• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nucular

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I would like to get my son involved with some NRL22 type events. I have been to the official NRL22 site and it appears the closest clubs/matches are either Nashville or Kokomo. Does anyone know of any clubs closer to Indy that put on NRL22 or NRL22-like events? I wouldn't mind driving that far for one or two but I doubt I would be able to make it a monthly thing if I have to drive that far.

samtoast

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 17, 2021
    Indianapolis
    I would like to get my son involved with some NRL22 type events. I have been to the official NRL22 site and it appears the closest clubs/matches are either Nashville or Kokomo. Does anyone know of any clubs closer to Indy that put on NRL22 or NRL22-like events? I wouldn't mind driving that far for one or two but I doubt I would be able to make it a monthly thing if I have to drive that far.
    Hello,
    There is a small group of us who shoot NRA Precision Pistol indoors and outdoors on west side of Indy. The indoor matches are at Range USA Avon, and the outdoor matches are at Marion County Fish and Game. You can run the whole match with a 22LR pistol.
    Although we don't have an official youth program, you will find a lot of our members willing to mentor along the way.
    Our next indoor match is on Monday, April 1st between 5:00-7:30 PM and our next outdoor match is on April 20th between 9:00AM-2:30 PM. Please feel free to stop by to check it out. Let me know if you need more information.

Vimace

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2023
    Indianapolis
    Hello,
    There is a small group of us who shoot NRA Precision Pistol indoors and outdoors on west side of Indy. The indoor matches are at Range USA Avon, and the outdoor matches are at Marion County Fish and Game. You can run the whole match with a 22LR pistol.
    Although we don't have an official youth program, you will find a lot of our members willing to mentor along the way.
    Our next indoor match is on Monday, April 1st between 5:00-7:30 PM and our next outdoor match is on April 20th between 9:00AM-2:30 PM. Please feel free to stop by to check it out. Let me know if you need more information.
    Nice info !

nucular

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Hello,

I'll definitely look into that but he's wanting to use his tikka in some sort of nrl23/PRS type event.

nucular

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Brownsburg

I'm working on starting this match. Plan to update thread next week on first match date and time.

Awesome. I did see that thread and we are definitely interested in trying it out. Lookinf forward to more details.

Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    See post re 22 rifle matches at RCC. We're about 90 minutes west of you. Not NRL, but my best advice is to experience a variety of events, they all yield exposure to shooting activities and you don't initially limit yourself to a particular discipline.

nucular

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Brownsburg
    See post re 22 rifle matches at RCC. We're about 90 minutes west of you. Not NRL, but my best advice is to experience a variety of events, they all yield exposure to shooting activities and you don't initially limit yourself to a particular discipline.

I just found your post. That's cutting it close for me to get off work and get over there but may give it a shot. He hasn't pushed his rifle past 100 yards. Is the event pretty newbie friendly?

Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    I just found your post. That's cutting it close for me to get off work and get over there but may give it a shot. He hasn't pushed his rifle past 100 yards. Is the event pretty newbie friendly?
    The Wed night match is now cancelled due to weather. Saturday April 13 is still on. Registration until 10:30, then a shooters meeting and course description. Newbies are squaded with experienced shooters. This format is newbie friendly, even allows shooters to share the same rifle. Folding bipod front rest, no artificial support on the rear. You'll need about 80 rounds per shooter, including sighters. Hit/miss scoring.

Bullet drops about 2" from 100-110, another 18" at 165y. Targets are sized roughly 2 MOA per the distance.

More details? Give me a call

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    Hoosier Hills is pretty accessible from indy, about 10 miles off I65 exit 68 (about halfway between columbus and nashville). Depending on where in indy you are that could be only 35-40 minutes. We're very newbie/youth friendly.

Top Bottom