• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Not much different than any one of a few hundred cave digs I've been on ;-)

I've never been on a cave dig but it doesn't sound like much fun if it's similar to that video. That being said, video 7 & 8... WOW, they really put some quality engineering and fab work into the hatch system. If only I had that kind of time and the friends that would help with it then take the secret to their grave... oh, and bedrock that is deeper than 3 feet down... lol

ETA, you're going to have to come out to my new place once we get moved and settled in... maybe do a little shooting together and your vast knowledge of geology etc can probably teach me a thing or 2 about my property.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I want to see your new place!

We put an entrance in to a cave a few years ago that involved digging 43' through solid rock straight down then we built a bunker over the entrance, backfilled around it and now the only evidence on the surface is the hatch gate. We had a crane system we used to haul buckets of gravel up. It took us two years of working every other weekend, I'll show you pics and vids we took sometime.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    I want to see your new place!

We put an entrance in to a cave a few years ago that involved digging 43' through solid rock straight down then we built a bunker over the entrance, backfilled around it and now the only evidence on the surface is the hatch gate. We had a crane system we used to haul buckets of gravel up. It took us two years of working every other weekend, I'll show you pics and vids we took sometime.
    Wow, that's some serious dedication!!!

Top Bottom