• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Well, the Xbox One was announced today and I'm extremely disappointed with it. I have no intention of buying one. I like our current 360. The HUGE deal is that it won't be able to play the 360 games. I can't believe they didn't make it backwards compatible. The One is no longer a game console. It's more of an entire entertainment system. I want it to play games. If it plays movies, I'm ok with that but I don't need or want this entire entertainment system in the One.

Of course, there may be some additional changes when E3 rolls around but as it stands right now, I don't want it. If I need to upgrade at some point, it may be the PS4 but that should be its own thread.

While watching the announcement earlier today I did see the Call of Duty: Ghosts and it did look pretty sweet! Some of you might enjoy the NFL features that will be offered. Those of you who play Fantasy Football will enjoy the live updates with your picks.

This really ticks me off too:
    So unless you want to use your account for your entire family, you'll be dishing out an extra $40, $50, $60 for siblings or friends to try out new games. Harrison did tell Kotaku that his company plans to allow gamers to 'trade' their used games online somehow - though declined to get into further details.

Scutter and I have an account together but when I know he'll want to play the game too, I use my own account so the stats don't affect our online account. Not being able to buy and sell used games should be a deal breaker for everyone. The games are already $60 for new games. After it's been out for a month or so, I'll buy it used unless it's just something I have to have right when it comes out.

Not sure of the purpose of a DVD now either. All games are supposedly going to be installed directly on the HDD. You should just be able to download them now and save money but you know that certainly won't happen.

Here's a video of the announcement I watched today
    IGN Live Presents: The Next Xbox Reveal - IGN Live - IGN Video

Here are some articles about the announcement.
    Xbox One Announced - IGN
    http://mashable.com/2013/05/21/xbox-one-apple-tv/

PS4 and Xbox One comparisons
    PS4 vs. Xbox One Comparison Chart - Xbox One Wiki Guide - IGN

List of Features
    • Blu-ray drive
    • HDMI in/outputs
    • Two USB ports on the back
    • Ethernet port
    • Kinect sensor port
    • S/PDIF connector
    • Mystery port next to the Ethernet port

HVxGDvV.jpg

WZxgKcp.jpg

ApxOwUn.jpg

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Hmmm...I'm a bit confused now. As it stands on the 360 I can buy a game and everyone in my household who has an account on the Xbox can play the game. No additional charges. This sort of reads like I'll have to pay extra for everyone to be allowed to play the game. If that's the case M$ can suck it.

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    As of right now, that is supposedly the case. That's one of those things I wonder if they'll change before the E3 event.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I use my xbox for avi movies and once a month or so I hand out Madden ass-whoopings, so I doubt I'll be an early adopter for this.

Once the price goes down and they work out all of the kinks, I'll think about it.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Hell, we just got a 360 this year. I cannot see a need to upgrade to this. the 360 is still a very good system for what it does...PLAY GAMES. I have a DVD player and a smart TV so I really don't NEED anything else.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    You did see the part about streaming TV and being able to skype at the same time, or about having another program running while in matchmaking searching for games?

This console is basically a high end PC, but better.

I could do without the kinect BS as I play on a monitor and use a surround headset, but I am pretty excited about it all.

Also, you are confusing the user ID with the xbox ID. They will charge for "used" games per console, not gamertag. Might want to verify though ;)

LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville
    Hell, we just got a 360 this year. I cannot see a need to upgrade to this. the 360 is still a very good system for what it does...PLAY GAMES. I have a DVD player and a smart TV so I really don't NEED anything else.

My TV is smart enough that it allows me to connect a PC to it. That's as smart as I need it to be. YMMV

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake

If you have a new TV (1080p 120+hz) and don't have a blu ray player then you are doing your eyes a disservice.

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'm in on this thing. Can't wait. Did they announce a release date?

Yeah, me too.

They did not list a release date, but it is rumored to coincide with the COD: Ghosts release.

The release of COD: Ghosts has been revealed to be 11/5/13.

These are rumors, and "Confirmed" rumors.

Internet, and all that.

I'm buying one, whatever the release date.

-Paul

Mango

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I'm waiting. Both Sony and MS have fired their opening bids for the public's holiday money. I believe a lot of the more ambiguous stuff (fees for used games, always on, etc) aren't set in stone and this is a giant focus test.

E3 could be an epic pissing match that will be fun to watch. The specs won't change, the OS won't change, everything else is on the table between now and launch in 5-6 months.

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    I only play games on my Droid Razr HD now. I use to be in the "pc is for gaming" camp. Half Life series, day of defeat, counter strike, team fortress, Silkroad, Warcraft III ( didn't get into WoW ), Diablo I II and II, COD, Oblivion, and many other games. Family even had a sever lugged over to a data center so that we could host games on Steam like Counter Strike and Day of Defeat. Even had a COD server. Then I got sick and tired of buying new components or having to entirely rebuild a computer because the games coming out have better and better graphics.

While the PS3 has great graphics and I don't have to upgrade it to play new games. The other thing I liked for a change was the fact that the PS3 multiplayer games don't give you the ability to type to other players in the game (you can always PM them though ). Keeps the annoying people to themselves.

Last PC game I tried out was TorchLight II.

I never gave the 360 a thought since you have to buy 4 of them so you can have backups for when, NOT IF the other one goes bad.

Top Bottom