Not open for further replies.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    header_gray.png

INGO is proud to finally host Steve Fisher (Steve MI) and MDFI - Home here in Indiana! He and Assistant Instructor Tom Fineis (TFin04) will be bringing their latest class offering, "You Suck, It's Not The Gun" to beautiful northern Brown County, Indiana!

The range is privately owned by our very own lovemywoods, and he has graciously offered it to us for use. This is the very same range that hosts INGO's Annual NFA Day. It is approximately a 50-minute drive from Indy, Columbus, or Bloomington. Specific directions to the range will be provided via PM to all paid up attendees one week prior to class.

It will take place on Saturday, December 5th, 2009.

• 0830 Arrival and Sign In
    • 0900 Class begins
    • 1200 Break for lunch (provided, see below)
    • 1300 Class resumes
    • 1700 Class disbands
    lovemywoods will be providing everyone with a lunch of warm, hearty chili. Please bring your own non-alcoholic beverages.

3982521848_d1239e2a38.jpg

To see an AAR on their first "YSINTG" class, check out this thread: https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...g/55582-mdfi_ysintg_oct_09_thoughts_pics.html

TFin04 gives us a great synopsis of the purpose of this class, and how it was developed:
    This class was developed by Steve and I after working together at a local indoor range. After seeing countless shooters, from all backgrounds and levels of experience, have issues with the very basics of shooting a pistol accurately, we decided to brainstorm ideas for an accuracy based class. I can't count how many times shooters would ask for tools to adjust their sights, or compensate because their gun "doesn't shoot right" or complain that XYZ gun wasn't as accurate as ABC gun. We would always ask to shoot the gun before making any adjustments, center punch their target, and return it to them with a "you suck, it's not the gun" response.

This class will be open to a maximum of 14 shooters. We will run two (2) relays of 7 shooters at a time.

Cost is $150 per shooter. Payment must be made by money order or personal check. Payment in full is due by Saturday, November 21st (two weeks prior to class). PM me (esrice) directly for details on where to send your payment.

All students will receive discount certificates from EOTAC Clothing! EOTAC ? Tactical Clothing and Accessories

I will start putting those who say "I'm in" into a list, and update it as payment is received. I will also send a confirmation PM once your funds have arrived. Payment is the only way to guarantee your slot on the range.

Equipment Requirements:
    Pistol (any caliber, even .22s are acceptable)
    350 rounds of ammunition
    3 magazines or speed-loaders
    Holster (no shoulder or cross-draw)
    Eye and ear protection
    Snacks and drink for 8 hours of training

Recommendations:
    This class is held outside, so dress appropriately for the colder weather. Layering is HIGHLY recommended.
    Insect repellent
    Hat

**********ALL SLOTS HAVE BEEN FILLED - REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED*********

Payment Confirmed:

1. esrice
    2. lovemywoods
    3. MTC
    4. pudly
    5. x10
    6. Fishersjohn48
    7. Barry in IN
    8. Scutter01
    9. OneBadV8
    10. bwframe
    11. tyler34
    12. mammynun
    13. mettle
    14. Charlie2
    "I'm in":
    [strike]Josh Smith[/strike]
    [strike]Guadard[/strike]
    [strike]45guy[/strike]
    [strike]Clay[/strike]
    [strike]Cpt Caveman[/strike]
    eears
    [strike]Dashman010[/strike]

Last edited:

MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Yeah, that's him, man.:rockwoot:
    And I am soooo in ..... trouble, from the looks o' that pic.:draw:
    Thanks for your efforts in gettin' him here.

Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    I have had a chance to run up north and take a class with Steve. I highly recommend signing up for this one!

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    I am tentatively in. Should be off work that weekend, but it's entirely possible I may have to back out too, due to staffing probs.

Two questions:

How far is the range from Wabash? I don't mind driving, but do need to plan. A zip code would suffice; I'll Google Earth the thing.

Are cast lead reloads allowed? As some of you know, I cast my own bullets and reload my own .45 rounds.

Thanks,

Josh <><

Gaudard

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    Terre Haute
    Will have to ask for that day off, don't think it will be a problem.

So, I'm in unless I'm vetoed having that day off. Should know by this evening.

Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    I sincerely hope everyone enjoys the class, and gets out of it what they were seeking. Have a safe outing.

Regards.

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    I live just outside Morgantown and can run down a check in the morning, This is defintily something I want to do. I've PM'd and want to do whatever it takes to lock in my slot

I of course like several people have more than one approptiate firearm. I've read the info but would this class be more suited to a target gun or the idpa gun?

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Greenfield
    I am extremely dissapointed I cannot make it. I have a wedding I have to go to...which sounds like way more fun. :rolleyes:

Please enjoy the class. I will hope to make the trip to Michigan someday or that they come back to Indy in the future! I do however appreciate the opportunity and the work put in to make this happen!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom