• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Yes, they are supremely fit and skilled athletes but instant replay is making complete fools of soccer players faking injuries. Apparently it is very painful to have somebody appear in your peripheral vision. I have to admit, though, their powers of recuperation are astounding. Writhing on the ground in agony complete with extreme-pain-faces and 30 seconds later back playing at 100%. The game is laughable.

drop45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    My empire of dirt
    You haters need to study and learn the game. There is a lot of action going on and in most cases the goals are just a bonus. They should red card players that fake injury, not just yellow card them, that is the part of soccer I really hate. I've seen plenty of baseball game end at 1 to zip also, talk about watching paint dry on the wall, jeez.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Yes, they are supremely fit and skilled athletes

They certainly look it.

fat-mats-magnusson.jpg

Won't someone think of the children!

Last edited:

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    You haters need to study and learn the game. There is a lot of action going on and in most cases the goals are just a bonus. They should red card players that fake injury, not just yellow card them, that is the part of soccer I really hate. I've seen plenty of baseball game end at 1 to zip also, talk about watching paint dry on the wall, jeez.

OK. I agree. The only game more boring than baseball is soccer. Study it? Seriously? Why would I study something that bores the **** out of me?

Thanks but no thanks.

You enjoy though. I'm happy for you to have an event that you find exciting.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

I'll agree with you there (about baseball).

Designer99

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Yes! Pepe getting the red card is great for us. He's a solid defender. Can't wait for the next match! I'm interested to see how the USA does against Germany and their hat trick star Meuller. We get a little better every World Cup. Watching makes want to play again!

Portugal playing a man down, so to speak, and coming off the worst beat down delivered by Germany since WW2, I like our chances against them on Sunday.

USA vs. Portugal | MLS MatchCenter <-- Dig the Current Form chart. We're coming off a 4 game win streak.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    I love soccer. I played competitively for about 20 years. I CANNOT STAND watching it--especially on TV-- unless it is the team I'm coaching (and only then because my son is on the team). That is all. Go USA!

Stickfight

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Dountoun ND
    More women beat their SOs during the World Cup than any other time.

I'll see you that statistic and raise you that during the NFL playoffs, more fat guys who can't climb a flight of steps without sweating, become visibly angry when I tell them I don't care what team wins what American football game, than at any other time of the year.

I love soccer. I played competitively for about 20 years. I CANNOT STAND watching it

I never played football competitively but I spent one season getting paid to race a bicycle, and I still enjoy watching the big races on television.

rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    It might make for an interesting poll question:

Would you rather...
    1) ...watch videos of boils being lanced?
    2) ... watch a soccer game?
    3) ...have an ingrown toenail removed?

I believe watching soccer would come in 3rd and not even bacon could save it.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    It might make for an interesting poll question:

Would you rather...
    1) ...watch videos of boils being lanced?
    2) ... watch a soccer game?
    3) ...have an ingrown toenail removed?

I believe watching soccer would come in 3rd and not even bacon could save it.

Not a fair comparison. #1 and #3 are over pretty quickly. Soccer goes on and on...

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Best part about the last WC:

[video=youtube;O7tlcTtbPEA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7tlcTtbPEA[/video]

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    It'd be more interesting if the field was about a third less wide and a third less long. Nobody would watch hockey if the rink was that big.

Top Bottom