• Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    I got my figures from Zach

there wont be hourly rate if buying membership.....................

I talked to Zach on the phone several weeks ago and he is the one that told me yearly memberships were to be $200 and all that did was drop your hourly lane rental from $20 to $15.

Lets see, Popgun charges $149 for a day membership and nothing for the lane rental within the allowed hours weekdays. If I went twice a month or 24 times it would cost me a total of $149 and I get a free target each time I go.

Wyatt's charges $200 plus $15 everytime you go so if I also go 24 times that is $360 plus the $200 for a total of $560 for the year or $411 per year more than Pops. Now lets compare apples to apples with no time and day restrictions for either range.

If I want to go all 24 times during the un-included hours (after 5pm weekedays and weekends) that is an additional $6 an hour or $144 in addition to the $149 for a total of $293 for the year; still a savings of $267 for the year compared to Wyatts rates. That is a big difference for the average person. I am sure Wyatt's facilities will be really nice but an extra $267 nice? The more you go in a year the bigger the spread as you continue to spend an additional $9 every time you go; $15 if you go day hours at Pops. Adds up fast.

I sure hope they reconsider their memberships and get in line with the other ranges. :twocents:

Last edited:

JByer323

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    I live in Noblesville. When I want to go shoot I drive 10 minutes to HCFG, and shoot whatever I want for no cost.

For the price of some of these indoor ranges, I can get memberships at HCFG and MCFG for around the same price. Little bit of cold hasn't kept me from shooting before.

prettypistol

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    The 200 dollar membership is awarded to anyone who spends 200 or more on a gun (I mean seriously are you going into a candy store and passing up candy?). If you do not buy a gun then yes you can pay for the membership. Most of our customers will earn this and have already earned their membership this year.

The fact that you all seem less than eager to use this facility is null. The clientele already attracted to WSG are willing to pay and are very eager to use the new facility.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    The fact that you all seem less than eager to use this facility is null. The clientele already attracted to WSG are willing to pay and are very eager to use the new facility.

Well, sounds like they have plenty of customers and don't need any more, then.

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    Glad to hear you will have a full house when you open

The 200 dollar membership is awarded to anyone who spends 200 or more on a gun (I mean seriously are you going into a candy store and passing up candy?). If you do not buy a gun then yes you can pay for the membership. Most of our customers will earn this and have already earned their membership this year.

First of all not everyone wanting to shoot at your range will need to buy a gun. Secondly most of us were looking forward to shooting at your new range but those that shoot more than once a month would like the opportunity to do so without spending an arm and a leg. I would guess you will have a lot of open range time during the day once the novelty wears off and could offer something similar to Popgun to get people into your store. Sounds to me like you are not that keen on new business right now. Thanks for the clearification.

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County

JMO, there may well be quite a few people that are interested in using the range and would like to find out how it's going to be run, cost, requirements, etc. That was the point in my post earlier. But with this post, you may very well have allienated potential clientele. From owning my own business, I learned a long time ago who pays my bills.

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    Poor choice of words?

[quote prettypistol;266701]

The fact that you all seem less than eager to use this facility is null. The clientele already attracted to WSG are willing to pay and are very eager to use the new facility.[/quote]

null –ajective
    1.without value, effect, consequence, or significance.
    2.being or amounting to nothing; nil; lacking; nonexistent.

cox7215

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Kokomo, IN
    well im not going, thats just WAY to high!!! I will stick to bullseye in Kokomo......B Plus I cant shoot my AR, I was told its only a pistol range......

rmcrob

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2008
    Plainfield
    [quote prettypistol;266701]
    Poor choice of words?
    Probably meant "moot", which isn't any better. Obviously, they have enough customers and don't need the unwashed masses.

Personally, I've been seriously thinking about opening up an indoor range on the west side.

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    Probably meant "moot", which isn't any better. Obviously, they have enough customers and don't need the unwashed masses.

Personally, I've been seriously thinking about opening up an indoor range on the west side.

I think a clean well run indoor range with good membership plans that would keep the lanes busy most of the time would do good. Perhaps Wyatt's can give you their rejects to get you started? :D

JByer323

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    I was. Should I not be? What's your take?

I'm not Fenway, but I'll tell you my take. It seems to me that the running of a good, quality range isn't really that tough of a formula. I think Indy could and would support a nice indoor range, but I've never been to one around here that I didn't have some pretty major issues with.

blainepoe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 25, 2008
    Hamiltonian

WOW. Now I really want to go:rolleyes:. How many lanes is this range? How much money did it cost to build? Good luck filling it and paying for it with that attitude.
    ~Poe

cox7215

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Kokomo, IN
    If I could shoot 556 or 762, I would go and shoot at it..... Kokomo the max is 556, thats not bad really, plus its indoors..........

rmcrob

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2008
    Plainfield
    I have been thinking about it for a few months and discussing it with my family. I haven't gotten serious enough to talk to anyone about insurance and costs, much less real estate. At this point it is an idea only.

However, if I did it, I would do it right. Popguns is pukey. Don's is despicable. Those are the only two Indy indoor ranges I have seen.

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    Check out one that was done right

I have been thinking about it for a few months and discussing it with my family. I haven't gotten serious enough to talk to anyone about insurance and costs, much less real estate. At this point it is an idea only.

However, if I did it, I would do it right. Popguns is pukey. Don's is despicable. Those are the only two Indy indoor ranges I have seen.

Midstate in Elkhart is a really first class operation. Check these guys out to see how it looks doing it right. Note what they charge for lane time. I was a member when it was called Shooters in the Mid 90's and it was nice back then. Here is their web site.
    http://www.midwestgunandrange.com/Range.htm

Top Bottom