Your Favorite cheap Handgun that everyone else thinks is Junk and makes fun of.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KeeperoftheH

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 5, 2022
    Fort Wayne
    My favorite (especially since they've come down in price in recent years) is the Bersa BP9CC. It was ahead of the curve when slim single-stack 9mms were becoming popular, and for my hands is easily the most comfortable pistol in it's size class. I remember the first time I shot it at the range, and was very pleasantly surprised with how it did. Had three other buddies give it a go (one a solid Glock guy, one a die-hard Sig/HK guy), and every one of them had a huge grin on their face when they finished the mag.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I have a shiny, stainless Taurus .44 Mag with a 4" ported barrel and wood grips that I bought years ago at an auction for $250.

It's a fire breathing dragon to shoot and always puts a smile on my face.

Plus it shoots better than my dad's 8" S&W model 29.

B737Mech

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2010
    Noblesville
    Another vote for Phoenix Arms HP22A. I picked one last fall at SPB for $150 out the door. I had been keeping my eye out for one used but couldn't pass it up at that price. Shoots much better than I had feared and no issue with first 150 round of cheap bulk ammo.

Hulberr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2021
    Angola
    Taurus PT738 .380, it’s pink and is commonly referred to as “Pinky” by my family. It’s been 100% reliable and accurate enough to hit a 8” paper plate 80% of the time at 21 feet.

Claddagh

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2008
    This one. My old EAA Witness that I bought for $225 LNIB at Bradi's about 30 years ago. Over 7K rds. now and still hits right on POA and remains as dead-nuts reliable as gravity. NO malfs with any brand or weight of factory ammo I've used and only three with some crappy gun show reloads. Only wish that I'd gotten an ambi thumb safety for it while they still made 'em. Wouldn't swap this one for diamonds
    IMG_0223.JPG

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    This one. My old EAA Witness that I bought for $225 LNIB at Bradi's about 30 years ago. Over 7K rds. now and still hits right on POA and remains as dead-nuts reliable as gravity. NO malfs with any brand or weight of factory ammo I've used and only three with some crappy gun show reloads. Only wish that I'd gotten an ambi thumb safety for it while they still made 'em. Wouldn't swap this one for diamonds
    View attachment 198575
    CZ

Hapea2serv

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2023
    Angola
    My Jennings J-22. Dad gave it to me 25 yrs ago. I never had a reason until recently to carry a weapon. However things changed a couple months ago. I need a pocket pistol because of work. So i got this dude out, gave it a cleaning. Polished the feed ramp. It cycles good. I am looking to replace it asap, but haven’t found anything used in NE Indiana yet. I have some new ones on wish list. 22, 380, 9mm would be great. However until i find something the Jennings J-22 is my starter.

Attachments

• 397A7B03-7EFF-48B0-BE94-6A84277E95E4.jpeg
      397A7B03-7EFF-48B0-BE94-6A84277E95E4.jpeg
      812.5 KB · Views: 8

360willys

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 14, 2019
    South Bend
    I once bought a Ruger security six .357 for $300. I regent getting rid of that gun. The barrel was shot out it was beat to **** and had a stub 2 inch barrel. That freaking gun shot better then any 6 inch 357 i ever had. Man i miss that gun.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

BigRed3588

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 4, 2013
    Boynton Beach
    My Jennings J-22. Dad gave it to me 25 yrs ago. I never had a reason until recently to carry a weapon. However things changed a couple months ago. I need a pocket pistol because of work. So i got this dude out, gave it a cleaning. Polished the feed ramp. It cycles good. I am looking to replace it asap, but haven’t found anything used in NE Indiana yet. I have some new ones on wish list. 22, 380, 9mm would be great. However until i find something the Jennings J-22 is my starter.

I once saw an ad for a Jennings that said “Great self defense weapon if you have a strong throwing arm.” :lmfao:

Not trying to be a jerk, it just happens to be what I think of every time a see a Jennings. If it works and you trust it, that’s all that matters.

Bassat

I shoot Canon, too!
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2022
    Osceola, Indiana 46561
    Keltec P32. I've been carrying this thing in front pants pocket for 20+ years. Stoked w/Fiocchi 73gr ball ammo, it will do its part, if I do mine. It is MOBG accurate to 10 or 12 feet. At the range, it does OK at 7 yards. Most assuredly, a belly gun. Over 1000 rounds through it and never a hiccup. I left two magazines for it, fully loaded (6 rounds), in the back of the safe for a good part of that 20 years. Both the magazines and the ammo function just fine when I got them to the range

Hapea2serv

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2023
    Angola
    I once saw an ad for a Jennings that said “Great self defense weapon if you have a strong throwing arm.” :lmfao:

Not trying to be a jerk, it just happens to be what I think of every time a see a Jennings. If it works and you trust it, that’s all that matters.
    I would have to throw it, im to old to run. My main threats dont shoot, they bite. Stray dogs. I have a good rifle also. Im working to get a good pocket gun, hopefully soon. The J-22 works good now. It what i have it is accurate..

Pepi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Hartford City 47348
    Had a guy tell me the Charter Arms 38 I have are junk. Don't seem like junk to me. Best 150.00 I've spent on a subnose

Attachments

• IMG_0911.jpg
      IMG_0911.jpg
      478.8 KB · Views: 9
    Top Bottom