• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Archbishop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    INDY
    I have nothing useful to add to this conversation. What is there to say, blatent abuse of power. I will be interested to hear what if anything gets reported in the future about this.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    The cops were probably the only ones qualified to carry the Glock foe tay in a court room.

Dryden

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2009
    N.E. Indianapolis
    It was anger over traffic tickets that brought Payne to city hall last week, said his lawyer, Randy Fishman. After Payne failed to get a traffic ticket dismissed on Aug. 27, police gave Payne or his son another ticket that day. Payne, 39, returned to court to vent his anger to Judge Tonya Alexander, Fishman said.
    It's unclear exactly what happened next, but Martin said an argument between Payne and the seven police officers who attended the hearing apparently escalated to a scuffle, ending when an officer shot Payne from behind.
    Doctors in Memphis, Tenn., removed a .40-caliber bullet from Payne's hip bone, Martin said. Another officer suffered a grazing wound to his finger from the bullet.
    Martin declined to name the officer who shot Payne. It's unclear if the officer has been disciplined.
    Prosecutor Lindsey Fairley said Thursday that he didn't plan to file any felony charges against the officer or Payne. Fairley, reached at his home, said Payne could face a misdemeanor charge stemming from the scuffle, but that would be up to the city's judge. He said he didn't remember the name of the officer who fired the shot.

The highlighted print is just amazing.
    Let me get this straight.... one fireman against seven cops...the unarmed fireman is shot in the back....no charges against the cop...the fireman may be charged with a misdemeanor.

What for, inhibiting the flight path of an official police bullet?????

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Maybe it's well past the time that we took the British route and took their guns away. Then things would be evened out. They could keep Flying Squads for truly dangerous situations, but even those would be severely limited in weapons and tactics. Let the citizenry do the real policing and defending.

jamstutz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 9, 2008
    Berne
    Slow down a little please...

Let's remember that none of us were there and all we have to go on is the report of a member of the news media who likely had no clue what was going on either. I've never seen any news report of any incident in which I was personally involved that didn't contain a number of omissions, if not glaring errors.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    One thing is for sure, the fire chief is either going to have to leave podunk Arkansas, or be a target for all those guys and their buddies for years to come.

I don't think I'd be willing to leave my home unless I had impressionable young ones - then maybe I'd take the money and run, or maybe I'd have to teach my sons not to run from tyranny and stay there - and maybe get killed in an "accident".

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    So, the moral of this story is, dont give hilljack Fire Chiefs tickets or they will go and start a fight in the court? Thats the story I am reading here... Sounds like that guy should not be a Chief anymore if he cant handle everyday stress, like getting a ticket or similar. Hate to see what he does to his family if they do something bad...

Dryden

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2009
    N.E. Indianapolis
    So, the moral of this story is, dont give hilljack Fire Chiefs tickets or they will go and start a fight in the court? Thats the story I am reading here... Sounds like that guy should not be a Chief anymore if he cant handle everyday stress, like getting a ticket or similar. Hate to see what he does to his family if they do something bad...

Yup. He should be shot in the back.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Comedy of errors, on all parts? Maybe we can all agree on that:
    1. Fire Chief causing a ruckuss, unbefitting of his rank and gentry.
    2. Cop having a firearm IN THE COURT ROOM.
    3. Cop USING the firearm in a potentially NON-DEADLY event.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    I'm getting a lot of use out of this one today :):

This won't end well!
    untrainabledog.jpg

Top Bottom