• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Primordial

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2011
    SouthEast Indiana
    Getting ready to order myself a Christmas gift and I'm torn between between the Zero Tolerance 350 or Sypderco Manix 2. I like a larger folder and probably cant go wrong with either but I'm interested in what people own the knives think.

Thanks in advance.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I like my EDC Manix II, but the 350 is also a good knife. I rank them very closely. I went with the Manix II only because I got one for $75 vs. $95+ for the 350.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    0350 IMO :) maybe the new one with the zdp blade steel

Definitely hit up brad and he will probably let you try out both and you could pick the one that feels the best in your hand

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    Both are great knives and you won't go wrong with either one. It boils down to personal preference. The ZT0350 is an assisted opening knife with S30V steel. The Manix 2 is a manual opening knife with 154CM steel. The ZT 0350 is a larger knife (length and thickness) compared to the Manix 2 and might not be as pocket friendly if your wearing anything but jeans. Both knives are USA made and carry a life time warranty.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I owned the 350 and carried it daily. I was with another member one day and handled his ManixII and got one the same week. The Spyderco is slimmer, easier to carry, and I really like the ball bearing lock. Most important, I love how the 154CM stays sharp, even after hard use. I didn't appreciate the finish on the 350's blade and after using it a while, IMO the S30V didn't stay as sharp. Also, I'm not a fan of the assisted opening system on the 350. So, I would say, go with the Spyderco.

I almost scooped you, Brad. Maybe I'm learning. ;)

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I owned the 350 and carried it daily. I was with another member one day and handled his ManixII and got one the same week. The Spyderco is slimmer, easier to carry, and I really like the ball bearing lock. Most important, I love how the 154CM stays sharp, even after hard use. I didn't appreciate the finish on the 350's blade and after using it a while, IMO the S30V didn't stay as sharp. Also, I'm not a fan of the assisted opening system on the 350. So, I would say, go with the Spyderco.

Why didnt you like the assisted opening?

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Why didnt you like the assisted opening?

You know LM, the more I'm on INGO the more I believe I'm just strange. I have no reason that I can put my finger on, but I just prefer manual-opening knives. I have a Kershaw Leek that I've never carried because of that one issue. :dunno:

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    You know LM, the more I'm on INGO the more I believe I'm just strange. I have no reason that I can put my finger on, but I just prefer manual-opening knives. I have a Kershaw Leek that I've never carried because of that one issue. :dunno:

I could have told you that you're strange ;)

But that makes sense, you're just not crazy about them.
    I was just curious. I'm actually looking into moving up and getting a new knife.
    And I've no idea what I want yet....

mkelsey

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Springville

I have a 0300 that I have really put through the ringer and the finish still looks amazing. Whenever the urge to clean it hits I literally use whatever is at hand wether it is windex, water or any number of other random cleaners that are within reach in the kitchens we are rewiring a restaurant and rub it in. The tungsten coating has really been good to me.

P.S. incase it wasnt clear, my vote goes for the 0350:rockwoot:

Edit* Just wanted to add that assisted or non assisted makes no difference to me at all. I do not prefer one over the other and dont even think about it when making a knife purchase

DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    If the ZT0350 and the Spyderco are the two you are really set on you really do need to see Brad and handle both. They are very different knives when carrying and in feel even though they are about the same size.

I really like my ZT0301, I don't own a spyderco yet! They are both great knives!:twocents:

copper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jun 20, 2009
    Shelby County
    I have both.. I love the ZT...The Manix 2 sprint run "Stag Arms" I don't like at all for
    some reason... it's a good knife S30V steel.. I just don't care for it...

picture.php
    [/IMG]

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Ive got a 350, and carry it daily. I want a Manix 2.

Either way I think your good to go, just play with them somewhere and make a choice.

Primordial

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2011
    SouthEast Indiana
    Thanks for all the input. Unfortunately here in the southeast corner of Indiana I don't have a place where I can go to hold and get a feel for either knife (without driving 30 miles). So most of my buys come from reviews, YouTube videos, quality, and the design of the knife. And by the way I placed a order for the Manix 2. Its been a few years since I have bought a Spyderco. I'm sure I will end up with the Zero Tolerance sometime next year:):

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Both are great knives and you won't go wrong with either one. It boils down to personal preference. The ZT0350 is an assisted opening knife with S30V steel. The Manix 2 is a manual opening knife with 154CM steel. The ZT 0350 is a larger knife (length and thickness) compared to the Manix 2 and might not be as pocket friendly if your wearing anything but jeans. Both knives are USA made and carry a life time warranty.

What are the difference between the zt0300 and the zt0350?

Top Bottom