• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Grunt

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Please share your experiences of having successfully defended yourself with a firearm or defended yourself by using a threat of using a firearm. It would be great to learn from all of your experiences.

As an example, about 12 years ago I was at a gas station in Indy putting gas in my vehicle on a cold night. The gas station was the one that is on the corner across the street from the Indiana State Fairgrounds. The time was near midnight and I really didn't want to stop but needed gas.

While pumping gas, I thought I was maintaining situational awareness, but obviously made an error, as I only noticed a person come out of the darkness about 10 feet from the front of the van. He was walking directly at me slowly.

Fortunately I was carrying a Smith and Wesson Model 64 revolver (.38 caliber) in a shoulder rig. As I locked eyes with the individual he slowed slightly. Once I reached inside my jacket and grasped the gun, he stopped abruptly and turned around and left. I never pulled.

Thanks for sharing your experiences.

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    I see you're fairly new here. FYI, many people may be reticent about sharing this information. Some of them because of possible/pending litigation, or possibly because of more personal reasons.

Not trying to knock your thread, (and I love reading about these sorts of things, too,) but just warning you.

That said, hope you get some good responses. :)

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    So there I was, walking down the street. I open carry my twin Glock 9's in a drop down holster, and wear body armor with some extra plates duct taped in for extra protection.

Suddenly out of nowhere, a horrendous ringing sound filled the air. The high pitched screaming started and the flood let out upon the street.

5 year olds! Everywhere! School let out. I wiped out my Twin Glock 9's and assumed a kneeling stance. I started firing but my 30 round magazines only hold so many rounds. After the smoke cleared and the ammo was out, I look down to see the slides locked back on both of my guns. I looked up, and saw the red shining behind their devil eyes.

The next part is a bit hazy, but the last thing I remember is the little girls laughing as they kicked me over and stripped me of my weapons. They ripped off the duct taped kevlar plates from my chest hair, and the last conscious glimpse was of a little pink sandel with a hello kitty picture on it heading for my face.

When I woke up, my weapons and body armor were gone. They had tied me to a lightpost with a couple jumpropes and had practiced their makeup skills on me. I looked down the street and their was only death and destruction. The five year old little girls had gone on a rampage.

A national guardsman eventually freed me from my predicament. He called me a fool. I could only nod and agree...

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    So there I was, walking down the street. I open carry my twin Glock 9's in a drop down holster, and wear body armor with some extra plates duct taped in for extra protection.

Suddenly out of nowhere, a horrendous ringing sound filled the air. The high pitched screaming started and the flood let out upon the street.

5 year olds! Everywhere! School let out. I wiped out my Twin Glock 9's and assumed a kneeling stance. I started firing but my 30 round magazines only hold so many rounds. After the smoke cleared and the ammo was out, I look down to see the slides locked back on both of my guns. I looked up, and saw the red shining behind their devil eyes.

The next part is a bit hazy, but the last thing I remember is the little girls laughing as they kicked me over and stripped me of my weapons. They ripped off the duct taped kevlar plates from my chest hair, and the last conscious glimpse was of a little pink sandel with a hello kitty picture on it heading for my face.

When I woke up, my weapons and body armor were gone. They had tied me to a lightpost with a couple jumpropes and had practiced their makeup skills on me. I looked down the street and their was only death and destruction. The five year old little girls had gone on a rampage.

A national guardsman eventually freed me from my predicament. He called me a fool. I could only nod and agree...

I saw that on the news that night. Thanks for filling in the details. As usual the news media tried to play down the kids involvement and the extent of your humiliation at the hands of the "Kalishnakittys". I had no idea about the makeup. I guess they think the public can only stomach so much when it comes to these "girl gangs". I don't know if it is true or not but a policman friend told me they had tried to braid your hair like "My Little Pony" and had colored a pink streak down the middle. You seem to have recovered enough to talk about it at least and that's a good first step.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN

ROFLMAO......must have been an all girl school? ;)

Top Bottom