• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana

Guess the drag queen recruiting program did not go well?

Even worse is now they have lowered AFQT(ASFAB) standards to the point most with a first grade reading level could pass it. Accepting the bottom 10-30%(Navy,the army did this during the Iraq war for a time) has never been done before,and they are estimating it will now make up 20% of new recruits. Wonder how this will turn out?

The service also changed its standards to allow recruiters to take candidates who scored in the 10th to 30th percentile on the Armed Forces Qualification Test (AFQT). The revised standards permitted recruiters to fill around 20 percent of their fiscal year 2023 quota with candidates who scored in the 10th to 30th percentile on the AFQT, dubbed "Category IV" candidates.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

Guess the drag queen recruiting program did not go well?

Even worse is now they have lowered AFQT(ASFAB) standards to the point most with a first grade reading level could pass it. Accepting the bottom 10-30%(Navy,the army did this during the Iraq war for a time) has never been done before,and they are estimating it will now make up 20% of new recruits. Wonder how this will turn out?

The service also changed its standards to allow recruiters to take candidates who scored in the 10th to 30th percentile on the Armed Forces Qualification Test (AFQT). The revised standards permitted recruiters to fill around 20 percent of their fiscal year 2023 quota with candidates who scored in the 10th to 30th percentile on the AFQT, dubbed "Category IV" candidates.
    I don't even know where to begin. The Squids missed their recruiting goal by about 20%, despite filling 20% of the positions with people who had AVERAGE ASVAB scores were lower than 30? There are four tests, (for example) you can have no mechanical ability whatsoever and still average a decent score.

Maybe somebody who is more familiar than me can chime in: do Officers take the ASVAB? I know there is a pilot/navigator test taken by Officer candidates, maybe another test that deals with golf and which wine to serve at which occasion :stickpoke:

This is the 50th anniversary of the total force/all volunteer Military. I did see what a conscription Military looks like in the RoK. It is VERY VERY different than our Military and that was 30 years ago.

Can 20% of the jobs be done by individuals who wouldn't have made it passed MEPS a year ago? I think the answer is OH HELLZ NO!!

Good news for the sharp troops: you won't have to study as hard for promotion.

I had a rather cynical saying about Big Blue: there's never a problem until planes start falling from the sky." All the services are about to have a big problem. Not Space Force, just the ones who can't do their job from Colorado.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Try not to lose him on his way to Court-Martial this time!!

US officials say Travis King is in American custody after months of detainment in North Korea

Didn't desertion used to be punishable by hanging or firing squad?

funeralweb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Earth/East Central I
    Didn't desertion used to be punishable by hanging or firing squad?
    According to Goo-Gull, 49 out of 21,000 soldiers convicted of desertion in WWII were sentenced to death. Of those 49, only Private Eddie Slovik was actually executed and his was the first execution carried out since the Civil War.
    43 traded 5 Gitmo residents for Bo Bergdahl, who was subsequently court-martialed for desertion and walked off with a dishonorable discharge.

Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    Try not to lose him on his way to Court-Martial this time!!

US officials say Travis King is in American custody after months of detainment in North Korea

Imagine being such a turd that the north Koreans didn't even wanna keep ya

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    According to Goo-Gull, 49 out of 21,000 soldiers convicted of desertion in WWII were sentenced to death. Of those 49, only Private Eddie Slovik was actually executed and his was the first execution carried out since the Civil War.
    43 traded 5 Gitmo residents for Bo Bergdahl, who was subsequently court-martialed for desertion and walked off with a dishonorable discharge.
    And one of the 5 bad guys traded for that POS was taking selfies in the Presidential palace after Kabul fell in 96 hours.

Compatriot G

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    New Castle
    I just recently read an article where MCRD Parris Island had a male recruit graduate that is 4'7" tall. It is believed he is the shortest member of the military ever. In the article, it mentioned other recruits in his platoon said he was an inspiration to them.

I realize there was an SF Captain in Vietnam that was 4'9". On the one hand, I say, "Good for him!" It is inspiring. Yet, he is very small. We used to have height and weight standards for a reason. When I was in, I was 5'10" and 175 lbs. Would a 4'7" Marine be able to drag my wounded butt back to the rear without help?

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Looks like Democrats are getting us softened up for the Chinese to kick our ass,
    I hope they bring it to our shores. regardless how weak our military is at that point there are still several hundred million firearms and millions of firearm owners here. As Yamamoto stated " there will be a rifle behind every blade of grass."

Top Bottom