• Status
    Please reply by conversation.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    LOLOLOLOLOL. More Irony to one of those posts.
    I guess I don't possess the gene that makes me have to fight everyone to feel important. Cases where people want to cause a fight, I just leave. ain't worth it.
    Good Day sir.
    You make a vague statement telling me I spend most of my time in the classies then won't back it up with facts. Got it... that's you being the bigger man.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    LOLOLOLOLOL. More Irony to one of those posts.
    I guess I don't possess the gene that makes me have to fight everyone to feel important. Cases where people want to cause a fight, I just leave. ain't worth it.
    Good Day sir.
    Pot, kettle. Knock it off.

Either you are not communicating in a way that everybody else understands what you are thinking, or you are just being antagonistic. (again)

The argument is about people who are site supporters and camp in the classifieds. Not whether a non site supporter spends enough time in the "right" conversations in your eyes.

At least that is what is coming out of your keyboard, whether you intend for that to be what you are saying or not.

Last edited:

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    (Honestly, unless you know them well or their feedback is from those you know well, "not available to meet until the weekend," can be a opening for problems.)
    This is how I feel. I typically only buy/sell to those I "know" but if I do agree with someone I don't know I will let the buyer know that it is the first person who shows up with the cash. If nothing happens before the weekend, it's theirs.

I have agreed many times to hold until the weekend only to be stood up one way or another.

I try to be nice and accommodating but sometimes I'm too nice, lol.

DDadams

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 17, 2014
    North Indy
    Been here a long time, it wasn't always listed like that. And no, I do not do business online with people that don't interact here. I don't recommend it for others as well. The point of this place was to be a common ground, discussion and interaction point for Indiana gun owners to have a place that wasn't faceyspace. Some place for us like minded freedom lovers to exchange ideas, have fun etc. The classies were secondary.

I can assure everyone on here that JDTaylor is one of the good guys when it comes to being like minded and sharing the values of most on here.

Every time I've met him we ended up talking for at least 25 minutes and one time we were there for over an hour.

I'll tell him to post outside of the classifieds or else I'll stop buying his goods. Maybe that'll do the trick.

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I can assure everyone on here that JDTaylor is one of the good guys when it comes to being like minded and sharing the values of most on here.

Every time I've met him we ended up talking for at least 25 minutes and one time we were there for over an hour.

I'll tell him to post outside of the classifieds or else I'll stop buying his goods. Maybe that'll do the trick.
    I don't know him, haven't dealt with him. I just get "icky" feelings with posters that are ONLY in the classies. I'm sure he's an upstanding individual in the real and all that, but because I haven't had a chance to interact or look at how he responds here I likely won't know.

He should come hang out we are fun people.

DDadams

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 17, 2014
    North Indy
    I don't know him, haven't dealt with him. I just get "icky" feelings with posters that are ONLY in the classies. I'm sure he's an upstanding individual in the real and all that, but because I haven't had a chance to interact or look at how he responds here I likely won't know.

He should come hang out we are fun people.
    I agree with you wholeheartedly.

He told me he's just too busy to get caught up browsing and posting a lot.

I'll twist his arm and see what I can do.

I was the same way as him until about a year and a half ago. I'd rarely post anything but after having my car stolen and another attempt I decided to take self defense and all things firearm related much more seriously so I figured this would be a quality place to start being a better prepared citizen.

But on the other hand, as far as my experience goes on here I've dealt with several classifieds only members and had no bad experiences. I'm sure I got lucky in that regard maybe but I have had several bad experiences with 4 long time members with many, many posts outside classifieds. So I'm still of the belief that it's all down to the person.

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I agree with you wholeheartedly.

He told me he's just too busy to get caught up browsing and posting a lot.

I'll twist his arm and see what I can do.

I was the same way as him until about a year and a half ago. I'd rarely post anything but after having my car stolen and another attempt I decided to take self defense and all things firearm related much more seriously so I figured this would be a quality place to start being a better prepared citizen.

But on the other hand, as far as my experience goes on here I've dealt with several classifieds only members and had no bad experiences. I'm sure I got lucky in that regard maybe but I have had several bad experiences with 4 long time members with many, many posts outside classifieds. So I'm still of the belief that it's all down to the person.
    Absolutely it’s on the person. No two are alike

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Some people support the forum with site supporter $$$

Some people support the forum with frequent posts. After all, it's hard to get that ad $$$ if no one is posting.

So, how about, if you don't want to deal with people that don't post, then don't deal with them.
    If you do want to deal with people that post, then deal with them.

I understand both sides.
    I support both sides.

There does not have to be "one is better than the other".

And the thread is about a transaction.
    NOT site supporter or post whore status.

Some think something went wrong.
    Some think nothing went wrong.

And we've probably milked that discussion.

Anymore, it seems like threads are getting stuck in a "do loop" (from BASIC programming)

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Some people support the forum with site supporter $$$

Some people support the forum with frequent posts. After all, it's hard to get that ad $$$ if no one is posting.

So, how about, if you don't want to deal with people that don't post, then don't deal with them.
    If you do want to deal with people that post, then deal with them.

I understand both sides.
    I support both sides.

There does not have to be "one is better than the other".

And the thread is about a transaction.
    NOT site supporter or post whore status.

Some think something went wrong.
    Some think nothing went wrong.

And we've probably milked that discussion.

Anymore, it seems like threads are getting stuck in a "do loop" (from BASIC programming)
    Hi. You must be new here. Welcome to INGO! You have obviously not visited any of the Trump or Desantis threads in GenPol. :lmfao: Honestly, I cannot understand how people can make the same argument over and over for months and still get enjoyment from it.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Hi. You must be new here. Welcome to INGO! You have obviously not visited any of the Trump or Desantis threads in GenPol. :lmfao: Honestly, I cannot understand how people can make the same argument over and over for months and still get enjoyment from it.

I was in the Trump thread.
    Unsubscribed after a bit.

I do see your point.

Just cranky because... well, doesn't matter why, just cranky

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    I'm just saying this. When I get asked what day am I thinking of meeting, and I give 2 days, and they give me a day that works best for them... It is in poor character to then sell it to someone else. Had he said someone messaged him first, I would have just said "let me know if the deal doesn't go through." I feel he wanted to keep me on the line as a backup and lead me on.
    I choose not to associate with people of poor character. I'm always honest when someone messages me and I'm talking with someone else first. I don't want to keep people on the line or lead anyone on.

JDTaylor

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Jun 15, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Was just made aware of this thread about me and wanted to clear some things up. When speaking with sadclown, someone had reached out to me before him. With both conversations, we were ironing out details on day, time, etc. So when the first offer had a date and time set, I went with him because he was first. Should I have notified sadclown about it, probably. Did I, no, that's my mistake.

Didn't know there was a protocol to this. I was respectful to sadclown and let him know. I didn't no show him at a location, I didn't tell him while he was driving to the location. I told him the day before. From my understanding, the person who should get it is the person who was the first to show interest, with money and a date and time. If that's not the way this works, my apologies. I had someone sell something that I said I would take, he agreed, but sold it to someone else. It happens.

And as far as not posting and being on for 5 years, I don't see why that is a problem. I have paid this entire time to support this site. Some people pay with their time, some support with money, and some do both. And if you do both, slow clap for you. Regardless, I support the site because I do read posts, buy, sell and trade.

So with all this being said. Sadclown, I am sorry for what I did to you. It was never my intention to make you so upset. I have learned from my mistakes and will be more mindful in the future. I hope you can forgive me and we can hopefully do business sometime in the future.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    (I hate drafts)
    Was just made aware of this thread about me and wanted to clear some things up. When speaking with sadclown, someone had reached out to me before him. With both conversations, we were ironing out details on day, time, etc. So when the first offer had a date and time set, I went with him because he was first. Should I have notified sadclown about it, probably. Did I, no, that's my mistake.

Didn't know there was a protocol to this. I was respectful to sadclown and let him know. I didn't no show him at a location, I didn't tell him while he was driving to the location. I told him the day before. From my understanding, the person who should get it is the person who was the first to show interest, with money and a date and time. If that's not the way this works, my apologies. I had someone sell something that I said I would take, he agreed, but sold it to someone else. It happens.

And as far as not posting and being on for 5 years, I don't see why that is a problem. I have paid this entire time to support this site. Some people pay with their time, some support with money, and some do both. And if you do both, slow clap for you. Regardless, I support the site because I do read posts, buy, sell and trade.

So with all this being said. Sadclown, I am sorry for what I did to you. It was never my intention to make you so upset. I have learned from my mistakes and will be more mindful in the future. I hope you can forgive me and we can hopefully do business sometime in the future.
    Good on you for taking the time and owning your mistakes. Most would just b&m in their head and blow it off. You sound like an all right guy.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI

Well this is prolly the best reply I have ever seen in this forum. And if you are sincere, I will deal with you in the future.

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom