Your vote must be cast wisely, will it be right?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I can't support Johnson, and I certainly can't vote for Romney or white Romney. My conscience dictates that I shall not vote for president this year.
    I will be voting in State-wide and local elections where I feel there's a true choice in the interests of the Republic. But I refuse to lend my hand to its destruction.

If all candidates receive no votes, then what? :ingo:

Good question.....None of the above.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    I can't support Johnson, and I certainly can't vote for Romney or white Romney. My conscience dictates that I shall not vote for president this year.
    I will be voting in State-wide and local elections where I feel there's a true choice in the interests of the Republic. But I refuse to lend my hand to its destruction.

If all candidates receive no votes, then what? :ingo:

Then the one dude that voted for himself is King.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Uhhh... no... anyone wishing for collapse either does not understand what they wish for, is a troll, or is an idiot.

Fight to avoid collapse as hard as you can. The alternative is surely worse.

History is littered with examples.

Our founders didn't form our republic by playing into the status quo or voting for the king.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Uhhh... no... anyone wishing for collapse either does not understand what they wish for, is a troll, or is an idiot.

Fight to avoid collapse as hard as you can. The alternative is surely worse.

History is littered with examples.

Better now than later. Is it going to be any better for the world if it happens 100 years from now? Not likely. Deal with it now and get it over with or pass it along like our debt to our children and grandchildren................

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    Our founders didn't form our republic by playing into the status quo or voting for the king.

And they took a lot of crap for more than a hundred years before pulling the trigger.

Are you really advocating "just getting on with it" and collapsing things?

I sure as heck am not. I will fight to turn things around - and fight hard. That is to turn it around - NOT to cause collapse.

I do not think that we are anywhere near the point that collapse is justified.

And I stand by my statement - it is a fool or someone who has not studied history that wishes for collapse.

Should we take the hard medicine and fix our economic system so that our kids and grandkids don't have to? YES.
    Collapse the system "so that it doesn't happen on their watch" HELL NO.

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    Good question.....None of the above.

large_brewster.JPG

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    And they took a lot of crap for more than a hundred years before pulling the trigger.

I sure as heck am not. I will fight to turn things around - and fight hard. That is to turn it around - NOT to cause collapse.

And I stand by my statement - it is a fool or someone who has not studied history that wishes for collapse.

The problem is we do not think it can ever be turned around, we hope you are right, but we just do not see how it can happen and we will fight for it to be turned around

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008

The Tories thought our founders were fools to.

You cannot stop John Galt.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Actually anyone with more electoral votes then him will be the next president. Romney is no Saint of the Second Amendment.

Obama can't do it alone, besides illegal executive orders he still has to go through congress. Blindly leaping from one political promise to the next is what has got us into this mess. Its about time we tried something else.

Vote for Johnson in 2012.

He's also not the evil adversary several INGOers make him out to be either.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    The Tories thought our founders were fools to.

You cannot stop John Galt.

News flash sir - this isn't 1776 and you ain't Paul Revere...

On a related note - Obama (nor Romney) are King George III...

Last news flash - I'm not a Tory either. Unless everyone that doesn't kiss Ron Paul errrr... I mean Gary Johnson errrr... I mean the Libertarian endorsed candidate of choice du jour's keister is a Tory.

Many of us AGREE with the notion that things need to change. The question is how best to accomplish it. I've used this comparison before around here - but here it goes again for you 1776 fans. NOT EVERYONE hits their boiling point at the same time. Go watch the miniseries on John Adams for a great example. John is all pissed and popping off and insulting people that he needed - and then Ben Franklin irritates the bejeebers out of him by suggesting that he solve things with a little more finesse. As it turns out BOTH were needed for success.

Anyone who has seen the human toll in a complete economic collapse will try to avert it by taking the economic medicine. And no one with a brain will steer straight into that crap storm. If it TRULY becomes inevitable - fine.

But far too many people who would unleash that economic havoc deliberately have no idea of the fury that they are unleashing.

Kind of like how people think/thought that war was all glorious until they unleashed it - then they realized the very large human toll that it takes. Economic collapse is similar.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Should we take the hard medicine and fix our economic system so that our kids and grandkids don't have to? YES.

Couldn't rep you, but I agree completely. I think doom-n-gloomers are naturally attracted to this line of reasoning (or better, rationalizing).

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN

You say all this, and yet you vote to continue marching on down that road.

Yeah, that's fighting it. Voting for Romney is REALLY taking the fight TO THEM!

:rolleyes:

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    I'm just curious why everyone is so afraid of losing the second. The trend across the country has been a winning one. Check out Kirk Freeman's post for specifics. All of this under the dbag in chief BHO.

Until the conversation changes from the .gov is going to take away our 2nd amendment rights to the .gov can not take away that which they did not grant and I don't give a damn what the SCOTUS says, it will always be just another distraction tool to keep the R vs D, Right vs Left infighting going so they can steal all our money.

I am not afraid, at all. I will vote for who represents me best, that is Johnson. Not completely but best of my ballot choices in Indiana. Funny thing, he probably best represents the majority of Romney voters better than Romney does. Irony isn't without a sense of humor.

You best care what the SCOTUS says because if they get enough liberals on there, laws can be re-written to THEIR interpretation, no if's, and's or but's about it.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    And in another 30 years, if we last that long, the current Republican nominee will make Obama look like Milton Friedman.

But he'll still be more conservative than his opponent and that's all that matters.

Perhaps not. The TEA Party has been working at the local level to get more conservative candidates elected to Congress and the Senate and to push the ones they've helped elect to resist pressure to compromise. Assuming their push continues, we can expect to see more conservatives pushing for less government and government regulation and better fiscal and tax policies. So your prophecy may go unfulfilled.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Perhaps not. The TEA Party has been working at the local level to get more conservative candidates elected to Congress and the Senate and to push the ones they've helped elect to resist pressure to compromise. Assuming their push continues, we can expect to see more conservatives pushing for less government and government regulation and better fiscal and tax policies. So your prophecy may go unfulfilled.

Can we go ahead and count out the 38 tea partiers that punted advise and consent?

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    You say all this, and yet you vote to continue marching on down that road.

Yeah, that's fighting it. Voting for Romney is REALLY taking the fight TO THEM!

:rolleyes:

Easy there chief - you don't know where my money, my time, or my vote in the primary went.

I have not derided anyone for how they choose to vote. If I have , I would and will, be the first to apologize for it.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    FTFY, because I'll take those three over

Carter
    Clinton
    Obama

Any day of the week, and an 8th day if they decide to add one.

If Reagan would not have come along when he did, we could have been Greece or a whole lot worse. Of I forgot, I think you was not around during Carter, and was still in elementary school the when he got out of office. :laugh:

The Carter years were wonderful...My children loved hot dog gravy over saltines for lunch and dinner.
    Clinton got lucky with the .com bubble.
    With Obama I wonder how many kids are even eating hot dog gravy.

Top Bottom