• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    It is interesting that posts keep showing up from someone who personally knows nothing about Federal DOT laws and states he has information from the OP .... But yet he still has posted NOTHING in this thread with any of said proof..
    He just posts childish comments..

Go back through and see who has tried to attack someones character in this thread and then get back to me on the childish part.

I have learned a long time ago through my faith that I don't look to man to be judged by.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    I never said that facts were not posted. What I did say was people keep assuming things. Nobody has any proof as to where or how much hauling the OP does.

And this is why. Chevy, 2500, diesel. 39,000lbs. Handles it just fine.

wa4q5z.jpg

This is the first time I have seen him with rocks, but he hauls heavy equipment, bulldozers and such, with that truck and trailer on a regular basis. Maybe not daily in the absolute sense, but very regularly.

I should also add that if you didn't know he did this, you wouldn't realize it from riding in the truck. No unusual rattles or strange behavior. I attribute this more to his skill in working the truck without tearing it up than to the truck itself, but nevertheless, he isn't feeding anyone any BS about it being adequate.

It was posted.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Nobody has any proof as to where or how much hauling the OP does.

Nor does the OP have any proof as to where or how much hauling all of the rest of us do, yet he was the first to boldly declare that no one needs a dually. That is the title of the thread. The assumptions didn't start in the replies.

When a thread starts with such a sweeping assumption, no one can complain about assumptions that follow. At least not without seeming intellectually dishonest.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    You are the one that posted that he does this on a regular basis.

Wait a minute there. I said that he hauls things on a regular basis. Not those particular rocks and not quite that much weight. That said, it is still more than common expectations.

Now, for my question: He took a jab at the people who feel compelled to use trucks far in excess of the job being done (his favorite example being the landscapers who feel the need for a dually to pull a lawnmower on a small trailer) for a laugh. We have a thread full of people acting like he kicked their daughters and raped their dogs, and it continues.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Wait a minute there. I said that he hauls things on a regular basis. Not those particular rocks and not quite that much weight. That said, it is still more than common expectations.

Now, for my question: He took a jab at the people who feel compelled to use trucks far in excess of the job being done (his favorite example being the landscapers who feel the need for a dually to pull a lawnmower on a small trailer) for a laugh. We have a thread full of people acting like he kicked their daughters and raped their dogs, and it continues.
    This is the first time I have seen him with rocks, but he hauls heavy equipment, bulldozers and such, with that truck and trailer on a regular basis. Maybe not daily in the absolute sense, but very regularly.

I should also add that if you didn't know he did this, you wouldn't realize it from riding in the truck. No unusual rattles or strange behavior. I attribute this more to his skill in working the truck without tearing it up than to the truck itself, but nevertheless, he isn't feeding anyone any BS about it being adequate.

:dunno:

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    The OP doesn't owe you me or anybody else an explanation for anything. I don't blame him one bit got not coming back to explain it either.

Yeah he does if he leaves out details important to the topic at hand. A vague post opens up questions.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Go back through and see who has tried to attack someones character in this thread and then get back to me on the childish part.

I have learned a long time ago through my faith that I don't look to man to be judged by.

You keep talking about your faith and me acting childish, but yet you are the one that has sent PM's with F u squirrel in your posts to me and your truly childish retorts written with you sending me negative rep..
    And still you haven't posted in this thread anything worthy.. Nothing but hot air.
    Hurry up, its been a few days now, you can send me some more bad rep.
    LOL.. At least I have some rep to take away..

Good day all.. It's funny how someone posts a thread of " Look at meeeeeeeeeee " and then realise woops that was a mistake and vaporize..
    If you have proof, post it..don't do the silly monkey dance.. If not let the thread die a death..

Last edited:

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Same rear axle and brakes between a single rear wheel and dually regardless of 3/4ton or 1ton.

That truck does NOT have airbags.

That is stupid to be doing that and puts everyone around him in harms way.

Flat stupid!

For those that asked yes the truck and trailer are both over weight, everything about it is illegal.

This ^^^

Just because nothing goes wrong doesn't mean it isn't stupid, reckless, or dangerous.

First and foremost, you're supposed to have a CDL and commercial vehicle (commercial plates & insurance) for any loads over 26k GVWR. There are a few exceptions, but at minimum even if you qualify for one of the exceptions you still need a medical card and annual vehicle inspection. My dad has commercial trucks and has had his CDL for decades... I'm not going to pretend to be intimately familiar with DOT regs butt IIRC, each item has to be secured with a minimum of 2 chains/straps of appropriate strength rating.

That being said, I know of a Dodge 3500 diesel that weighed GVWR 94,000 lb with a bumper pulled load. I also know that it didn't go over 20 mph and only had a couple miles to go... had more weight on the back of the Dodge than and entire semi truck, fully loaded weighs.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    You keep talking about your faith and me acting childish, but yet you are the one that has sent PM's with F u squirrel in your posts to me and your truly childish retorts written with you sending me negative rep..
    And still you haven't posted in this thread anything worthy.. Nothing but hot air.
    Hurry up, its been a few days now, you can send me some more bad rep.
    LOL.. At least I have some rep to take away..

Good day all.. It's funny how someone posts a thread of " Look at meeeeeeeeeee " and then realise woops that was a mistake and vaporize..
    If you have proof, post it..don't do the silly monkey dance.. If not let the thread die a death..

Never epic threads never die they only get lost like Wallet.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

Bulldozers are available in a large variety of weights. I happen to know for a fact that his dozer is legal with that truck and trailer combination. What is you point and why are you being so ****ing vindictive about this?

Last edited by a moderator:

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Bulldozers are available in a large variety of weights. I happen to know for a fact that his dozer is legal with that truck and trailer combination. What is you point and why are you being so ****ing vindictive about this?

And what did you think everyone who reads this thread is going to think with the words YOU posted?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom