• mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    That looks exactly like my son’s cat. She won’t hardly let anyone touch her but she is constantly by him if not laying on him.
    Chip's mom was dumped here with five kittens almost two years ago. I found homes for all of them, but Chip refused to be caught. I gave up after trying for an hour, and delivered the rest of them to their new home. Chip got spayed and remained. We lost two of our older cats in September that were dumped here in 2004 so it worked out okay.

Last edited:

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Chip's mom was dumped here with five kittens almost two years ago. I found homes for all of them, but Chip refused to be caught. I gave up after trying for an hour, and delivered the rest of them to their new home. Chip got spayed and remained. We lost two of our older cars in September that were dumped here in 2004 so it worked out okay.
    I have helped people find lost cars before. It involved a bushhog and was a ton of work. Worth it though. I can not say rather they would have rather had a kitten, they really wanted to find the car.

:stickpoke:

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I have helped people find lost cars before. It involved a bushhog and was a ton of work. Worth it though. I can not say rather they would have rather had a kitten, they really wanted to find the car.

:stickpoke:
    Oops...cats. the old vehicles are all safe here and tucked in for the night.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Oops...cats. the old vehicles are all safe here and tucked in for the night.
    Sorry for your loss. Glad to hear the old vehicles are safe :)

Side note. If a 12 year old sneaks a gallon of ice cream out of the freezer, and eats it ALL. It will likely(did) cause it to come back out through 2 holes....at the same time. Lead to a doctors visit, loads of laundry...and a bit of laughter. I cursed refrigeration for awhile the other day.

Last edited:

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    My apprentice told me to go sit in my truck while he takes care of his work.

I've never been told that. How dare him tell me go be lazy and enjoy a coke.

*He has worked under me for over a year now and does his work really well.

DCR

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    Apparently slept wrong last night, woke up with a stiff neck, expected it to go away during the day, but it hasn't. Took an advil, but can't take another one until my other medication quits blocking absorption of other meds, another hour to wait. Got a big microwavable neck thingie soothing my aching muscles, and NOW my neck is sweating. WTH ! Who is responsible for this nightmare ?!!?

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Apparently slept wrong last night, woke up with a stiff neck, expected it to go away during the day, but it hasn't. Took an advil, but can't take another one until my other medication quits blocking absorption of other meds, another hour to wait. Got a big microwavable neck thingie soothing my aching muscles, and NOW my neck is sweating. WTH ! Who is responsible for this nightmare ?!!?
    arnold-schwarzenegger-its-not-a-tumour.gif

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    Chip's mom was dumped here with five kittens almost two years ago. I found homes for all of them, but Chip refused to be caught. I gave up after trying for an hour, and delivered the rest of them to their new home. Chip got spayed and remained. We lost two of our older cats in September that were dumped here in 2004 so it worked out okay.
    Our cat, Stella, showed up very pregnant a few years ago and had five kittens. I got them all spayed/neutered and found homes for all of them. Stella and one of her male kittens were the last two to go, but a couple of days later, I got a text from the young couple who took them, reporting that Stella was not getting along with their other cats and would we consider taking her back. When we met them for the hand-off, the poor young man had scratches all over one side of his face and up both arms. We decided to keep her.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Our cat, Stella, showed up very pregnant a few years ago and had five kittens. I got them all spayed/neutered and found homes for all of them. Stella and one of her male kittens were the last two to go, but a couple of days later, I got a text from the young couple who took them, reporting that Stella was not getting along with their other cats and would we consider taking her back. When we met them for the hand-off, the poor young man had scratches all over one side of his face and up both arms. We decided to keep her.
    My uncle had several cats, he would catch feral cats and get them fixed and release them. A few he made pets out of. He gave us two, one very laid back orange tabby and a brown tabby that hates everyone except my son. After having some serious health issues he had to get rid of the few he had. My wife volunteered us to take one, it has been in hiding for over a month and refuses to come out while anybody is around.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    My uncle had several cats, he would catch feral cats and get them fixed and release them. A few he made pets out of. He gave us two, one very laid back orange tabby and a brown tabby that hates everyone except my son. After having some serious health issues he had to get rid of the few he had. My wife volunteered us to take one, it has been in hiding for over a month and refuses to come out while anybody is around.
    DoggyMama's aunt had a cat that hated everyone but her aunt, and hid from everyone else. When she couldn't take care of him anymore, he came to live with us, with our cat and 3 dogs. At first, he hid under our bed, but after about 4 or 5 days, he started peeking out from the hallway into the living room and saw all the other critters happy and lounging around with us. After a week he was out in the mix. He used to follow me around when I was getting ready for work in the mornings. He was a cool cat, but old. Only lasted about 6 months before he passed, but at least he knew what it was like to be loved. :)

1709167674676.png

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    I had to shop for parts to build a new pc. Nothing wrong with any of the old ones(I believe I have 7 towers, and 4 laptops now in a storage room in the basement) plus the pc I am using...and the living room laptop....and my laptop. WHAT?
    Ok, yes I would like an AMD 9, and a motherboard that will run DDR5. I used Neweggs pc builder software. It has VERY nice features. You start by picking your cpu. From there it filters automatically all motherboards that cpu will fit(you do not see any of the others),pick what you need...then onto ram. It goes through every component of a build. The kicker is, you can print it and all the specs for your system and then shop around for possibly better prices.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    I am in a serious conundrum trying to decide who the biggest pieces of :poop: on the planet are.
    Doctors or lawyers and most every politician is a lawyer. Hmmmmmm.
    I am going with none of the above. The problem with all of those groups is bending to serve other groups of people. It is what they do in the service to others that generally cause them to be seen negatively and rightly so. If they maintained their own values(those that have any) instead of bending to the will and influence of "others" maybe they would not be bad at all.

ZurokSlayer7X9

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    NWI
    I had to shop for parts to build a new pc. Nothing wrong with any of the old ones(I believe I have 7 towers, and 4 laptops now in a storage room in the basement) plus the pc I am using...and the living room laptop....and my laptop. WHAT?
    Ok, yes I would like an AMD 9, and a motherboard that will run DDR5. I used Neweggs pc builder software. It has VERY nice features. You start by picking your cpu. From there it filters automatically all motherboards that cpu will fit(you do not see any of the others),pick what you need...then onto ram. It goes through every component of a build. The kicker is, you can print it and all the specs for your system and then shop around for possibly better prices.

Man, getting GPUs today is a First World Problem on its own. I remember the pre-crypto days when the Titan was seen as unobtainium with its $1000+ price. Has nothing on the $2500+ 4090's now.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Man, getting GPUs today is a First World Problem on its own. I remember the pre-crypto days when the Titan was seen as unobtainium with its $1000+ price. Has nothing on the $2500+ 4090's now.
    Try up to 4k for a 4090. I will be moving my 4070 lol

ZurokSlayer7X9

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    NWI
    Try up to 4k for a 4090. I will be moving my 4070 lol
    I'll stick with my NV-Linked 3090's (yes some of my projects need 48 GB's of VRAM).

Top Bottom