• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mwmccormick

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 30, 2009
    Seymour
    I just wanted to thank the individuals who suggested I show up and compete for the first time. Although obviously I wasn't any competition for anyone I had fun and would like to participate again. I walked away yesterday with a feeling of "I sucked bad", but I can't imagine how else to get better except to show up and compete because at most ranges you can only just point and shoot at one target. Anyway thanks again for making me feel welcome and I hope to show up at more events before the season is totally over this year.

mongo404

Master
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Frankfort
    Man!! Looks like I missed a good one.
    Your not kidding This was a great match. Coach is really going to have to pull out all the good stuff for the next one if he's going to top it. Man I cant remember the last time I had that much fun.
    Thanks Guys for a great job

BillD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Greenwood
    Interesting things going on in Limited. Kyle gets better every match, now that he has settled down just a little. :D

Watching Kyle and Derrick run through some stages.....it's not just age. On my best day, I could never move that fast.

Open was interesting also. Whoda thunk it?
    I thought my miss and no shoot were going to cost me dearly. It helps when several others have a miss on the same stage.

Another GREAT match by Coach and Co. The stages were fun to shoot and it seems they always are at Riley.
    Thanks for all your hard work.

I think I'm going to slow down as the season peters out. I may even skip next weekend.:eek:
    Of course, I've been threatened with bodily harm if I don't shoot the 3 gun at Wildcat.

At least it's getting cool enough I can close the garage door and do some dryfiring. I have to close the door, the targets are on it.;)

Nice shooting with you all again:yesway:

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    I just wanted to thank the individuals who suggested I show up and compete for the first time. Although obviously I wasn't any competition for anyone I had fun and would like to participate again. I walked away yesterday with a feeling of "I sucked bad", but I can't imagine how else to get better except to show up and compete because at most ranges you can only just point and shoot at one target. Anyway thanks again for making me feel welcome and I hope to show up at more events before the season is totally over this year.

I do the same thing at every match I shoot:D
    I hope to meet you in March, my first match back in the land of the free.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.

heh, we all started out that way.

Keep coming and you will be AMAZED how fast you progress after just a year.

kch

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Kyle Huening has my vote for most improved for the state in 2010. Beating him has become a full time job. I am starting to understand why so many old people are grumpy. :)

Interesting things going on in Limited. Kyle gets better every match, now that he has settled down just a little. :D

Watching Kyle and Derrick run through some stages.....it's not just age. On my best day, I could never move that fast.

:yesway:

wow, thanks for the praise? yall. im just waiting for that treacherous 'plateau' to arrive. :dunno: i also dont think progression would go so smooth without having guys like you to watch who also dont mind answering questions.

Great match yesterday though. it was another sunday funday. good job coach, bout time you had a solid match.

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton

You did fine. Work on the grip and perform lots of dry fire drills (That is what they tell me, can't say that I always follow it). Take any training you can. ACT always provides great information and drills to improve your skills. I was that last place guy for much of the year last year. Now I am usually in the middle of the pack (unless it is single stack, then you will still find me at the bottom).

The Grip is the easiest, yet hardest thing to master. To this day, I still slide down and "tea cup" it every once in a great while. At the next match watch how the good shooters hold the gun.

Once you catch the shooting sports bug, it is an addiction. The months between November and March are rough on us all.

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton

Open was interesting also. Whoda thunk it?
    I thought my miss and no shoot were going to cost me dearly. It helps when several others have a miss on the same stage.

Another GREAT match by Coach and Co. The stages were fun to shoot and it seems they always are at Riley.
    Thanks for all your hard work.

I think I'm going to slow down as the season peters out. I may even skip next weekend.:eek:
    Of course, I've been threatened with bodily harm if I don't shoot the 3 gun at Wildcat.

At least it's getting cool enough I can close the garage door and do some dryfiring. I have to close the door, the targets are on it.;)

Nice shooting with you all again:yesway:

I had 4, I was out of contention after stage one...:) Luckily I recovered enough to be respectable.

Those boys are fast. It could be a Kyle and Derrick show for several years. It has been fun to watch both of them progress this year. I was hoping my progression would be a little quicker. Oh well, it was the first full season and I had an absolute blast, pun intended. I think next week will be my last match. I have to go into hardcore saving mode. Riverman won't want to pay my way to everything in Ireland. Of course, I say that now, but I'm calculating on how I can swing SC in November. I unfortunately will miss Riley end of year event. I will be across the pond by then.

Hopefully we will have a great turnout for Atlanta for one last shindig

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    3rd on one stage and 4th on another, considering I am still shooting minor PF, I can live with it.

Great match as usual Coach.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    wow, thanks for the praise? yall. im just waiting for that treacherous 'plateau' to arrive. :dunno: i also dont think progression would go so smooth without having guys like you to watch who also dont mind answering questions.

Great match yesterday though. it was another sunday funday. good job coach, bout time you had a solid match.

I meant it as praise for sure.

Don't look for a plateau. You have plenty of things going for you and you should keep pushing. Keep learning and keep improving. I think along those lines the most important thing is to set some high goals and down deep believe that you can achieve them. If you think you can do it you are usually right.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville

Everyone had to start somewhere. You can get better if you want to do so. It won't happen magically, but it can happen. Congratulations for having the guts to come out ang get it a try. Many people out there are too intimidated to even try. It was a good first weekend. Be safe, have fun and then get better. Don't compromise one for the other.

Production will require five mags for the 32 round courses of fire usually.

slow1911s

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    3rd on one stage and 4th on another, considering I am still shooting minor PF, I can live with it.

Great match as usual Coach.

I have a bone to pick with you, sir.

On three of the six stages, I shoot 20+ points more than you (as high as 32 pts better), and on the other three, I'm no worse than 2 pts better. But, you beat me on 3 of the 6 stages because of time, and you finish higher then me in the overall in Limited. This world ain't right - IT'S NOT!!!

If you ever learn to aim, you will be an animal in this sport.

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    I have a bone to pick with you, sir.

On three of the six stages, I shoot 20+ points more than you (as high as 32 pts better), and on the other three, I'm no worse than 2 pts better. But, you beat me on 3 of the 6 stages because of time, and you finish higher then me in the overall in Limited. This world ain't right - IT'S NOT!!!

If you ever learn to aim, you will be an animal in this sport.

Well, if you would just speed up a bit and only use your sights when you really need to, you too can be as awesome as I am. lol

I think your mad at being beat by a 325lb man shooting minor PF. :laugh:

All kidding aside, you are 100% right on the sight issue. Once I get my new top end for my Glock and do some load development, sight picture and transitions are my biggest priorites.

Also, Dave, if you would shoot more than 2 matches a year, and, you know, practice, you will be right back to kicking my but. Don't be a stranger knucklehead.:)

slow1911s

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Well, if you would just speed up a bit and only use your sights when you really need to, you too can be as awesome as I am. lol

That's on my to-do list.

I think your mad at being beat by a 325lb man shooting minor PF,and shoots sloppy. :laugh:
    I did just a smidge of editing. :D

All kidding aside, you are 100% right on the sight issue. Once I get my new top end for my Glock and do some load development, sight picture and transitions are my biggest priorites.
    That should be interesting.

Also, Dave, if you would shoot more than 2 matches a year, and, you know, practice, you will be right back to kicking my but. Don't be a stranger knucklehead.:)
    Yeah. I should be grateful that I still know what end the bullets come out of.

Last edited:

EatMeerkats

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2008
    Kyle Huening has my vote for most improved for the state in 2010. Beating him has become a full time job. I am starting to understand why so many old people are grumpy. :)
    My vote is for Byron… he's come out of nowhere in the past couple of months to become a serious Production contender. :)

Top Bottom