• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Stang51d

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 25, 2012
    Centerpoint
    And this is why. Chevy, 2500, diesel. 39,000lbs. Handles it just fine.

wa4q5z.jpg

Shadow8088

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    *6 Hours Later* Hey guys.. finally got back home... Sheared all of my lugs on both rear wheels 1/2 mile up the road after this picture was taken... anyone know a good Mechanic and someone with a Dually?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Do you do that everyday?

This is the first time I have seen him with rocks, but he hauls heavy equipment, bulldozers and such, with that truck and trailer on a regular basis. Maybe not daily in the absolute sense, but very regularly.

I should also add that if you didn't know he did this, you wouldn't realize it from riding in the truck. No unusual rattles or strange behavior. I attribute this more to his skill in working the truck without tearing it up than to the truck itself, but nevertheless, he isn't feeding anyone any BS about it being adequate.

Stang51d

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 25, 2012
    Centerpoint
    Most of the time, it's my TD-9h Dresser dozer that's on there. It will gross 36,000 with the dozer. Been pulling that dozer on that trailer for 11 years. From 05-13 with a 2500 dodge, now from 13-now with the Chevy. Chevy now has over 80,000 on it, mostly pulling this trailer with no real issues. Will unload them tomorrow, most likely with a Komatsu 270 loader with forks.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Would have thought more tie downs would be used.

Yep, dot officers would have a hay day with that..
    If you would have had a accident, it would have been boulders away.

Just about any full-size PU will pull it, its going down a 4% grade and you hit the brakes and you don't feel the trailer breaks is when you find out your truck a wee bit small, and you instantly wish you could trade your 3/4 ton for 2 1/2 ton international with air brakes.
    I hope you never get pushed down the road by your dozer..
    Gross tonnage always wins...

Last edited:

blackenedman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    I realize it's the internet, and context is everything... But if you do this kinda hauling, for any considerable distance, I'm gonna file this under "things I wouldn't post on the internet"...

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    I thought this was going to be about the fact so many of the people I see driving duels have probably never even pulled anything.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    If you are hauling a 45' Goose neck race trailer and rolling in terrain yes you need a dully to keep the truck stable. Not so much just for the GVW towing but again....it does help.

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    Yep, dot officers would have a hay day with that..
    If you would have had a accident, it would have been boulders away.

Just about any full-size PU will pull it, its going down a 4% grade and you hit the brakes and you don't feel the trailer breaks is when you find out your truck a wee bit small, and you instantly wish you could trade your 3/4 ton for 2 1/2 ton international with air brakes.
    I hope you never get pushed down the road by your dozer..
    Gross tonnage always wins...

+1 on that , we pull horse trailers and I know the guys with dually's do better... I can only imagine hauling that much weight... That is a lot of weight for a 3/4 ton truck... especially when it comes to stopping.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    Same rear axle and brakes between a single rear wheel and dually regardless of 3/4ton or 1ton.

That truck does NOT have airbags.

That is stupid to be doing that and puts everyone around him in harms way.

Flat stupid!

For those that asked yes the truck and trailer are both over weight, everything about it is illegal.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom