• ...and so much more!
  • bogus

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 16, 2009
    Columbus area
    Picked this up from INGO's Sig-Bandit at the Primitive Peddler tonight. Great service and really nice guy to deal with.

I chose the model with the replaceable panels because I had read so many reviews about the standard 22/45 integrated grip being too thin. This feels and points almost identically to my Ruger SR9c. Grip width is almost identical as well. What's really cool is that it will accept any 1911 panels with maybe only a slight mod for the slide release. I've seen some posts from people who have added Hogue 1911 Target grips and they look awesome. Posters also commented on improved grouping as well. I'm satisfied with the stock grips. I think they look and feel great! It's nice to know I have options if I choose to do so down the road though.

I've already broke it down and gave it a good cleaning and oiling. Take-down was not nearly as bad as I was expecting. Just needed a little extra muscle here and there to get it apart and back together. Followed the directions straight out of the manual.

This was an early birthday/Christmas gift from my wife and son! :rockwoot:

Absolutely can't wait to get it to the range! :ar15:

IMG_20101215_201904-2.jpg

White dots are where I erased my serial number from the picture. Nothing wrong with the pistol

IMG_20101215_211637.jpg

:ingo:

Last edited:

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    Yeah, I wanted that one real bad.

But someone here had a NIB Beretta Neos for a price I couldn't refuse so I decided that I would save $150.

May regret it seeing how pretty that is...

doglb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   1
    Jul 13, 2009
    Ft. Wayne, IN
    I really dont know why it took Ruger so long to come out with this model?
    People have been modifying 1911 grips to fit these for years. Never could do it myself, I figure I would just screw things up!

Either way, that is one nice Ruger, and the removable panels are a blessing!
    Enjoy! :D

derrickgoins

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Westfield
    Congrats. I've had one since the early part of the summer and I love it. Shot great right out of the box and has only gotten better with more rounds through it.

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    Grats, I had a MkII and loved it.
    Primitive Peddler is great, been eyeballing a gun in his case as well and hoping it sits until tax time (no I won't say which one in hopes it'll go unnoticed until I can snatch it up!)

Top Bottom