• ...and so much more!
  • Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Lol. I did eat 3 baskets of ribbon fries prior. Wanted to try the "wood fired" pizza.
    The Bibi's Bites in Burns Harbor is wood fired, but I wasn't impressed visiting in the 1st month, but I'll give it a 2nd chance sometime. It's supposed to put a char crunch on it. Their signature bites were not my cup of tea, but the wife and kid liked them.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Followed the signs to a garage sale and an estate sale, only to discover the signs were old and there were no sales. Wish people would take their sale signs down, when the sale is over.
    I hate that. If they have an address (but no dates) on the signs I've come close to going there and knocking on the door and telling them I'm there for the sale.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Tried to order replacement lenses for my aviators. AO was bought out several years ago and they decided to keep the name of the glasses, but redesign the lens shape slightly.

If I want replacements I have to reach out to a 3rd party repair company that still has some original stock for $150 a set :faint: (just lenses)
    The Australian company I found that sells replacement lenses for $40 cant tell me which style they copied; old or new. (strike two) So I dont want to take the chance since its gonna cost half as much to return them if they dont work.

Its quite irritating when a company gets bought out and the new owners change the design materially, but dont change the name, confusing things for consumers. (and its also annoying when vendors dont know exactly what they are selling... old or new style)

Last edited:

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Tried to order replacement lenses for my aviators. AO was bought out several years ago and they decided to keep the name of the glasses, but redesign the lens shape slightly.

If I want replacements I have to reach out to a 3rd party repair company that still has some original stock for $150 a set :faint: (just lenses)
    The Australian company I found that sells replacement lenses for $40 cant tell me which style they copied; old or new. (strike two) So I dont want to take the chance since its gonna cost half as much to return them if they dont work.

Its quite irritating when a company gets bought out and the new owners change the design materially, but dont change the name, confusing things for consumers.
    Buy Ray Bans

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus

Its quite irritating when a company gets bought out and the new owners change the design materially, but dont change the name, confusing things for consumers.
    Changing design specs without checking with past customers is very rude. :(

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Got too close working next to a ladle of steel.
    Ruined the cushion on my hearing protection.
    Don't want to hit the boss up for replacement, because he'll point out I'm not supposed to be using the old style hat.
    Jokes on him. Just found a replacement on amazon

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Changing design specs without checking with past customers is very rude. :(
    I dont care if they change a spec. Go for it. BUT CHANGE THE DAMN NAME TOO!!

Don't call it "classic aviators" (what they were called originally) when they arent. They are "new design aviators".

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Got too close working next to a ladle of steel.
    Ruined the cushion on my hearing protection.
    Don't want to hit the boss up for replacement, because he'll point out I'm not supposed to be using the old style hat.
    Jokes on him. Just found a replacement on amazon
    Wait. You’ve just defeated your boss and this is a first-world “problem”? Rejoice. Enjoy your victory over first world tyranny!

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Wait. You’ve just defeated your boss and this is a first-world “problem”? Rejoice. Enjoy your victory over first world tyranny!
    First world problems are usually solvable.
    And, that makes the second problem, me having to use MY money instead of company money.

Top Bottom