• ...and so much more!
  • TheGrumpyGuy

Get off my lawn!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 12, 2020
    SE Indy
    Over the past 2 or 3 years I've purchased not only several Taurus handguns, but also a crap-ton of accessories thru the Shoptaurus dot com website.

3 weeks ago I ordered a T.O.R.O. conversion kit (slide w/optics cut) for my G3c, and received it about a week later. A week after that my new optic arrived from PSA.

So I finally get some time to install the new slide and mount my optic to it, but surprise! One of the two screws on the optic cover plate absolutely will not budge. Took every suggestion I got in another post about this issue, and nothing will loosen this damn screw.

So today I call Taurus, and spend nearly 30 minutes on hold waiting to speak to someone. Finally a rep comes on, and after explaining my issue I was given 2 options:

1) send the kit back for a refund and order another online, or

2) leave the new slide on my gun and send the entire firearm to Taurus for repair (which, for whatever reason, would also include a test-firing).

I told the rep that I bought this item on sale, and it's now back to normal price, so I'm not going to take option #1 and spend another 50% to hopefully get a slide without this issue, or wait who knows how long until the kit goes on sale again. Option #2 is also out of the question, as I'll be damned if I'm going to send them the entire gun for a simple part/accessory issue.

I then suggested a 3rd option; send me another optics cut slide (don't necessarily need the whole kit) and maybe have someone properly loosen the 2 screws on it before boxing it up for shipment, and include a prepaid label for the return of the current slide. Rep tells me that is absolutely NOT an option. (side note: I've worked in customer service for nearly 40 years, and EVERY manufacturer I've worked for has had this option available for out-of-box failures within the 1st 30 days of purchase/receipt).

At this point I asked to speak to a supervisor, and was told I could ONLY request to have one call me within the next 48 hours, and we have no way to tell you what phone # might appear on your CID when said Sup calls, so better answer ALL calls even if it looks like it might be a spam/scam call.

Before I let the rep know, yet again, that Taurus customer service is severely lacking, I had her send me an electronic return label for shipment of this item back to the factory.

So now that I've had some time to think about it, I've come up with 2 more options that might gain me some satisfaction.

Option #4 - have a professional remove this stubborn screw, even if it means spending a few extra bucks, and contact my CC company to dispute the charges for this purchase (which was more than just the slide kit).

Option #5 - Use the prepaid label to PRETEND to send the kit/slide back, but use a box with a hole in the side and let Taurus file a claim with FedEx when they receive an empty box back and I request a refund for their incompetence.

Of course, both of these options are just me blowing off steam at this point, because I'm just really ****ing PO'd that Taurus is incapable of properly taking care of their customer like a REAL company would.

Anyhow, rant over (for now)

P.S. DON'T BUY ANYTHING TAURUS

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    336   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    I love Taurus revolvers (can't say much about their semi guns), but their customer service definitely sucks. I've had several new guns arrive broken, so I've sent a number back to them. They don't repair items on time and sometimes they don't even fix them.

I wish they'd address this since their guns (revolvers) are undervalued when they work, but a waste of money when they don't.

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    Is Caleb Giddings still a member on here? I don’t remember his screen name but hasn’t probably checked in for a long time. He works for Taurus now and can probably work something out. He’s on social media so a PM wouldn’t be out of place.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Option 3 is VERY doable. I do it all the time with other vendors. Hell, even Amazon does it every damn day.
    Send the replacement covered by a CC# to guarantee it. If the old one isnt returned in x days you get charged full price.

THere is absolutely no reason they couldnt do this. It is not out of the ordinary, nor is it unreasonable.

And I love having to get a call from a super. Comcast did that same :poop: to me. They owe our church $1200 for fraudulent billing, yet they wouldnt refund. Only a manager could refund and the manager would have to call me. Guess who never got any calls, even asking 3x? And I have to answer ALL calls on that number because sometimes legit work calls show up as spam. So I know I didnt miss them.

Ask yourself. If you owe me $1200, are you even going to THINK about picking up the phone? No!

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    If they send the shipping label then Option 2 wouldn’t be a bad one. Let them make sure everyone is right.

blues bondsman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 9, 2019
    Michigan City
    All of my Taurus pistols have run 100% for the last dozen years or so.
    They are way ahead of many gun manufactures in innovation and for being a trustworthy builder of firearms.
    Everyone in the bizz has bad days, Taurus gets a bum deal for what they were 20 plus years ago.
    Hope it works out in your favor and your turned into a satisfied customer.

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    I once sent a gun back to Taurus. It was a huge hassle, cost me shipping and a trip to the FedEx Depot to pick it up because Taurus sent it back signature required (which they should) but never told me it was coming. The gun still had the same problem it had when I sent it in. I owned another revolver from them that also had issues, and have since worked on several for other people as well...usually related to timing problems. I'm over Taurus...life is too short to buy junk from jerks.

The only exception to this rule would be maybe if I was buying from a buddy who I trusted who had owned the gun a while and shot it a bunch, so I could be confident I was getting a vetted copy. And it would have to be something pretty special, like a 450 in .45 Colt that I couldn't get from anybody else.

Ultimately, it's just easier to buy a Smith. I've never had to send an S&W back to the factory, but the one time I had to call their CS (thumbpiece screw fell out and got lost) they were very nice and sent me a new one for free. I'm 0/2 with Tauruses, and 7/1 with Smiths (I did have a 642 for a weekend that I bought used with a cracked frame, but the seller took it back...hard to blame that one on S&W since it was an old used gun). The numbers speak for themselves.

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    336   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    Everyone in the bizz has bad days, Taurus gets a bum deal for what they were 20 plus years ago.
    It’s a deserved reputation. A company is only as good as their customer service when a problem occurs, and their service flat out sucks.

I’ll take a 20yr old Taurus vs a new one these days.

Not bashing, just justified speaking from experience.

Last edited:

Squirt239

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    North of Brownsburg
    Over the past 2 or 3 years I've purchased not only several Taurus handguns, but also a crap-ton of accessories thru the Shoptaurus dot com website.

3 weeks ago I ordered a T.O.R.O. conversion kit (slide w/optics cut) for my G3c, and received it about a week later. A week after that my new optic arrived from PSA.

So I finally get some time to install the new slide and mount my optic to it, but surprise! One of the two screws on the optic cover plate absolutely will not budge. Took every suggestion I got in another post about this issue, and nothing will loosen this damn screw.

So today I call Taurus, and spend nearly 30 minutes on hold waiting to speak to someone. Finally a rep comes on, and after explaining my issue I was given 2 options:

1) send the kit back for a refund and order another online, or

2) leave the new slide on my gun and send the entire firearm to Taurus for repair (which, for whatever reason, would also include a test-firing).

I told the rep that I bought this item on sale, and it's now back to normal price, so I'm not going to take option #1 and spend another 50% to hopefully get a slide without this issue, or wait who knows how long until the kit goes on sale again. Option #2 is also out of the question, as I'll be damned if I'm going to send them the entire gun for a simple part/accessory issue.

I then suggested a 3rd option; send me another optics cut slide (don't necessarily need the whole kit) and maybe have someone properly loosen the 2 screws on it before boxing it up for shipment, and include a prepaid label for the return of the current slide. Rep tells me that is absolutely NOT an option. (side note: I've worked in customer service for nearly 40 years, and EVERY manufacturer I've worked for has had this option available for out-of-box failures within the 1st 30 days of purchase/receipt).

At this point I asked to speak to a supervisor, and was told I could ONLY request to have one call me within the next 48 hours, and we have no way to tell you what phone # might appear on your CID when said Sup calls, so better answer ALL calls even if it looks like it might be a spam/scam call.

Before I let the rep know, yet again, that Taurus customer service is severely lacking, I had her send me an electronic return label for shipment of this item back to the factory.

So now that I've had some time to think about it, I've come up with 2 more options that might gain me some satisfaction.

Option #4 - have a professional remove this stubborn screw, even if it means spending a few extra bucks, and contact my CC company to dispute the charges for this purchase (which was more than just the slide kit).

Option #5 - Use the prepaid label to PRETEND to send the kit/slide back, but use a box with a hole in the side and let Taurus file a claim with FedEx when they receive an empty box back and I request a refund for their incompetence.

Of course, both of these options are just me blowing off steam at this point, because I'm just really ****ing PO'd that Taurus is incapable of properly taking care of their customer like a REAL company would.

Anyhow, rant over (for now)

P.S. DON'T BUY ANYTHING TAURUS
    @TheGrumpyGuy Bring it by my shop.

I'll take care of it.

Top Bottom