• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    and we're headed in the wrong direction. Murders up 10% since 2014 (that's huuuge) and violent crime up 3.9%. Both of these stats had been trending down for years. Unfortunately, I expect those numbers to increase again in 2016. Keep your guard up...

2015 FBI Crime Report

AndersonIN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Anderson, IN
    and we're headed in the wrong direction. Murders up 10% since 2014 (that's huuuge) and violent crime up 3.9%. Both of these stats had been trending down for years. Unfortunately, I expect those numbers to increase again in 2016. Keep your guard up...

2015 FBI Crime Report

Thanks to the DIVIDER IN CHIEF AND HIS LOYAL STAFF at the DOJ!

Also you watch. All those groups that wouldn't touch these FBI stats for years will now be all over them!!!!

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    Two sides to every coin. Yep, the naysayers may crow but for the nation as a whole, this is just indicative of the world stage.

Expanding resistance against the gun control narrative is a safe bet.

Joniki

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NE Indiana
    You simply cannot make assumptions based on one year alone. Take a look at the trend over the last twenty years.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T

2015 FBI Crime Report

It's all those damn NRA members shooting the place up...

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    You simply cannot make assumptions based on one year alone. Take a look at the trend over the last twenty years.

These crimes have not occurred in a vacuum. It wasn't a random statistical fluke that caused hundreds of additional people to die last year. It was all about the problems in the large cities like Baltimore that have supported criminals at the expense of law enforcement. The continuation of which is why I am predicting that 2016 will be even worse. Chicago alone is 50% ahead of 2015 in murder rate. The continuous decreases in violent crime over the last few decades is why this change in direction stands out so much.

Joniki

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NE Indiana
    These crimes have not occurred in a vacuum. It wasn't a random statistical fluke that caused hundreds of additional people to die last year. It was all about the problems in the large cities like Baltimore that have supported criminals at the expense of law enforcement. The continuation of which is why I am predicting that 2016 will be even worse. Chicago alone is 50% ahead of 2015 in murder rate.

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u....and_rate_per_100000_inhabitants_1996-2015.xls

The over all crime rate has been on the decline for years.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    What's your point? Are you saying that violent crime didn't rise significantly in 2015 and is likely to rise again this year? Are you saying that something fundamental hasn't changed?

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Without looking at the stats, I'm confident that all the increase can be attributed to a few of those urban areas with highly restrictive gun laws. To quote Larry Potterfield "..........that's the way it is"!

CraigAPS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 26, 2016
    Muncie
    What's your point? Are you saying that violent crime didn't rise significantly in 2015 and is likely to rise again this year? Are you saying that something fundamental hasn't changed?

While it is troubling that it's the highest since 2012, what do you think about the fact that "Aggravated Assault" seems to account for more of the increase than the other crimes considered "Violent Crimes" combined?

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Aggravated assault is more serious/violent than simple assault. I think it just means that criminals are getting more violent in America. You can look at the nightly news for plenty of examples of public displays of contempt for society.

CraigAPS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 26, 2016
    Muncie
    Aggravated assault is more serious/violent than simple assault. I think it just means that criminals are getting more violent in America. You can look at the nightly news for plenty of examples of public displays of contempt for society.

True, but they don't seem to be crossing the line into murder/manslaughter. Murder went up .5 events per 100k while aggravated assault went up 6.6 events per 100k. Not really sure what to do with that, but it seems telling of something.

CraigAPS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 26, 2016
    Muncie
    Murder went up 10% in one year. I don't find the fact that other types of violent crime went up even more comforting.

I didn't think it'd make you feel all "warm and fuzzy" inside. I just found it interesting because when the news talks about crime rates they tend to focus on overall or murder rates depending on their motives. Like I said, I wasn't sure what to do with this fact. Just thought it might say something about America right now. And, it could be/probably is just that the world is more violent than it ever has been.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    True, but they don't seem to be crossing the line into murder/manslaughter. Murder went up .5 events per 100k while aggravated assault went up 6.6 events per 100k. Not really sure what to do with that, but it seems telling of something.
    Agg assault is just a murder but modern medicine was able to save their lives. 15 years ago they would have been murders.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County

2015 FBI Crime Report

wait!!!!!........Trump lied about this....he said crime was up and Politifact said it was a lie.......

Donald Trump said, 'Crime is rising.' It's not (and hasn't been for decades) | PolitiFact

​WOW the lib's are wrong?????.....i can't believe it!!!

Top Bottom