• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NWI40cal

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Hammond
    Hey scutter, did you get your suresights yet?

This is why I carry 6 XDs! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!1!

On a serious note, I carry 1... or maybe 2, who knows?
    Be wary of the person with one gun, they probably know how to use it well.

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    The whole bias thing is because it's hosted by S/A. Never mind that S/A did not sponsor the test, but because they are savvy enough to keep it hosted some pinheads think that the test is no good. The test was originally done by Handgun magazine (or was it Handgunner?) at any rate... they are not an XD only publication and they take plenty of money from Glock too. This test is just as valid as if the same publication performed the same test on a Glock. :rolleyes:
    :cheers:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Subheading:

"A wannabe Glock."

That says it all right there! Story over! :D

I think torture tests are fun, no matter what gun is being tortured.

I keep telling you XD guys, we have MORE in common than each of us do with the 1911 guys. (ok, so you have the whole 'grip angle' thing, but that's about it)

Skoty

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    XD will be my next purchase after a Mark iii. So hopefully by mid-summer. And no, this didn't make the decision for me, XD was my original choice, but I couldn't pass up the deal I received on my SR9.

G McBride

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    Centerville
    I think the XD is a great choice for someone that wants a composite gun that looks good, shoots well, and doesn't blow up in your hand or shoot you in the foot when you are the only one capable of handling the gun.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    .... and the XD's aren't ugly!!!!

Have you not seen the subcompact?? The slide is so tall and out-of-proportion that it looks like it wants to tip over all the time.

Now the full size. . . (especially the XDm) is another story. . .

And to get back on topic. . . . I wonder when INGO will have their own "torture test" conducted by a willing member?

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Subheading:

That says it all right there! Story over! :D

I think torture tests are fun, no matter what gun is being tortured.
    snip)

You got that right! I wish I could find the one a guy did on a Hi-Point 9mm. He's all into high dollar comp guns, and thought it would be funny to rag on a Hi-Point. Even buried it in his cat's litter box for a while.

Much to everyone's suprise, he didn't get to rag on the cheapo gun. It actually just kept working and working. But the pics of him digging it out of the litter box and firing it, rubber gloves and all, were certainly... interesting. :D

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    Looks and sounds like an awesome gun. I won't have one, however. With the economy the way it is, I'll only purchase firearms made in the USA. I have no idea why they could not have designed and built this gun here. I'm disapointed that a classic name, such as Springfield Armory would make a gun anywhere but here.

I'd buy one in a second, if it weren't for this issue. Still, an impressive piece of machinery.

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    You got that right! I wish I could find the one a guy did on a Hi-Point 9mm. He's all into high dollar comp guns, and thought it would be funny to rag on a Hi-Point. Even buried it in his cat's litter box for a while.

Much to everyone's suprise, he didn't get to rag on the cheapo gun. It actually just kept working and working. But the pics of him digging it out of the litter box and firing it, rubber gloves and all, were certainly... interesting. :D

Yep. Seen it!!!! Love to confound the gun snobs!!!! :rockwoot: :D :patriot:
    :cheers:

KDUBCR250

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Martinsville
    Have you not seen the subcompact?? The slide is so tall and out-of-proportion that it looks like it wants to tip over all the time.

Now the full size. . . (especially the XDm) is another story. . .

And to get back on topic. . . . I wonder when INGO will have their own "torture test" conducted by a willing member?
    Heck both are ugly (Glocks and XD) but it isnt a beauty contest :D You supply the ammo and Ill torture the **** of of my XD and my Glock to see with one fails first ! To be honest I just love to get those Glock guys all worked up . If it wasnt for the fact that the XD is as good (if not better) than a Glock the wouldnt even give a crap about replying to a XD post :chillout:

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    The new XDm leaves Glock in the dust. It's better looking, it has better factory sights, it has better safety features, you can disassemble it without dry firing it, you can adjust the ergonomics, and it's just as reliable as the Glock.

What's not to like?

I'm a 20+ year Glock fan, but the new XDm is the first polymer striker fired pistol that really challenges the Glock on its own turf... and in my opinon... wins.

Glock will remain the sales king though. They have way to much of the LEO market to be unseated by the Croatian upstart. But that doesn't mean the Croats didn't build a better mousetrap. I think they did.

Feast your eyes on this beauty.

XDm_9_GA.jpg

Top Bottom