• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mark all dates you would be available for a meetup at the Storage Center.

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    I've been there -- that place has EVERYTHING. When the zombies come or when the EMP pops, that's where I'm going. If you go there and get the chance, just walk through and see what they have stored there.

cordex

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 24, 2008
    When I called them up last year and was told that they don't sell to non-members.

When I talked to a couple of missionaries and asked them about it, they said it was for charity only.

What's the real scoop?

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    When I called them up last year and was told that they don't sell to non-members.

When I talked to a couple of missionaries and asked them about it, they said it was for charity only.

What's the real scoop?

Maybe I can distract them by telling them I want to hear their pitch and you guys can be shopping while I'm taking one for the team? :D

williamrights

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Here is the scoop as I know it the last time I was there was January or February so if anything changed tell me. Non members were welcome in the AM hours every Tuesday and the 3rd or 4th Friday at night. They appreciate if you call ahead with your order and bring cash preferably exact change. I have made several purchases there and they all seem nice and never proseltize (sp). This is one of 2 places I do not get a funny stare when I say and I will need 400 pounds of beans.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Non members were welcome in the AM hours every Tuesday and the 3rd or 4th Friday at night. They appreciate if you call ahead with your order and bring cash preferably exact change.

That was the last I heard as well. This is sort of a group buy, but we're meeting there to pick it up directly for ourselves.

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    Here is the scoop as I know it the last time I was there was January or February so if anything changed tell me. Non members were welcome in the AM hours every Tuesday and the 3rd or 4th Friday at night. They appreciate if you call ahead with your order and bring cash preferably exact change. I have made several purchases there and they all seem nice and never proseltize (sp). This is one of 2 places I do not get a funny stare when I say and I will need 400 pounds of beans.

where is the other?

IndyPrepper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2011
    Never been here before but have heard about this. Would be interested to just check the place out.

IndyPrepper

williamrights

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    The other place is "The Restaraunt Depot" in Indianapolis. It is like sams club only with less people as you need a business license to go. Membership is free beans are cheaper there around $37 a hundred pound bag and I pick up a few other things as well.

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    The other place is "The Restaraunt Depot" in Indianapolis. It is like sams club only with less people as you need a business license to go. Membership is free beans are cheaper there around $37 a hundred pound bag and I pick up a few other things as well.

hmmm. I am going to see if my boss will let me sign our company up.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem

What's the real scoop?

It is used for BOTH purposes. Here's some more info..

1) People (generally members but not necessarily limited to) can pick up storage quantities of supplies. Often groups from LDS church units throughout Indiana and elsewhere will come there and can bulk stuff into #10 cans as well. This is generally the reason for limited hours for people to be there - the place is scheduled....

2) It is also used as a "supply depot" to take care of those in our religion who are having a hard time. This facility is also used to distribute supplies in cases of emergency. This has been done in Katrina, also in the local floods in Terre Haute and South Central IN a couple of years ago, for example. I am personally aware of other times it was used to supply places like Charlestown, IN in emergencies. Those supplies (in emergencies) are NOT limited to members of our religion but are used for the affected communities at large.

3) For those of you that think you are going "shopping" there when the SHTF.... a) the Mormon church takes almost NO political stances... so there's nothing official b) that said, many of us REALLY like the 2nd Amendment c) There's more than a few of us on INGO - so please think twice...:bat: :D

Bottom Line - if you know a member in your area - they can often get you in easier and make the connection for you. The Tuesday and Friday thing above may be accurate - the only times that I have gone have been as part of a scheduled trip with a few of our members (and friends) from Salem - so I can't swear to when it's open otherwise. Policies and availability change from time to time. Prepping is encouraged in our religion/society...

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    My in-laws are members of the LDS church. I am not a member but I think their stance on being prepared is actually quite amazing.

Muddy Fork

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2011
    I'm new here, but I've been wanting to go there for awhile. What time of day are you talking about for the 'Meet-up'? I might have missed it in the thread.
    Thanks

Top Bottom