• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Caleb’s been hard at work trying to bring Taurus into the modern era (in multiple ways). I may even be willing to give one a try eventually, but I want a GP100 MC first…

I will give them credit , it's a great idea. People always recommend revolvers to elderly people, who generally has worse vision? Elderly people that's right, so a RDS does nothing but benefit them IMHO.

mike4

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Central Indiana
    I'd just like to see several manufacturers produce their own catalog, either at all or in greater quantity to satisfy market demands, looking mostly at Ruger/Marlin on that last point.

Offenders of interest to me: Pretty much everything from LMT, Surefire muzzle devices (thanks for finally coming through on a factory-direct backorder after getting that advice at their NRA Indy booth), some Ruger revolver variations that seem to be produced infrequently, Mossberg Flex stock retro-fit kits, and perpetually unavailable heat shield kits. I'd like to see LMT add a 16" 6.5 CM barrel for MWS. And Glock 9mm 24 round magazines in FDE.

mike4

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Central Indiana
    I realized after my post this was the Handgun section and I was casting a wider net of wants, although I managed to color inside the lines with the Ruger revolver and Glock comments.

Another one comes to mind that's handgun related and putting a potential purchase on hold. It would be nice if SIG could sort out and properly standardize their military M17, commercial M17, and P320 optics plates to a common mounting pattern underneath. They've created at least 3 different variations on that theme impacting aftermarket mounts and their own forthcoming enclosed factory red dot. And then they can't seem to provide proper documentation and photos of these variations for clarity, so it's "go fish" searching the Web for forum posts or rare guidance by aftermarket mount manufacturers.

Then there's sorting out the uncommanded discharge concerns; I speculate that may be solved by a fire control unit redesign to reduce any flexing of the sheet metal frame. It would be more expensive but I would change that frame to a titanium casting; I've seen cast Ti alloys that impressively resist deflection even for fairly thin parts. That would probably allow compatibility with existing parts, except for the ejector which they could change to a pinned in replaceable part, as it should have been to begin with.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Then there's sorting out the uncommanded discharge concerns; I speculate that may be solved by a fire control unit redesign to reduce any flexing of the sheet metal frame. It would be more expensive but I would change that frame to a titanium casting; I've seen cast Ti alloys that impressively resist deflection even for fairly thin parts. That would probably allow compatibility with existing parts, except for the ejector which they could change to a pinned inischarge replaceable part, as it should have been to begin with.un with a brain.
    Please, what are these "uncommanded" discharge Concerns?
    And video? Paperwork?
    I own 3 M17's I didnt want a gun with a brain.

Viking Fires

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 11, 2017
    Clarksville
    1. Beretta Cheetah redesigned with a locked breech and chambered in 9mm. .380 is stupid, especially in a gun that big, but a DA/SA in 9mm in that form factor would be awesome.

2. Sig P220 Compact in 10mm. Even an X-Ten compact would be a start, but I'd rather have the P220.

3. S&W 325...3" Scandium-framed revolver with a steel cylinder chambered in .45 Colt. IMO this would make a great lightweight trail gun in a heavy, hard-hitting cartridge with less recoil and blast compared to a .44 Mag.
    As far as ergonomics and conceal ability go, one of my most favored concealed carry handguns was a Beretta 84B with the walnut grips.

Didn’t care much for the new 80X though, I much preferred the old grip size.

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    As far as ergonomics and conceal ability go, one of my most favored concealed carry handguns was a Beretta 84B with the walnut grips.

Didn’t care much for the new 80X though, I much preferred the old grip size.
    I have an 81, and recently picked up a .380 barrel for it, which essentially turns it into an 84. Nice gun, and we have a blast with it on the range. I just don't like to go below 9mm for a carry cartridge. If they could come out with a 9mm DA/SA in that form factor...well, they'd sell at least one! :cool:

I agree...I like the older guns better than the new 80X. I'm glad to see Beretta keeping the platform alive, though. I wish they'd keep making or re-release the 87.

Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    I wish Springfield Amory would make a stainless Hi Power.

But also I wish they could figure out a way to make both blued and offer stainless steel Luger P08's since they make 1911's and Hi powers it's another type of classic gun with demand to build and sell imo. I want more shooter Lugers on the market!!

I imagine the folks at Springfield could also make a better Luger than what Aimco of Texas has ever offered.

They could even call it the "SA.08" and unlike Aimco make it so it accepts all Luger P.08 mags including Mec Gars.

mike4

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Central Indiana
    Creedmoor, referring to the video documented discharge of a law enforcement P320 that was untouched in the holster. If you search on something like "P320 holster discharge" you should be able to find the video in one of several places. That follows a lot of prior reports, but there is rightly some suspicion that pistols may have been mishandled and then someone claims they never touched the trigger, etc. to avoid blame for the mishap.

So this incident lends greater probability of credibility to some larger fraction of prior incidents. I'm not sure if these were all non-safety models, or safety models manual safety off, or even safety models manual safety on. I have seen no reports of this with military P320-based M17 pistols, although it is unclear if the reports would be suppressed. It's also unclear what parts variations exist between actual military production and commercial M17 models. As I mentioned there are significant differences to hole patterns under the optics plates.

I would not be too worried about a commercial M17 if you otherwise practice safe gun handling, but I would carry it with the manual safety lever engaged if I had one in the chamber.

Once again, it would be very helpful if SIG could figure out was going on with their own products, and calmed their attorneys down long enough to provide clear information, guidance, and a product recall/upgrade if warranted.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Creedmoor, referring to the video documented discharge of a law enforcement P320 that was untouched in the holster. If you search on something like "P320 holster discharge" you should be able to find the video in one of several places. That follows a lot of prior reports, but there is rightly some suspicion that pistols may have been mishandled and then someone claims they never touched the trigger, etc. to avoid blame for the mishap.

So this incident lends greater probability of credibility to some larger fraction of prior incidents. I'm not sure if these were all non-safety models, or safety models manual safety off, or even safety models manual safety on. I have seen no reports of this with military P320-based M17 pistols, although it is unclear if the reports would be suppressed. It's also unclear what parts variations exist between actual military production and commercial M17 models. As I mentioned there are significant differences to hole patterns under the optics plates.

I would not be too worried about a commercial M17 if you otherwise practice safe gun handling, but I would carry it with the manual safety lever engaged if I had one in the chamber.

Once again, it would be very helpful if SIG could figure out was going on with their own products, and calmed their attorneys down long enough to provide clear information,iced guidance, and a product recall/upgrade ifod warranted.rpr
    How does one cure a supposed mechanical problem, when it can't be reproduced?
    It can't think for its self, and say. Well its time to discharge folks.

Basher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 3, 2022
    Lafayette
    CZ to make a compact phantom. And a compact 97. And an SP01 in 10mm.

Yes to all the above, with one amendment: CZ needs to redesign the mags/magwell on the 97 to increase capacity. They’re not insubstantial handguns, and how they managed to fit “only” ten rounds in there is a little perplexing. Para Ordnance managed 14 rounds of .45 in a marginally increased grip size for the P14-45, so I feel CZ should be able to do the same, IMO.

However, I fear we’ll never see the 97 again, as .45 just doesn’t sell as well as it used to. Shame because I really wanted one, but by the time I can justify the purchase I bet they go up in price quite a bit. :(

CB1911

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 27, 2018
    Putnam County
    I'll second the idea of bring back the S&W Night Guard series. Particularly the 38 special K frame model 315. Only this time perhaps a 3" option in addition to the 2.5".A modern 357 4" model 19 with the night guard features would be cool too.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Would love for someone to make a threaded barrel .22 leveraction.

PRasko

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 3, 2013
    Amish country
    Saw that, was hoping to find one that isnt 24” barrel, cause 31” with a can seems..excessive

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana

Once again, it would be very helpful if SIG could figure out was going on with their own products, and calmed their attorneys down long enough to provide clear information, guidance, and a product recall/upgrade if warranted.
    I am of the understanding that US LE uses the Commercial M17, with that why havent we seen a flood in the past few years with theses supposed discharges happening in the public arena?

Top Bottom