• ...and so much more!
  • repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    a big +1 to Kimber for their Customer Service. I had just got off the phone with them, took less then 5 minutes from the time that I had called, talked to a person, and told them that my grip screw bushing came out and my grip screw was stuck inside and I was having troubles taking them apart. They needed my name and address and let me know that new parts were on the way. I had my credit card ready, expecting parts are going to cost a couple cents at least, plus shipping, but nope, didnt ask for anything and told me that they hope this corrects the problem. I have 2 Kimbers, and I am glad that they stand beside their pistols like this.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Wow glad to hear that. I have the same problem on my Kimber might have to give them a call.

Went on the web page and got the part name and information, then called customer service. Didn't take very long at all. Here is their customer service page, then should be contacted to the parts section, and easy from there

Kimber America | Kimber America | Contact Us

themadmedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Another :+1: for Kimber CS here as well...

Just recently got my slide back from them after they replaced 12 year old Meprolight sights that had dimmed and rear sight blade had loosened some at no charge.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    WOW! Is Kimber trying to turn its self around?

Normally all Ive heard are horror stories about Kimber's CS. Glad to hear they are starting to take customers seriously again.

Its funny what can happen when a company starts to realize that those "pesky customers" are what keep the lights on.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    WOW! Is Kimber trying to turn its self around?

Normally all Ive heard are horror stories about Kimber's CS. Glad to hear they are starting to take customers seriously again.

Its funny what can happen when a company starts to realize that those "pesky customers" are what keep the lights on.

looks like, this is the first time i have ever needed to contact them, so im glad it was so easy and pain free:rockwoot:

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    glad to hear i just picked up my first kimber glad to know they will stand by their products

Yep, i picked up both my Kimbers in 05, so its nice that they stand behind them, even so long after owning. That is a great thing. Part of the +1 was cause they are good products, the other is cause they stand with their products.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Another :+1: for Kimber CS here as well...

Just recently got my slide back from them after they replaced 12 year old Meprolight sights that had dimmed and rear sight blade had loosened some at no charge.

Wow, now that's pretty good customer service, as that's the timeframe that night sights are supposed to start dimming based on the lifespan of the tritium.

I had only heard horror stories about Kimber's CS in the past as well.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Wow, now that's pretty good customer service, as that's the timeframe that night sights are supposed to start dimming based on the lifespan of the tritium.

I had only heard horror stories about Kimber's CS in the past as well.

I had heard a little, and it wasn't positive, so thats why i wanted to post, because it was so positive an experience. And like you mentioned on the night sights, they give them about a decade of life or so, and the fact they are replacing them like that, awesome service. Might have to change the +1 to +12 or so. Seems like maybe one person had a bad experience and then bad word of mouth always seems to go faster then good word of mouth

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Seems like maybe one person had a bad experience and then bad word of mouth always seems to go faster then good word of mouth

No that is not the case. Ive heard it from lots of different people that did not have any conection other than they had delt with Kimber CS. Everyone from gunstore guys to people I know personally and LOTS of folks on the interwebs report Kimber's nearly legendary horrible CS. That is the reason that when I bought my Kimber I instanly went looking for, (and found) a reputable gunsmith that is known for dealing with Kimbers.

It has been a few years ago since I did any checking into Kimber's CS so Im glad to hear they are trying to make a change for the better.

Lets hope they keep it up! :yesway:

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    No that is not the case. Ive heard it from lots of different people that did not have any conection other than they had delt with Kimber CS. Everyone from gunstore guys to people I know personally and LOTS of folks on the interwebs report Kimber's nearly legendary horrible CS. That is the reason that when I bought my Kimber I instanly went looking for, (and found) a reputable gunsmith that is known for dealing with Kimbers.

It has been a few years ago since I did any checking into Kimber's CS so Im glad to hear they are trying to make a change for the better.

Lets hope they keep it up! :yesway:

Ah, i had never heard anyone personally that had, which is why i try not to believe the whole friend of a friend, but sorry you had the problems with them before. And like you said, lets hope that they keep it up

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I've dealt with Kimber CS over the last decade + and have nothing but good things to say about them. Mostly with the Custom Shop but even on parts replacements they've been professional and very fast.
    I sent my elite slide in to repair a seat belt scratch and re-blue. Beautiful work and back in less than 4 weeks total from the time I sent it off to them.

Top Bottom