• ...and so much more!
  • BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Hi, all

I'm wanting to carry a Sig P239 IWB and I think this is a good time to try a Milt Sparks. Because the wait is 26 weeks, before I commit I thought I would see if anyone is carrying a P239, or something similar like a P225, in a Sparks. I'm considering a Summer Special, SS2 or a VersaMax in cowhide but would like any feedback on carrying a small but heavy firearm in a Sparks. Thanks

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Wanted to thank everybody who took a look (there have been 63 so far). I guess nobody is carrying anything similar to what I want to carry in a Sparks

If anybody stops back by, perhaps give your impressions of carrying a compact pistol IWB in a Sparks

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I have one for a fullsized 1911. Summer Comfort
    they are well built, will last longer than the Galcos that I have.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield

You want to go Versa Max 2 or Criterion IMHO as they are the best at minimizing the width of the firearm IWB. I do not use my summer special due to the clips being "on top" and adding extra inches to my waist line. The wait is worth it, ask for the Badger Paw Prints if you like dogs. I have multiple MS holsters sorry I did not see this earlier.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I have a Milt Sparks 60TK for a SIG226

I have a 55BN for a Glock 17 and 1911

I have a Roadrunner (yes, I am that old) for a 1911.

I am not a compact pistol guy, but do have a Glock 43X in a Bladetech. Milt Sparks makes fantastic gear.

J Galt

Expert
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Mar 21, 2020
    Indianapolis
    Years ago I had a Milt Sparks for a G19 and liked it a lot. IDK if that qualifies as small and heavy.

There are no negatives about it that come to mind. I changed over to Kydex because it is thinner.

STopaz1982

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 14, 2021
    Hendricks County
    I have a Milt Sparks 60TK for a SIG226

I have a 55BN for a Glock 17 and 1911

I have a Roadrunner (yes, I am that old) for a 1911.

I am not a compact pistol guy, but do have a Glock 43X in a Bladetech. Milt Sparks makes fantastic gear.
    How are the Bruce Nelson holsters for concealment? I have considered them for my commander size 1911's but so far have stuck with pancake style holsters. Are yours vertical or FBI cant?

BlueDrew2

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2021
    Hancock Co
    I have carried a full size 1911 on and off for the last 12 or so years in a summer special II so take it for what its worth as it fits the heavy bill, but not so small. I have been very happy with the quality and the holster in general. I think the smaller footprint of the SS may be a winning combo but that is just pure speculation. I am strongly considering grabbing a VM II, but haven't even had my hands on one so cannot really comment there.

senork

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    NW Indiana
    A Milt Sparks VM 2 works very well with Colt Commander. I have several IWB holsters, and it is my favorite. It is made very well and is very comfortable to wear. It would be worth considering providing the wait to get it isn’t too long.

Top Bottom