• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    I have two young kids that are very into shooting sports. A lot of them….. everything from air rifle and archery to muzzleloading and trap. Main focus being modern and muzzleloading trap. They are good (8&11) so when I say good it is good for their age. We homeschool, so it is difficult to get grants and join teams.

I know there are kids getting sponsored / grants / free programs I am curious if anyone on here either has a child that is sponsored (or themselves) or do you sponsor kids? if so what do you look for or ask of the child?

Kind of in the beginning stages of this thought just wondering if anyone on here has been down this road already maybe could give some insight?

thanks!

Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    I have two young kids that are very into shooting sports. A lot of them….. everything from air rifle and archery to muzzleloading and trap. Main focus being modern and muzzleloading trap. They are good (8&11) so when I say good it is good for their age. We homeschool, so it is difficult to get grants and join teams.

I know there are kids getting sponsored / grants / free programs I am curious if anyone on here either has a child that is sponsored (or themselves) or do you sponsor kids? if so what do you look for or ask of the child?

Kind of in the beginning stages of this thought just wondering if anyone on here has been down this road already maybe could give some insight?

thanks!
    What part of the state do you live in?

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    I know of two programs, ATA Aim and Scholastic Shooting Sports Foundation. Find a Trap Club that has these programs. You'll still have to pay some money, but most provide free or reduce target fees and maybe free shells.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    I know of two programs, ATA Aim and Scholastic Shooting Sports Foundation. Find a Trap Club that has these programs. You'll still have to pay some money, but most provide free or reduce target fees and maybe free shells.

they are already in AIM and there is nothing reduced or free. Atleast not anywhere we have shot.

Rio

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2017
    SE Indiana
    My kids had sponsorships but they weren’t free. The sponsors they had expected a fair bit from them and in turn took care of them. Now that they are adults they have more helpers than sponsors. Folks that send some ammo or if they need something small it shows up. Good people in the shooting sports.
    Maybe look into joining a local youth program and offer to put some work in writing grants. That’s how my youth program started.

Top Bottom