• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    wait!!!!!........Trump lied about this....he said crime was up and Politifact said it was a lie.......

Trump simply understood what has been going on before the FBI stats confirmed his point. In other words, he has been paying attention to the news and observing America, rather than waiting for a government agency to tell him what has happened in the past. Politifact was happy to use stats that disagreed with what we are seeing on a daily basis to support the status quo. Who are you going to believe: the "fact checkers" or your lying eyes?

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    Trump simply understood what has been going on before the FBI stats confirmed his point. In other words, he has been paying attention to the news and observing America, rather than waiting for a government agency to tell him what has happened in the past. Politifact was happy to use stats that disagreed with what we are seeing on a daily basis to support the status quo. Who are you going to believe: the "fact checkers" or your lying eyes?

i believe my eyes more than the fact checkers.....

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    There's also a reality, referenced upthread, that the FBI stats are somewhat open to 'massaging' by certain municipalities. If the stated increase was 10% (or any number in any category), my gut tells me it was probably higher than that. More like 50% higher (so 15% in that example).

And whether this will be an outlier or not, we won't know for 3-4 years. At this point, though, it appears to be bucking the overall trend. May develop into a new trend; might not.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Agg assault is just a murder but modern medicine was able to save their lives. 15 years ago they would have been murders.

Yup. The difference is shot placement and how close to a fire house they were.

When you have the same person "randomly shot" twice in a 5 week period, you start to suspect perhaps many of these crimes aren't quite so random. That's why these stats are meaningless to most people. Dope trade and gang wars run hot and cold. They don't effect the majority of people who'll read this.

wildcatze

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Zionsville
    And I always talk trash about Chicago but I don't even see them on the list. I guess their massive population is balancing out the south and west side issues.

philo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2010
    Peoples Republic of Bloomington
    Three pages and nobody has laid the blame on the "Ferguson Effect"? Criminals are getting more assertive because the average "boys in blue" will think twice or thrice before engaging them lest they be disavowed by their administration.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Three pages and nobody has laid the blame on the "Ferguson Effect"? Criminals are getting more assertive because the average "boys in blue" will think twice or thrice before engaging them lest they be disavowed by their administration.

Exactly what I was thinking as I was reading this thread. Aren't the cops backing away for fear of lawsuits and "racist" accusations?

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area

That was my thought as well. We've been SJW'd to the point that policing is not as aggressive and preventative as it used to be.

Top Bottom