• ...and so much more!
  • RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    FYI Roadie ran an update on chrome and appears to have fixed the problem... check your version, and hopefully an update will correct the issue.
    Let us know.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Got a note from a site builder that it might be something with vBulletin and it's interface with Chrome.

:(
    I have it on good authority that there is no update from vbulletin yet... still holding out.
    On the other hand, firefox here... no problems thus far.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    :(
    I have it on good authority that there is no update from vbulletin yet... still holding out.
    On the other hand, firefox here... no problems thus far.

I think they are trying to figure out who's side of the fence the problem is, but personally my money is on Chrome still broken.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Just throwing this out there, but, do "space bar" issues fit in General FIREARMS, or should they be in the Break Room, or whatever the site issues forum is? Just sayin?

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Another data point, I am seeing it as well on Chrome. Mostly when quoting.

I have that problem too on Chrome when quoting.
    But I found out that when you start typing, click enter to go to the next line, then go back; the space bar is working again.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Just started happening to me last night. Up until then I thought you guys were all crazy.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    ive had that problem when I reply with quote on a thread. after refreshing a few times, it fixed itself
    InterestingthattherearesomanyworkaroundsbutGoogleseemsunabletofix.

Interesting that there are so many workarounds but Google seems unable to fix. Nice to be able to just type instead of trying to find where the space bar works and how to make it work. Was hoping the latest Chrome update on 12/5 would have fixed it, but it worked, then it didn't.

Another thread is in the site issues forum.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I'm having issues with the arrow keys. If I try move the cursor with the arrow keys it automatically moves to the bottom of the page.

I'm using my iPad

I have tried Safari and Google Chrome, but it happens on both. Been going on for a couple weeks.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    The space bar issue can be avoided by moving the cursor to the same line as the end quote sequence and then hitting enter twice.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I'm on a different device and the arrow key issue is still there so it's an issue in the program not the device. It's a royal pain in the rear. It's just about worth it to leave the typos and deal with the grammar Nazi.

bb37

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    North of US40
    I've noticed that if this problem happens while doing a Quick Reply (on the same screen as the thread), selecting Go Advanced to the bottom right of the Quick Reply screen fixes the problem.

I use other vBulletin forums and don't have this problem elsewhere. (Yes, I know. Different forums are likely to be running different versions of vBulletin.)

Top Bottom