• ...and so much more!
  • eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    What if the cops are the terrorists?

Makes sense, though. Terrorism is all about the "fear" of getting hurt. You don't have to actually hurt hardly anyone. I mean, how often is the average American going to ever even see a "terrorist"? Well, unless you go to a shooting range, PETA protest, Young Republicans meeting, or hang out with any other group that our [strike]fearful [/strike]fearless leaders have named as domestic terrorists.

On the other hand, there are cops everywhere. I'd bet just about all of us see at least one every day. I'm sure these statistics include things like traffic accidents as well as shootings, and include all criminals as well as "bystander" deaths.

Of course, my favorite is:
    You are 9 times more likely to choke to death on your own vomit than die in a terrorist attack

See! I almost died laughing! That's (punches a bunch of numbers into a spreadheet) 47 times more likely to happen!

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    "Killed" by police. What's the ratio of innocent people "murdered" by police? Not a fair comparison. Nevertheless, the article does bring to light what's really going on. With little effort, terrorists have cost us freedoms and a ton of money. Not to mention the interruption in our lifestyle.

According to the statistics presented, it would be more beneficial for TSA to provide heart screenings to all travelers. "Step out of the line please sir. Our scanners indicate you're on the verge of having a heart attack."

Love the 1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 20, 2010
    Perspective...

Perhaps this thread should have been placed in the LE haters forum instead of General Political Discussion.

Marc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    District 6
    well the gvt is sowly taxing you to death... here before too long this country is going to be like north korea if we keep liberals in the gvt

marion country jacked up tax to 9% why so they can host a football game, if they want a new stadium that bad then why didnt the colts pay for it, why take money from the people and since they took the money from us to pay for it. i hate the gvt... where would we be with out it?... we would be free from tyranny and oppression and be able to live our lives with out having to look over our shoulder day in and day out

IM SAYING ANYTHING ABOUT THE POLICE IN THIS its just the cops that suck at their job are the ones you hear about.

Last edited:

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    That's an interesting article. 8 times more likely, that's crazy...and sad.

This is very interesting though.

"-- You are 17,600 times more likely to die from heart disease than from a terrorist attack
    -- You are 12,571 times more likely to die from cancer than from a terrorist attack"

So did we go to war to save face or was it always just about the oil? Bring some troops home to occupy fast food ;).

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Well, the study shows that my chances are the same for being killed by a police officer and accidental electrocution. When I was five, I cut the cord of an operating fan with a pair of scissors, so I escaped that one. I think if I continue to give both the respect they deserve/require, I should be fine.

Marc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    District 6
    You are 8 times more likely to die from accidental electrocution than from a terrorist attack

DONT PEE ON AN ELECTRICAL FENCE...what a bad way to die, new meaning of hot dog or smoked sausage :D:D:D

Love the 1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 20, 2010
    Perspective...

How about you read the link then post before you start the Alarm cry... :rolleyes:

I read the link. I noticed multiple other events that are even to or more likely to kill you than a cop. It's just not a surprise that this forum immediately jumps to LE hating at every chance that presents itself.

Here, I'll send the response that I was hoping I would get when I posted that.

Top Bottom