• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JByer323

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    I keep telling you XD guys, we have MORE in common than each of us do with the 1911 guys. (ok, so you have the whole 'grip angle' thing, but that's about it)

Lots of things in common, in my eyes. Like you're both inferior to the 1911. You guys should all get together and hang out in the Not-Cool-Kids Club, where you can spend all day telling each other how awesome you are. :D:D:D

Last edited:

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    What about the S+W M+P, seems like they took the XD and tryed to make a M+P out of it and came up with the XD-M, does it have any advantages? I am not in love with any one gun, It just so happens that the M+P fits my hand well and I feel good shotting it, resulting in me shooting better...

What all does the XD-M have over the XD?

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    ATM, that's the same sound that's to be made when someone says the word "Bacon", right?

I'd have to shoot comparable models, G22 vs 4" XD40 for example, to really gauge which shoots better for me. The Glocks always fit my hand well, and was the sole reason why I bought a G23 as my first pistol. I know guys who bought S&W xx06 models in 9, .40 and .45 because they felt the Smith felt best. All in all, I'd compare it to the F-150/Silverado/Ram argument. You're gonna find people to beat the hell out of their model and say it's best, you're gonna find people who won't buy Model XYZ simply because of its manufacturer. Right now, the kicker is the lack of used XDs in any caliber floating around. You can't swing a stick without hitting a used Glock, and why pay new prices.:dunno:

Bottom line is having one, regardless of its flavor, is a :+1: over not owning.

Griffeycom

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    The whole bias thing is because it's hosted by S/A. Never mind that S/A did not sponsor the test, but because they are savvy enough to keep it hosted some pinheads think that the test is no good. The test was originally done by Handgun magazine (or was it Handgunner?) at any rate... they are not an XD only publication and they take plenty of money from Glock too. This test is just as valid as if the same publication performed the same test on a Glock. :rolleyes:
    :cheers:

I hope by hosted you do not mean web hosted by S/A. Springfield-armory.com is not primediaoutdoors.com!

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    Right now, the kicker is the lack of used XDs in any caliber floating around. You can't swing a stick without hitting a used Glock, and why pay new prices.:dunno:

So XD owners must like them better than Glock owners like Glocks.
    XD Owners want to keep the ones they have and buy more.
    Glock owners put them back up for sale.
    I think that tells the story right there. :D

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    So XD owners must like them better than Glock owners like Glocks.
    XD Owners want to keep the ones they have and buy more.
    Glock owners put them back up for sale.
    I think that tells the story right there. :D

Oooh, that hurts!

Ok, yesterday I went in to visit Bob and the boys at PSS. Watched probably 7 people buy new guns, including a couple ladies. I messed around with a 4" .45, but the grip just didn't feel right. To be fair, I'm not a fan of 3rd Gen Glocks either, but the XD grip seemed too big for my hand. On the other hand, it's a damn nice looking piece of hardware, particularly the stainless slide versions.

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    Oooh, that hurts!

Ok, yesterday I went in to visit Bob and the boys at PSS. Watched probably 7 people buy new guns, including a couple ladies. I messed around with a 4" .45, but the grip just didn't feel right. To be fair, I'm not a fan of 3rd Gen Glocks either, but the XD grip seemed too big for my hand. On the other hand, it's a damn nice looking piece of hardware, particularly the stainless slide versions.

I have a 4" .45 with the compact grip. I don't use the 13 round mag because with the 10 round mag the gun fits me perfectly.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    What about the S+W M+P, seems like they took the XD and tryed to make a M+P out of it and came up with the XD-M, does it have any advantages? I am not in love with any one gun, It just so happens that the M+P fits my hand well and I feel good shotting it, resulting in me shooting better...

What all does the XD-M have over the XD?

well I will tell you I LOVE the scallops on the slide of the M&P they just grip better than anything else, good thing is my wife thinks so also which is why it will be her new gun.:yesway:(but I really hate the sear disc. lever:xmad:)

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jstan
    Top Bottom