• ...and so much more!
  • 42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Anyone else's spacebar not working when trying to send a message? It works when posting in forums, though. INGO bug?

Actually yes, I thought it was a issue with my computer, but I stared having this issue about 3 days ago,and have to completely reboot my computer to fix it.l

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Yes the fix is: hit return key and hit back space to get back to the line and the space bar works. This is INGO so I have to say it: Posted in the wrong section :):

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    So far I haven't seen that. IIRC someone else had that happen to them and mentioned it yesterday, I think it was in the shooter thread?

I occasionally get a backspace error. If I backspace then it will put the cursor above the line I was typing in and not let me go back to where I was at.

like this.
    It would look something <backspace here>

It would only do it here on INGO and no place else. Haven't seen it do that in a couple of months though.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Haven't seen a problem. Using Firefox on Windows, Linux and Android.

Its a chrome issue. And yes, return, backspace and you dont have the problem anymore. (I just had the issue momentarily until I followed the rooster's advice.)

And its typically only when quoting, never when posting direct.

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    I am using Chrome so maybe that is the issue. However, I always use Chrome and I have never had this problem until today.

Yes...the return then backspace procedure works. Just a PITA. Again...I am only seeing this issue when writing private messages.

Sorry if I posted in the wrong place. Feel free to move it mods. Just wanted to know if I was loosing my mind or not.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Its a chrome issue. And yes, return, backspace and you dont have the problem anymore. (I just had the issue momentarily until I followed the rooster's advice.)

And its typically only when quoting, never when posting direct.
    Okay, just trying the fix and HEY, it worked. Thanks. ;)

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I think it just started in the last week or so. Last nite I switched to Firefox for a while and never had the problem. But could reproduce it on a whim in Chrome.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Happens to me intermittently in Chrome, I've been typing into Wordpad and pasting it in

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    THis really bummed me up. I was expecting Pangalactic Gargleblaster or some such....
    But to answer the question, I've not noticed any intermittent keyboardical errorses.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Yep, definitely a Chrome issue. I have had the problem on my main desktop for over a week now and thought it was a Linux issue, but I have Linux on my laptop and have no problems. Checked and I'm using Firefox on the laptop. Tested with Firefox and Opera on my main PC and both work fine. On Chrome, I have the spacebar problem if doing a quick reply, but if I go advanced it works fine... :dunno:

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    Yep, noticed it yesterday. Spaces at the end of the text didn't take. Spaces prior to the last character were fine. I just put a period, then typed everything to the left of the period.

Top Bottom