a little controversial with Dixon (?) holding back and drafting off Andretti and then slingshotting around him as soon as the green flag waved.

yeah that looked a little shady to me. Thought you had to start race in starting grid then can do whatever you want after green flag waved. Looked like he was wright behind Marco few seconds before green dropped.

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne

I was kinda upset they did not red flag it either, then I thought this same thing. Wasnt worth trying to fix for just four laps. Still, if you are Dixon you are wanting that thing fixed and your four laps.

Top Bottom