• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Hey, don’t knock a warm steering wheel on a cold morning. At first I was like wut? Heated steering wheel? But to get some other features I wanted I had to get the package, which came with heated seats. And since they’re there, and I paid for them, might as well use them, right? So now it’s:drool:

I could do without the annoying auto-stop though. I hate that.
    DoggyMama's van has heated seats. I can't stand them. Feels like I peed my pants or something. :):

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    DoggyMama's van has heated seats. I can't stand them. Feels like I peed my pants or something. :):
    To be honest, I don’t use the heated seats that much. But if it’s really cold it heats up quickly. And it seems to help my back sometimes when it’s sore.

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    Auto stop.
    Is that engine stopping at stoplights?
    That's gotta be a nightmare on starter maintenance

Thats what I thought when this idea took hold. Starter business is going to pickup.

Sitting at a light in town with your window partly down, light turns green, you hear all these engines starting up. Odd.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Auto stop.
    Is that engine stopping at stoplights?
    That's gotta be a nightmare on starter maintenance
    Yeah. I hate it. But supposedly the system is designed to withstand the orders of magnitude more starts throughout the lifetime. I hate it. It has two batteries. And I think even a different starter motor for the auto-start. I hate it.

Did I mention I hate it.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Mine has a button so I can turn it off
    My biggest complaint is the payment
    I have a button that turns it off too. But it defaults to on, so I have to remember to turn it back off every time I drive my truck. And yeah, I'd rather my Truck were free too. If it were, I'd not complain at all about the ***damn auto-stop.

As soon as the warranty is up I'm going to install one of those wire harnesses that disables auto-stop.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I have a button that turns it off too. But it defaults to on, so I have to remember to turn it back off every time I drive my truck. And yeah, I'd rather my Truck were free too. If it were, I'd not complain at all about the ***damn auto-stop.

As soon as the warranty is up I'm going to install one of those wire harnesses that disables auto-stop.
    :runaway:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

Try alligator clips on the back of the switch, shorting it out.
    If that works, I'd solder a wire on.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Mrs.BRC’s 17’ malibu had the auto stop/start. Theres a setting somewhere to shut it off but you have to do it every time you start it.
    At least my truck has a button to turn it off temporarily. But there’s a wiring harness available for many makes and models which is a replacement for the existing one that disables it.

Top Bottom