• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    As I was repairing a large network printer today and a lady walks in...

Her: I just sent a report to this printer! Where is it?!

Me: I'm sorry, but the printer is being serviced.

Her: Oh no! I've been working on that report all day! I can't lose that report!!

Me: It's OK, the report should be on your computer.

Her: Oh! OK, thanks!

(Lady walks out...and a few minutes later returns.)

Her: I looked on my computer and I didn't see it but my computer is under my desk, could it have fallen behind it?

Me: Um, no. I meant it should still be IN your computer.

Her: Well where does it come out? I really need that report!!

Me: I'll be done in about 5 minutes. Why don't you just wait a bit and then try printing it again.

Her: OK, I'll try that.

Me: (still laughing)

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Computers have been in virtually every home for almost 30 years. They're on almost every business desk in the world. There is absolutely 100% no excuse on this Earth for anyone to be that freaking ignorant.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Computers have been in virtually every home for almost 30 years. They're on almost every business desk in the world. There is absolutely 100% no excuse on this Earth for anyone to be that freaking ignorant.

I've got 2 words for ya...government workers.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch

Relax.

some people just like to cross the t, and couldn't care less how the t got there in the first place

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    I've had the same phone for 3 years... Still finding new features. I do understand the concept of a printer though.:laugh:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Relax.

some people just like to cross the t, and couldn't care less how the t got there in the first place

The problem is that I'm the one they call when they can't be bothered to learn how to use the tool that's a major part of their job. And I deal with LOTS and LOTS of people like that. Frankly, I'm embarrassed for them. People like that are one of the reasons why this country is a laughingstock. I bet you they could name every winner of American Idol, though.

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    I was a tech for several years and the OP's convo brought back memories. It's pretty hard to not blatantly laugh in the face of ignorance.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    This isn't new. It just has a different venue to manifest itself. Back before printers, when my mom was working, a PhD came to her with a vexing problem. He couldn't get the role of tape into the dispenser. He was trying to put 3/4" wide tape in a 1/2" dispenser. And don't even get me started on the inability to operate a basic thermostat. About 50% of my tenants don't understand how to heat or cool on when the season changes.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    During my 27 years of experience dealing with all kinds of customers, I've gotten pretty good at knowing when not to say what I'm thinking. This was a tough one.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    So... did you finish fixing the printer? Because I was wanting to print this whole thread to show my wife. :)

Top Bottom