• Status
    Please reply by conversation.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    I messaged user about buying a POF. He asks what day I was thinking of meeting up, I tell him Saturday or Sunday. He comes back and says Saturday morning works best. I give him a time and location. Then he sells it to someone else who supposedly messaged him first. I will never deal with @JDTaylor again.

1688787911058.png

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    Your last message was a question so it looks like you were still working out details. The deal is not done until all details are worked out.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Your last message was a question so it looks like you were still working out details. The deal is not done until all details are worked out.
    But if somebody has already claimed the item as sadclown claims (Per JD) , JD should have said so. "hey, saturday AM would work best, but you are 2nd in line. Somebody else has dibs on it because they beat you to the punch. I'll let you know if they back out."

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    But if somebody has already claimed the item as sadclown claims (Per JD) , JD should have said so. "hey, saturday AM would work best, but you are 2nd in line. Somebody else has dibs on it because they beat you to the punch. I'll let you know if they back out."
    How can the item be claimed if the deal is not finalized? That includes the details of the meet. I mean I always have dibs on riding shotgun, until I don't.

Are you in mod mode or user mode? Please clarify.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    How can the item be claimed if the deal is not finalized? That includes the details of the meet. I mean I always have dibs on riding shotgun, until I don't.

There's not a rule against this kind of a$$ hattery that I'm aware of for him to enforce on this in mod mode, so would seem clear to me.

Last edited:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I agree. It looks like he wanted to keep him on the line as a backup. he should have just told him that.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

User mode. Mods dont get involved in classifieds.

Posts like this (and feedback) are the solution to this problem.

radar8756

Works for Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   1
    Sep 21, 2010
    Westville, IN
    I see both sides

Working M-F I have to do the "meet on Saturday" - but accept if they Take a offer during the Week

OTOH- if they SAY they will hold it - I would be pi**ed if they sold it before hand - or just didn't show up on Saturday

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I was a seller and something like that happened. Buyer number one said he definately wanted it but was not sure he could get the money. We both agreed I could not hold it. Buyer number 2 said he wanted to think about it. Buyer number one knocks on my door with cash. We were both happy. Buyer number two felt cheated.

All of those interactions were face to face, it is another variable with phones, texts or email.

I have had some cars I was interested get sold before I made my decision and brought the money. I was sad that it happened but figured I should have made an agreement and put a deposit down if I wanted to be locked in. Anything other than cash and carry in person has nuances that no one wins.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Good communication is the key to good transactions.

It pays to be childishly clear about any detail, until the deal is completely done.

If there is any opportunity to complete the deal sooner than later, it is best for both parties. Before either party has life stuff or any other thing get in the way.

Sometimes a gentle foot in the butt can prompt things along. I have had folks change their Saturday plans to now, when told that I couldn't hold the item, but would contact in the event of more offers.

(Honestly, unless you know them well or their feedback is from those you know well, "not available to meet until the weekend," can be a opening for problems.) :poop: happens and it stings when it happens to you. Most of the fails I've had have been "not available until the weekend folks."

Also had a couple of fine folks understand me waiting on a check to come to pay for a high dollar purchase next week. Comitting a for sure and referencing my excellent feedback score was helpful with that I believe.

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom