• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 10mmfan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 24, 2013
    This is just a list of guns/features I wish manufacturers would try out on their guns.

1. Ruger blackhawk with bisley grip 357 frame in 22 lr/.22 mag and maybe .17 hmr.

2. Cz 75 /sp01 with a safety that has positive click on/off like a 1911 instead of the mushy safety design cz uses.
    3. Smith and ruger. A medium frame revolver chambered for 5.7. Perhaps a single action and double action with say an 8 round cylinder.
    4. An FNX available in 10mm also with the fn edge trigger option a metal frame option and a thumb safety that is just a safety not a decocker as well.

5. Hk. An sao variant for usp p30 and hk45 guns. A metal frame option a 10mm option and a safety only option instead of a safety/decocker they put on everything that has a safety.
    6. A ruger gp100 or smith 686 6 shot in 41mag.

7. Smith N frame model 28 but in stainless so it would be a 628 or basically a 627 mountain gun with less fancy features to keep price down somewhat like the 28 did compared to the 27.

This is my wishlist I suppose everybody has one or more that isn't made that they wish was. Who knows maybe the manufacturers will see our post and see our product ideas and decide they are worth trying.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    • Sig to just stop making it so difficult to keep up with what parts fit which guns since they don't demark generations, etc.
    • Sig to offer more standard footprint/optic compatibility on the 320 series and clarity of what fits what.
    • SA to bring out compact versions of the Echelon, so I can stop caring about the first 2 items in the list.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    You can buy the pieces to convert a USP to safety only. It's literally one tiny piece and is pretty straight forward to install. I don't know if it works for the P30 or HK45 line or not but the USP line isn't incredibly hard to work on.

Edit:

$10.00 safety only conversation. This is the only piece needed.

Last edited:

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    1. Beretta Cheetah redesigned with a locked breech and chambered in 9mm. .380 is stupid, especially in a gun that big, but a DA/SA in 9mm in that form factor would be awesome.

2. Sig P220 Compact in 10mm. Even an X-Ten compact would be a start, but I'd rather have the P220.

3. S&W 325...3" Scandium-framed revolver with a steel cylinder chambered in .45 Colt. IMO this would make a great lightweight trail gun in a heavy, hard-hitting cartridge with less recoil and blast compared to a .44 Mag.

Basher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 3, 2022
    Lafayette
    1. Beretta Cheetah redesigned with a locked breech and chambered in 9mm. .380 is stupid, especially in a gun that big, but a DA/SA in 9mm in that form factor would be awesome.

This WOULD be awesome, but from what I understand it’s not feasible to fit a 9mm into the same size without a significant redesign. Like you, I’ll keep dreaming though!

Additionally:

2) I’d love a quality, compact, polymer framed, DA/SA, single stack/stack and a half in 9mm. I don’t count the Hellcat here personally. Think a G48 in size, but with 15rnd capacity and DA/SA with a hammer. Heck, chamber it in .30SC if you have to, I’d still buy one! It would be like a 9mm Cheetah, but thinner and lighter. :)

3) Rumor has it Beretta has discontinued the Model 87. BRING. IT. BACK. And at a regular friggin price, not this $1300 BS I see on GunBroker…

4) CZ needs to bring back BOTH the 527 and 550 lineups, including the FS models!

5) Sig needs to bring back the Classic/Legacy slide with the short extractor. The long version looks like ass…

6) HK needs to bring back the P7M8 and P7M13 so we can cut this $4000+ BS out.

7) FN needs to bring back the original P35/BHP design, with a few MINOR tweaks to fit the modern era (such as an optics cut or plate system). The “new” High Power ain’t it.

8) Not a firearm, but an optics company needs to make a good cross-over optic. I’d say a 4-20x50 or 3-18x50 w/ 30mm tube, 10mil turrets with ZS that track reliably, illuminated FFP reticle that’s useable at lower powers, less than 24oz., good image quality, and less than $1500 street price. There have been several that have come close, but none have really hit gold yet.

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    This WOULD be awesome, but from what I understand it’s not feasible to fit a 9mm into the same size without a significant redesign. Like you, I’ll keep dreaming though!
    Yes, it would. But you'd have to change the action anyway because the current Cheetah is straight blowback. It wouldn't have to be exactly the same, but if they could make basically a mini-92 in a similar form-factor to the Cheetah, that would be sweet.

2) I’d love a quality, compact, polymer framed, DA/SA, single stack/stack and a half in 9mm. I don’t count the Hellcat here personally. Think a G48 in size, but with 15rnd capacity and DA/SA with a hammer. Heck, chamber it in .30SC if you have to, I’d still buy one! It would be like a 9mm Cheetah, but thinner and lighter. :)

I think the PX4 fire-control group could be pretty easily adapted to something like this. The rotating barrel action might not lend itself well to downsizing, but I'd be fine with a traditional locked-breech design, and you could fit that into a trimmer slide. The rotating barrel thing has never really done much for me anyway. But I absolutely agree...a G48/P365/P365XL-sized DA/SA gun would be sweet.
    3) Rumor has it Beretta has discontinued the Model 87. BRING. IT. BACK. And at a regular friggin price, not this $1300 BS I see on GunBroker…
    Preach!

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    This is just a list of guns/features I wish manufacturers would try out on their guns.

2. Cz 75 /sp01 with a safety that has positive click on/off like a 1911 instead of the mushy safety design cz uses.
    Yep, I've always thought the safety on CZ 75 series guns was very poorly implemented. Wish it was like a 1911 or the Sig Legion SAO safety, which is really nice.

COOPADUP

Accipiter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 8, 2017
    Hamilton County
    Still waiting for CZ to roll out their double stack micro compact. Although the P10S is small, it's certainly not micro.
    (The P10M doesn’t count since it’s only a single stack)

Last edited:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Still waiting for CZ to roll out their double stack micro compact. Although the P10S is small, it's certainly not micro.

Yeah, I figure the only reason they even rolled out the P10M was because they likely had a bundle of money in it already and figured WTF. Otherwise it was way too little, way too late.

Basher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 3, 2022
    Lafayette
    Yes, it would. But you'd have to change the action anyway because the current Cheetah is straight blowback. It wouldn't have to be exactly the same, but if they could make basically a mini-92 in a similar form-factor to the Cheetah, that would be sweet.

I think the PX4 fire-control group could be pretty easily adapted to something like this. The rotating barrel action might not lend itself well to downsizing, but I'd be fine with a traditional locked-breech design, and you could fit that into a trimmer slide. The rotating barrel thing has never really done much for me anyway. But I absolutely agree...a G48/P365/P365XL-sized DA/SA gun would be sweet.

Preach!

What I was getting at re: a 9mm Cheetah is that I’ve heard shrinking the locking block action of the 92 any more isn’t feasible, which is super sad. I’m sure it can be done, but would likely be at the cost of service life on the blocks, which people would complain about. So I doubt Beretta will pursue it. But still… :)

And yes on the PX4 control idea. I own a PX4 with all the LTT goodies and like it a lot (I’d buy another at the right price). My only gripe is how slick the grip is without Talon or HandleIt grip tape. I intend to get mine stippled at some point to fix that permanently. Other than that, I really like it. Not as much as my 92s, but I’m definitely a fan.

As you mentioned, if they’d drop the rotating barrel and use a traditional Browning short recoil system, I think they could slim it way down, but I don’t think the demand is there, and competition is pretty fierce in that area already. :(

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    No doubt both platforms would require a significant redesign, not just a simple downsizing. And you're also probably correct that there's no a market there to support the investment. But this thread is a wishlist, not a business plan ;)!

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    So I know this would be borderline sacrilege , but Walther to redo the PPK. Make it a locking action so you can chamber it in 9mm, redo the awful trigger action and keep the overall size ane aesthetics.

Realistic, H&K to manufacture a pistol that does not have a garbage rod trigger. Their only pistol that has even a halfway decent trigger out of the box is the VP5 and that is acceptable at absolute best. I want a USP but cannot get over how bad the trigger is in a basically $1000 polymer framed pistol.

Smith and Wesson to re-introduce their line of "night guard" revolvers, cut them for red dots and start a new market trend for "modern defensive revolvers" , Taraus beating S&W to the optics ready revolver market was just sad.

Staccato, make a P but with a frame based around the new CS magazines. Instead of being 38 super / 9mm capable the CS is 9mm only meaning it's an smaller tube size, thus making the grip smaller.

Browning to make a 725 that has a beaver tail forend and no barrel porting please in their sporting line.

Honestly with the new Trijicon pistol sight offerings I am pretty happy with whats available on the market currently. I just need to make more money to afford all the guns I want now.

Top Bottom