Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Well I’ll be dipped! I guess their comeback wasn’t a big deal to the community because I never heard a peep about them reopening, but it was big news when they were closing down.

Percolater

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Don’t get a John Deere… my z950 70” has broken down each summer the past 4 years. I have to fire up the old Grasshopper 60” and finish each summer with old reliable that stopped recording hours many years ago at 1600.

BankShot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2020
    Clark County
    Thanks for all the input, guys. I really appreciate all the recommendations and information. I haven't shopped for a new mower in 20 years. I didn't realize there were so many brands of zero turns out there. I have been doing internet research, visiting dealers and checking out neighbor's mowers over the past few days and finally made a decision. I ruled out some of the recommendations on here just because there were no dealers close to me. I found a nearby dealer that I really like and decided on a Hustler Raptor XDX with a 54" deck. With the way prices are now days the commercial models were out of my range, but this is a high-end residential mower with some commercial components.

Last edited:

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Have both a john deere and a hustler about 10 years older than the John.

I won't say the jd is bad but not my cup of tea. If it weren't a gift I wouldn't have got it.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    I looked at a bunch...then got from dealer a Toro Timecutter 54". $4500 out the door with trade in of my old beater. This thing is awesome!! You adjust to your weight and its like mowing in a lazy boy. I mow over some rough yard and don't even feel it anymore in my back. I love mowing for the first time in my life. I bought a $60 oil change kit that has filters, oils, plugs.....and got another 1 yr. warranty on top of the 3 yr. warranty so 4 years! Runs like a champ. I'm sure glad I got this one. Had some steep ditch line, dealer said if you can mow it with a rider you can with a zero turn and he was right. The reviews on you tube on this mower are outstanding and I can see why. View attachment 211031
    @BankShot, just picked this exact mower up. I love it. Ill agree the MyRide system makes it feel like you're mowing in your favorite recliner. Had the Timecutter 18-52 before and had zero issues. Definitely worth the $$.

Edit: didn't see you already made a decision. Congrats

BankShot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2020
    Clark County
    @BankShot, just picked this exact mower up. I love it. Ill agree the MyRide system makes it feel like you're mowing in your favorite recliner. Had the Timecutter 18-52 before and had zero issues. Definitely worth the $$.

Edit: didn't see you already made a decision. Congrats
    Glad you found yours also. Sounds like a really nice mower. There's a lot of choices out there. I hope both of ours turn out to be good ones. Mine is being delivered later today.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I have a Grasshopper 727T6, 27hp with a 61" deck I bought used some years back.
    The deck also tilts up and down electrically for cleaning with just the touch of a switch.
    It's been a great mower and I've never regretted buying it!

It was from a Grasshopper dealer that takes trade-ins, and every year in the spring there's several good used ones that were traded in for new ones.
    Up in my old hometown, there's a rush in early spring to get a deal on a good used one from when the farmers trade theirs in.
    20140414_131629.jpg

Last edited:

Hoosier Carry

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2012
    In the Woods
    Thought I would share this with all of the zero turn crews out there. I have had this foot activated grass flap on my mower for about 5 years. It’s a nice addition to your mower for keeping clipping out of your patio space and flower beds. They have the flap for most every mower.

C6D34D2B-E0F0-4018-8691-9BBB64439518.gif

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    My buddy's landscaping company uses ex-marks. I have a Gravely 52" (which is also Ariens). It is the right size for my property and maneuvering. They use commercial parts in the residential model too. I've had it 2 years and it is still under 30 hours (with me double cutting some times). Lots of steel and not a lot of plastic.

Originally went looking for a Deere, but during covid, they only had 1 model and it was a $30K Rolls-Royce, so pass.

View attachment 210846

View attachment 210847

View attachment 210848

View attachment 210849
    I mean, it's good enough for Shaq.

Screenshot_20221109-181347_Facebook.jpg

Top Bottom