• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Turn Key

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I read the below quote by Peter where he has mentioned a new Indiana shooting range names Wyatt's. Is this the Police range I've heard about being built in the Cicero, IN area?

Any feedback will be appreciated.

TK :patriot:

Only 4 lanes working today.

I got there 20 minutes before opening today because I had some new stuff i wanted to function test. I was number 4 in line and by opening there must have been eight behind me.

The only thing that stops me from becoming a member is the poor ventilation. Whenever I leave I blow soot out my nose for the next couple hours. That soot contains some lead. I go just enough in bad weather to satisfy my cravings until it's nice enough to shoot outside again.

Hopefully Wyatt's will be open soon. It's supposed to be state of the art ventilation. Maybe he'll do a better job of keeping all his lanes working.

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    Opening the end of the month or early March

I read the below quote by Peter where he has mentioned a new Indiana shooting range names Wyatt's. Is this the Police range I've heard about being built in the Cicero, IN area? Any feedback will be appreciated. TK :patriot:

I just got off the phone with Wyatts and Zac told me they are shooting for the end of the month for the range depending on the weather. Said rate will be $20 an hour, yearly membership is $200 that lowers the per hour charge to $15 plus a discount on ammo. I asked about day or senior memberships and they have not gotten that far yet. Pops is $150 for a weekday membership and no charge per hour which is a great deal, think I will stay with Pops unless Wyatts comes up with a lower cost option. They are not a police range, they are a public range from what I understand that is connected with their gun store.

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I'm sure we have discussed this before but I still can't understand HOW they can sell a membership and yet still charge hourly. It is completely NOT worth it if you can shoot somewhere else.

At $15 and you shoot 1 hour you would have to go 40 times to come out ahead. So just keep that in mind. I don't know what the discount on ammo will be though. He also had mentioned that if you purchase a gun over a certain amount, the membership is free. I believe the gun price will be $200 but not for sure. Make sure you check out Wyatt's thread.

Last edited:

cox7215

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Kokomo, IN
    WOW, thats high!!! When I was home last time I made it to the Tipton show and talked to them at the Wyatt both, they told me you can only shoot up to .45, its a pistol range only.... Hell I will stay in Kokomo at Bullseye indoor range, its only 8$ and hour and you can shoot up to .223....... R

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Personally, the whole thing is a little surreal. Tests, membership fees, hourly fees...

Maybe it's their way of having a private club without actually trying to establish a private club? I mean, if you go to the city council and say, "I want a private shooting range within the city limits" the city council says, "Nope, sorry!" However, if you tell them, "I want a public shooting range, which the police can use too..." and then make the membership criteria so unpalatable for your non-regular customers...you end up with a de facto private range! All with the benefit of higher than average margin memberships from those desperate enough to join. Just a theory. :)

Even if gas goes back up to $4 a gallon, it's cheaper for me to drive to Elwood three times a week and that's despite living so close to Wyatts I could literally walk there without breaking a sweat.

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    WOW, thats high!!! When I was home last time I made it to the Tipton show and talked to them at the Wyatt both, they told me you can only shoot up to .45, its a pistol range only.... Hell I will stay in Kokomo at Bullseye indoor range, its only 8$ and hour and you can shoot up to .223....... R

It's now $12.00 an hour but still worth the 30/40 minute drive.

blainepoe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 25, 2008
    Hamiltonian
    I've shot at the Kokomo range a few times as I head up to Peru occasionally. The guys have all been friendly in there and the range is ok - the price is reasonable.

Pop's has a nicer range, but the guys in there are a**holes unless you're a cop and it's a bit more expensive.

Wyatt's has always been nice to me, but $20/hr!? I'm like 10min from that place, and can't see spending that!

Probably just join the local club and shoot outside (rifle and handgun).

~Poe

prettypistol

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Wyatt's Sporting Goods - state of the art indoor range

The new store is open, the range is in progress. The footers and rest of the building need to be completed- the goal is still for this spring.

The range is not a police range it is in fact open to the public providing you are a capable shooter. If not no problem you can take a class from myself or one of the other range officers in safety and basics and then be able to use the range.

Law enforcement do as always get a discount though.

For more details please call 317-984-ARMS (2767) and ask for Zach or Miles

So come shoot with us this spring!

prettypistol

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    unfortunately I know nothing of the rates. However we are not looking to have a private range. Just a safe one. I'm sorry I would rather know that the person next to me was capable of hitting the target (after all isn't gun control hitting what you aim at?).

Further more, the main reason for delays in construction was the towns need for new drainage and things of that nature under the range and parking lot. When weather permits the big concrete things sitting where the old store was will be installed and the range will be finished. Eventually the parking lot will be paved too :P

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    The new store is open, the range is in progress. The footers and rest of the building need to be completed- the goal is still for this spring.

The range is not a police range it is in fact open to the public providing you are a capable shooter. If not no problem you can take a class from myself or one of the other range officers in safety and basics and then be able to use the range.

Law enforcement do as always get a discount though.

For more details please call 317-984-ARMS (2767) and ask for Zach or Miles

So come shoot with us this spring!

How and who will determine if someone is a capable shooter? What will be the requirements to be able to use the range?
    Also welcome to INGO.

prettypistol

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    basically if you can hit the target... that's all

the goal is to get people who have never shot before the guidance they need not to keep people from shooting

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    Rates need to be reviewed

unfortunately I know nothing of the rates. :P

I was told that the membership fee will be $200 a year and that just reduces your hourly rate to $15. I belong to Popgun and have a day membership which works good for me being retired. That was $130 last year and there is no additional cost to shoot during weekdays up to 5:30pm.

I was hoping for something like that at Wyatt's but it doesn't look like it is happening so I joined Fall Creek Valley Conservation Club this past week. I know it will not be as fancy but I can shoot without having to break the bank doing so. I wish you folks well but unfortunately you will not be getting any of my money.

I am sure Wyatt's will have a beautiful facility but you can't make money with ranges sitting empty and reasonable daytime memberships would help pay the light bill. I think you are missing the boat on this one. :twocents:

cue7467

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Westfield Indiana
    My Mom is president of the Hamilton County Fish and Game I know they offer a membership and have a 200 yard range (range officer must be present for that distance I believe)

Top Bottom