• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AJBB87

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 6, 2009
    Here
    "Own the school year like a hero"... I don't think anyone has ever considered an active school shooter a hero, so Walmart must be encouraging responsible sheepdog students...consider the following:

Active shooter in some local school. A kid, who can hunt and handle a firearm [purchased from Walmart] runs out to his pickup to retrieve his new .308 bolt action. Kid goes back into his school and dispatches the active shooter with said bolt action before a tiny group of LEO's can form up, go in, and respond to the sound of gunfire.

Hero....School year owned...

Wait...no guns on school property

Forget it...

Awful sign Walmart!!! Shame on you!

Every Walmart customer should get a piece of the impending law suit!

Donnelly

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Cass County
    I want to know what kind of Walmart has displays like that, where you can actually see the guns close up. Local Walmart has them in a glass case behind a counter, area roped off with employees only sign. Rarely do I see anyone at the counter, so no easy way to tell exactly what model firearms they have or what the price is. When someone is at the counter, there is suddenly a swarm of customers around them asking questions.

Logansport Walmart still has the display set up with two carousel glass cases which rotate to allow you to inspect them. The gun counter is rarely manned though.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    It's time our kids were able to go hunting after school again...

HEY LEFTIES :stickpoke:

Yep, when I was in high school (Mt Ayr in northern Indiana) in the 1950's, there were more long guns in the vehicles around the school at the start of Squirrel and rabbit season then in many gun shops. Some of the teachers even let classes out a little early so they and the students could go hunting! It sure wasn't unusual for a student or teacher to be showing off their new rifle or shotgun in the school parking area.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I call shenanigans!

If it were for real, the sign would have been placed atop a case with ARs and AKs. You can't expect kids to properly own their school year with bolt action rimfire rifle.
    You can when the only response to them would be stern words!

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    so????.....i don't get what everyone is having a seizure about?:dunno:

This ^^

People get butthurt over anything.
    I wouldn't complain about the sign even if it was the official Walmart policy to have it placed there.
    It doesn't make much sense anyway.Even if it was placed over school their school supplies.

Wolf1661

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2017
    Indianapolis
    This image pissed me off!!!! I saw it on my timeline when I was drinking my coffee. I laughed so hard I sprayed it out my nose and all over my phone. I still lol when I see it

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana

That . . . after Walmart posted countless hundreds of Tweets on their Twitter feed responding to the "hate mail" they were getting that they had found the store and taken it down. They also stated, when one Tweet inquired about it, that it had been found at the Evansville store which was quickly proven false, by a Walmart employee at the Evansville store who posted a photo of their gun counter (I wonder if they fired him for embarrassing Walmart publicly). I don't know how to interpret that as anything other than Walmart, desperately trying to do damage control, outright lying to the public. The sign had me rolling my eyes at many of the brain-dead zombie-like Walmart employees inability or unwillingness to think about what they're doing . . . that result in gaffes like this. They just go through the motions. Then they outright lie about it and with the same level of ineptitude and incompetence that most would find such a gaffe like that sign credible, they cannot even lie about it without getting caught with their pants and their underwear down around their ankles.

Yet one more reminder why I have avoided Walmart like the plague for 30+ years.

John

Top Bottom