• ...and so much more!
  • JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I will respectfully decline. There are plenty of COVID threads to discuss that. I won't be the one to turn this one into a complete cluster **** that the others tend to devolve into.
    I appreciate the response. (and your respectfulness) :yesway:

Rather than cause any other distraction to your predictament, I shall exit, stage left.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    Glad that’s over.

Honestly, I would ride it out until they terminated me. Unlikely right now because of the shortage of workers, but even if, find another job that appreciates your freedoms as a human being, they’re out there.

There's already a group chat apparently of employees who are planning to petition for the redress of grievances. Some are talking about a walk out. But there are several who are claiming that they WILL NOT participate in this new policy.

We will see if the company has the nuts to actually fire people over it. It goes into effect next Tuesday following Labor Day.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    Glad that’s over.

Honestly, I would ride it out until they terminated me. Unlikely right now because of the shortage of workers, but even if, find another job that appreciates your freedoms as a human being, they’re out there.
    Same. I've decided they'll have to put their money where their mouth is if they decide to go that route. Luckily they haven't even floated the idea yet.

OP, Is your wife not able to work remotely and bypass this whole ridiculousness?

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    Same. I've decided they'll have to put their money where their mouth is if they decide to go that route. Luckily they haven't even floated the idea yet.

OP, Is your wife not able to work remotely and bypass this whole ridiculousness?

She is one of the 5 employees who are cross department trained and are given a computer to work from home. The company only allows less than half of a work week to be performed at home though.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    There's already a group chat apparently of employees who are planning to petition for the redress of grievances. Some are talking about a walk out. But there are several who are claiming that they WILL NOT participate in this new policy.

We will see if the company has the nuts to actually fire people over it. It goes into effect next Tuesday following Labor Day.
    I don’t know how many people work there but if they have a lot they may already have a couple picked out they’re willing to fire... hoping the others fold and do as they’re told after. If the ones left don’t fold, I doubt they’d get fired. I’ve seen policies like that in companies before go into effect, a couple lower value employees get canned because they won’t comply, the others continue not complying, company stops enforcing the new policy. Not over vaccinations, we had it happen with attendance (lates lol).

My main thing is I’m not forcefully leaving work to go get tested and not being paid. If the company is making me use my time, they’re going to pay me for that time. If they wanna bring people in to test me, fine, little Orwellian but I can choose to stay or leave I guess. Otherwise, I’d put a resume together and get it out just in case.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    She is one of the 5 employees who are cross department trained and are given a computer to work from home. The company only allows less than half of a work week to be performed at home though.
    Sounds like she has a lot of training, makes her more difficult to replace especially when half the country don’t wanna work.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    If they can work remotely but the company refuses while insisting on all the covid ridiculousness, that might give an enterprising lawyer a sufficient opening, especially if employees were allowed to work remotely for an extended period at any time over the last year and a half. At that point it seems the goal of the policy is controlling personal decisions and behavior and less about keeping people "safe".

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    I keep hearing about all the medical staff that are "Anti-Vaxers",
    Niece is an RN, two of my wife's friends are RNs, one doctor hangs around the group,
    So I asked them, they don't know one single person in the medical staff at any of the facilities they work that wasn't in line for the vaccine...
    So I'm skeptical about the claims so many medical professionals are not getting vaccinated, sounds like anti-vaxer propaganda to me.

The company I sometimes work for has a bunch of anti-vaxers,
    Two dead, two on permanent disability, the chief maintained man went into ICU last week, his wife and both kids got it.

The owner (vaccinated, wife is an RN) felt like crap, wife got him tested and he was positive. About 3 days of flu symptoms (headache, cough) and clear in a week, no hospital.

If I catch it, I'm hoping for the same results, flu symptoms and clear.
    I have pre-existing conditions (missing 3/4 of lung and issues with that) so I REALLY don't want to die from a virus there is a free vaccine for...

I'm back to wearing my mask and keeping 100% IPA bottle close to hand simply because of the anti-vaxers I have to deal with almost daily...

I actually paid attention in 6th grade biology class, it's just not that big a deal.
    You know, if this anti-vaxer bunch would have been around in the 60s there would be a lot less of them today,
    Measles, mumps, rubella, polio, all those things that used to kill 50% of children before adulthood would have taken care of them.

If you are vaccinated, you obviously must have faith in it. SO if you have faith in the vaccine you are trying to force in others arms......why are you scared of Covid? Won't the vaccine protect you? And if not.......why you trying to get others to get a worthless shot that fails at an incredibly high rate?

I aint getting no vaccine. I dont travel, dont work for anyone and could care less who dislikes me...........so I would say I kind of have the leverage to do as I wish.

I personally have a theory where I think the people who got vaccinated is what is driving this Delta variant......you all ever hear of an antibiotic killing the good and bad bacteria? You think a vaccine rushed into production couldnt be doing the same? I know...science has to prove it, but it's my theory and I am stickin with it.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana

FWIW, I don't think you're all that far from me and my employer would just about murder to get people to handle customer service calls. A week or two ago they were offering $1000 recruitment bonuses for anyone that actually got someone past 90 days and I think $100 if someone even bothered to attend an interview. God only knows what they're paying with those perks to the people that get the bodies in the door, but I imagine it's pretty good.

If they're that upset about things, those folks should probably already be applying for new gigs. Applications and interviews don't have to mean anything, but its sure nice to have options.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    If you are vaccinated, you obviously must have faith in it. SO if you have faith in the vaccine you are trying to force in others arms......why are you scared of Covid? Won't the vaccine protect you? And if not.......why you trying to get others to get a worthless shot that fails at an incredibly high rate?

I aint getting no vaccine. I dont travel, dont work for anyone and could care less who dislikes me...........so I would say I kind of have the leverage to do as I wish.

I personally have a theory where I think the people who got vaccinated is what is driving this Delta variant......you all ever hear of an antibiotic killing the good and bad bacteria? You think a vaccine rushed into production couldnt be doing the same? I know...science has to prove it, but it's my theory and I am stickin with it.
    It’s as solid of a theory as theirs is.

Top Bottom