Is there a difference?
    kiss-my-ass.jpg

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    Seems to be so many anti LEO out here. Very surprised and disappointed to find it in this Web. This isn't the first slam against Police, but when your car is stolen or your child is lost, you can't dial the phone fast enough. Go ahead and show your age and your dis likes for the profession. I my self am ashamed at some of you for your attitudes towards the profession. It shows your true colors.

Who is anti-LEO here? I see a few people who are anti-bad LEO and most of the people don't like for those members to mention anything about the bad officers. I guess you would just rather us ignore officers busting into the wrong house, murdering innocent people or their pets, destroying property, taking away our rights, and generally being ***** during interactions with citizens. Why can't we talk about these ***holes? What's the problem?

If a child is lost or a car is stolen, people pick up the phone, yeah...that's why we pay police officers to be on the job. :n00b: We don't pay them to snoop through our cars or harass us for open carrying. The police aren't the army.

You're showing your true colors as well. Apparently you would rather stand silently behind bad officers than with good citizens trying to point out the trash for you to clean up.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    Who is anti-LEO here? I see a few people who are anti-bad LEO and most of the people don't like for those members to mention anything about the bad officers. I guess you would just rather us ignore officers busting into the wrong house, murdering innocent people or their pets, destroying property, taking away our rights, and generally being ***** during interactions with citizens. Why can't we talk about these ***holes? What's the problem?

If a child is lost or a car is stolen, people pick up the phone, yeah...that's why we pay police officers to be on the job. :n00b: We don't pay them to snoop through our cars or harass us for open carrying. The police aren't the army.

You're showing your true colors as well. Apparently you would rather stand silently behind bad officers than with good citizens trying to point out the trash for you to clean up.
    :laugh:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    One of my uncles got me to pee on an electric fence when I was very young. I remember it not being very pleasant... he gave me some chewing tobacco to make up for it... I remember that being pretty unpleasant too....

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg

There is absolutely nothing wrong with pointing out the criminal ways of any bad officer. I would doubt if any officer on this forum would come to the aid of a bad officer being ridiculed on this post. However, the OP is about the possibility of someone being killed by an officer. Automatically, the discussion goes to bad cops, respect, harassment, etc. The "study" doesn't stipulate if the death results from criminal activity, error, or murder at the hand of an officer.

If there was a story about an officer or department that is in the news for violating a law, THAT officer or department should get every internet thrashing they can possibly get before going to jail. However, we tend to put all officers in the same pile, knowingly or unknowingly, and that is how we sometimes get off track.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    You guys have asked us to stop closing threads, so can we stop with the IBTL posts? We will be banning offenders/trolls, not closing threads.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    I read the article as making the statement that the terrorism hype is overinflated and has gotten dramatically out of hand.

But if everyone wants to read it as being anti-LEO, I guess everyone has their own perspective - the title was catchy enough to produce knee jerks I have noticed.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I apologize to the mods if pee is considered offensive.

I read the article as making the statement that the terrorism hype is overinflated and has gotten dramatically out of hand.

But if everyone wants to read it as being anti-LEO, I guess everyone has their own perspective - the title was catchy enough to produce knee jerks I have noticed.

But obviously with that title and some members' long history of LEO bashing, there is a feeling of "here we go again".

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg

If that was the purpose, and I think it was, I would think it was supposed to be comforting to think, "Man, we are fine. It's more likely we would be killed by a police officer than a terrorist. Let's go to the mall and spend some money."

Top Bottom