Woman Says Strip Search After DUI Arrest Went Too Far (video)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    It's one thing to strip search a drunk person when being put in jail, if there's reason to believe they have something harmful on them.

It's another thing to have 3 male officers remove a woman's clothes by force.

HenryWallace

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    Why is anything socialized? Policing, schooling, transportation, Fire, Medical now???
    What's scary to me is Unaccountability. Punishments are behind doors, if they're even administered.
    If there were a free market, and these things were privatized, then they'd be subject to actually doing a GOOD job.
    They'd probably cost a lot less as well.

Bet she didn't know when she was dancing around that the police have no sense of humor when it comes to them asserting their weighty adolescent power addictions.

jrogers

Why not pass the time with a game of solitaire?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    Why is anything socialized? Policing, schooling, transportation, Fire, Medical now???
    What's scary to me is Unaccountability. Punishments are behind doors, if they're even administered.
    If there were a free market, and these things were privatized, then they'd be subject to actually doing a GOOD job.

Good point. Perhaps we could outsource policing to a private company.

GiWlbez.png

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    How about maintaining law enforcement as a public function but return it to its previous form in dealing with actions which harm others (i.e., the traditions standard that a crime does not exist in the absence of a victim, which the situation in question clearly did not produce a victim until the introduction of police intervention)?

As for the participants at hand, I disagree with the victim. The final punishment for those officers should not be losing their jobs, it should be both losing their jobs and doing time.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Saw this on Entertainmnet Tonight....was on 2 days. Her lawyer really going to go after them. They did everything against the law...they should be fired and sent to prison.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Saw this on Entertainmnet Tonight....was on 2 days. Her lawyer really going to go after them. They did everything against the law...they should be fired and sent to prison.

They'll more likely get a month or two of paid vacation and then a reprimand, the taxpayers will pay a big settlement, and they'll be back on the job.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

They'll more likely get a month or two of paid vacation and then a reprimand, the taxpayers will pay a big settlement, and they'll be back on the job.

^this!!!

JBT were just following orders. :whistle:

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    Although I like to take the side of the police in most instances as I think most do their job very well, this did cross the line. The officers should be charged as sex offenders and forced to register as such after their stay in prison.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Hmmm That was not a strip search. That was a person that was highly intoxicated and attempted to batter a jailer. What you saw was a unruly person being placed in a rubber room. A rubber room is for suicidal and out of control persons. They will be stripped down before being left. It is not a search. Clothes are removed to prevent suicides ect. It happens all of the time BTW. As for the male jailers being present...it looks like they were the only ones there to help the lone female jailer. And that happens also. Worth noting too is if you ever get arrested and go to jail, a jail is the last place where you want to start acting act. They will get you under control and they probably won't be as nice about it as your street cop.

I am guessing she will loose her suit.

Last edited:

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    Please post a link to the video showing the DUI suspect "attempting to batter a jailer". I have yet to see that in the OP's video link.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Please post a link to the video showing the DUI suspect "attempting to batter a jailer". I have yet to see that in the OP's video link.

I don't know but they said she attempted to kick the female. You can definitely see her right foot moving. IMO They didn't just do all of that for the heck of it.

That gal sure isn't the first highly intoxicated person that cooperates during the arrest but starts going off once at the jail and realization sinks in. Once again a jail has to have control of inmates. They typically don't take any crap whatsoever.

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    Once again could you please show a video, or a pic showing her trying to kick the officer? I have yet to see it in the OP's video... I did not see her right foot, (or left foot) moving....

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    This story had my wife and I outraged. Another reason not to submit to field sobriety tests.
    Was she proven to be drunk? If so I believe she should lose her privilege to drive but not the abuse and assault she received. I hope all of them lose their jobs and face jail time.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Once again could you please show a video, or a pic showing her trying to kick the officer? I have yet to see it in the OP's video... I did not see her right foot, (or left foot) moving....

It doesnt matter whether there's video or not or what it might show. No matter how bad it may look, some people around here will always say that there must be more to the story than what we see. The words of the police are as gospel to them.

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    It doesnt matter whether there's video or not or what it might show. No matter how bad it may look, some people around here will always say that there must be more to the story than what we see. The words of the police are as gospel to them.

Like I said before... Most of the time I give the police the benefit of the doubt as I know they have a very tough job. But in this video, and the officers clams as to what happened, I just don't see it. Unless they come up with more evidence showing what they say happened, they should go to court and if convicted serve their time and at the end register as a sex offender.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Like I said before... Most of the time I give the police the benefit of the doubt as I know they have a very tough job. But in this video, and the officers clams as to what happened, I just don't see it. Unless they come up with more evidence showing what they say happened, they should go to court and if convicted serve their time and at the end register as a sex offender.
    cops lie in incident reports. Not all but a lot. I don't even think that all of them knowingly do it. I think that some of their brains aren't wired for adrenaline dumps and they are just telling it like they thought it happened. Some knowingly do it and those are scum bags. I'm just glad that now with video they are getting caught and some brought to justice.
    It happens in the military too.

Top Bottom