• d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Had to get out the pool to fire up the grill. Then had to get back out of pool to cook on grill. Then after dinner, I couldn't enjoy pool because of lightning :crying:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I don’t know if this is a first world problem. Or just a problem. But I’m gonna vent anyway. The PTO interface on tractors is a retarded pain in the ass. I hope the idiot who invented it isn’t your great, great uncle or some **** because I really want to cuss that guy out. I think I made up some new swear words trying to get the PTO connected to the mower.

Okay so the the neighbor wanders over, “having trouble with that? well, you gotta blah blah blah.” :rolleyes: no ****. So anyway I go back inside to cool off a little because it’s hot AF outside, and I’m drenched in sweat. Guzzle down some cold water. So back outside I try it again and that ************ latches first try. No ****ing around. It just latched. So that pissed me off.

I remembered that the last time I hooked it up the same thing happened. Wouldn’t latch. I cussed like a sailor at it. Went off to do something else for a bit. Then come back and it works right away. Next time I think I’ll lead off with cussing. Then take a break. Then hook it up.

Jndturner317

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2021
    Noblesville
    I had enough flight delays and a long enough layover going from IND to Sioux Falls I could have driven it quicker. They were telling us it was weather in Chicago but nobody mentioned Air Force One landing there

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I don’t know if this is a first world problem. Or just a problem. But I’m gonna vent anyway. The PTO interface on tractors is a retarded pain in the ass. I hope the idiot who invented it isn’t your great, great uncle or some **** because I really want to cuss that guy out. I think I made up some new swear words trying to get the PTO connected to the mower.

Okay so the the neighbor wanders over, “having trouble with that? well, you gotta blah blah blah.” :rolleyes: no ****. So anyway I go back inside to cool off a little because it’s hot AF outside, and I’m drenched in sweat. Guzzle down some cold water. So back outside I try it again and that ************ latches first try. No ****ing around. It just latched. So that pissed me off.

I remembered that the last time I hooked it up the same thing happened. Wouldn’t latch. I cussed like a sailor at it. Went off to do something else for a bit. Then come back and it works right away. Next time I think I’ll lead off with cussing. Then take a break. Then hook it up.
    Sounds like you're doing it wrong.

Seriously though the number of people I've seen trying to hold the collar back while sliding the shift onto the PTO with compact tractors is significant...don't do that. Once the tip is in just shove it right on in all the way.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    My campground mentioned wifi....I am stuck using my unlimited data....and it's only 4G LTE

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Seriously though the number of people I've seen trying to hold the collar back while sliding the shift onto the PTO with compact tractors is significant...don't do that. Once the tip is in just shove it right on in all the way.
    Ya. That’s what my neighbor said. My thoughts then were “ya? no ****”. The collar stays back on its own. I don’t have to hold it back. Shoving it once the tip is on wasn’t working.

The mechanism is the steel ball type. I think the problem is that it’s sticking. I do leave it outside, so I probably should throw a tarp over it. I may also try spraying some WD40 in there to loosen it up and actuate it before putting it on.

But that doesn’t explain the consistent results I get from cussing, taking a break, and then trying. So maybe I might do the tarp and wd40, but I’m pretty sure if I just lead with the cussing and taking a break before connecting the pto. It’ll be fine.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Ya. That’s what my neighbor said. My thoughts then were “ya? no ****”. The collar stays back on its own. I don’t have to hold it back. Shoving it once the tip is on wasn’t working.

The mechanism is the steel ball type. I think the problem is that it’s sticking. I do leave it outside, so I probably should throw a tarp over it. I may also try spraying some WD40 in there to loosen it up and actuate it before putting it on.

But that doesn’t explain the consistent results I get from cussing, taking a break, and then trying. So maybe I might do the tarp and wd40, but I’m pretty sure if I just lead with the cussing and taking a break before connecting the pto. It’ll be fine.
    That was my second thought but didn't want to sidetrack thread.

Always lube your balls and make sure they drop in easily, then get a good grip on the shaft, release the collar once the tip is in and bury the shaft balls deep

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder

Sounds like some advice dad gave me way back when. :lmfao:

Top Bottom