• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I've been chewing on some ideas for a while, and thought I'd share for some discussion. These are "reforms" I think I'd like to see in our great state:

#1 - Make a few edits to:
    IC 35-47-2-1
    Carrying a handgun without a license or by person convicted of domestic battery
    Sec. 1. (a) Except as provided in subsection (b) and section 2 of this chapter, legal residents may [strike]a person shall not[/strike] carry a handgun in any vehicle or on or about the person's body, [strike]except[/strike] including in the person's dwelling, on the person's property or fixed place of business, and on or in any property generally accessible to the public without a license issued under this chapter being in the person's possession.
    #2 Repeal the following:
    Let the Feds cover this for interstate travel
    IC 35-47-6-1
    Firearm, explosive, or deadly weapon; possession in commercial or chartered aircraft
    Sec. 1. A person who boards a commercial or charter aircraft having in his possession:
    (1) a firearm;
    Let this simply be a TSA rule
    IC 35-47-6-1.3
    Firearm, explosive, or deadly weapon; possession in controlled access areas of an airport
    Sec. 1.3. A person who knowingly or intentionally enters an area of an airport to which access is controlled by the inspection of persons and property while the person:
    (1) possesses:
    (A) a firearm;
    This one just needs repealed. It can still be a school policy for teachers and students, but should not be a law. Minors can't have a firearm anyway (without an adult present), so no need for an additional law. The union can negotiate employment contracts to cover their teachers. Other staff are employees, and should fall under other employment laws. The general public should not have their rights stripped (by law), especially when visiting a PUBLIC school. Private schools can have whatever policy they want.
    IC 35-47-9-2
    Possession of firearms on school property, at school function, or on school bus; felony
    Sec. 2. A person who possesses a firearm:
    (1) in or on school property;
    (2) in or on property that is being used by a school for a school function; or
    (3) on a school bus;
    commits a Class D felony.
    #3 Now that #1 did away with licensing requirements for residents, we need to deal with IN residents who travel. So, let's keep the LTCH, but adopt more of the Florida-style of rules:
    - photo ID instead of pink paper
    - training required
    - renewed every X years (I'm thinking 10)
    - this would be an OPTIONAL license (not required for carrying in-state by residents), so would have a fee imposed to cover processing
    - all of us lifetime LTCH-holders get the first one free!

The thought is that more stringent licensing requirements would allow MORE states to accept our LTCH. However, the ENLIGHTENED state of Indiana would not impose such draconian (and unconstitutional) requirements on its own residents.

We would also respect our own constitution, which plainly affirms our right to bear arms for the defense of ourselves and the state. No exceptions are noted in Section 32!

Well, those are my ramblings for the day! I spent about 12 hours in the car since Monday, and 2 nights alone (and bored) in hotel rooms, so had lots of time to ponder. Anything you would add? Change? Remove? Tear it apart!

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    i say get rid of it all because ANY restriction is un-constitutional. if we are just dreaming here, lets no compromise lets go all out and get it the right way. if other states wouldnt like our NON-LICENSE policy, then screw those states, i wont visit them, or i will get a non-resident permit if i absolutely had to go there. we need to stop compromising our rights to gain rights. we need to take an absolute stand like our founders did when they wrote the words: "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED" to me that means NO compromise!! If We keep taking baby steps to get whats constitutionaly ours in the first place then we wont ever see true freedom in our lifetimes nor will our children. we need a legislature that has a constitutional back bone and repeals all of the unconstitutional laws their predesesors have created. if they do that then i will vote for every one of them i can till they retire

Last edited:

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Let the innocent carry until proven guilty. Also it's soooo stoopid that you can buy a gun and take it home but there it has to stay w/o a license! How can an honest homeowner learn to shoot to protect home/property w/o going to a range? Also, if not mistaken, you are breaking the law if you take said gun to a shop or gunshow to trade or buy a holster for w/o having a LTCH. It only makes honest people criminals.

T-rav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    i say get rid of it all because ANY restriction is un-constitutional. if we are just dreaming here, lets no compromise lets go all out and get it the right way. if other states wouldnt like our NON-LICENSE policy, then screw those states, i wont visit them, or i will get a non-resident permit if i absolutely had to go there. we need to stop compromising our rights to gain rights. we need to take an absolute stand like our founders did when they wrote the words: "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED" to me that means NO compromise!! If We keep taking baby steps to get whats constitutionaly ours in the first place then we wont ever see true freedom in our lifetimes nor will our children. we need a legislature that has a constitutional back bone and repeals all of the unconstitutional laws their predesesors have created. if they do that then i will vote for every one of them i can till they retire

:+1: You post whore you always post my ideas before I can. I need an Iphone!

The simple fact is our rights are trampled everyday and all we want to do is compromise to get SOME of them back :nuts: The clowns are a bunch of nukkleheads and it will be trrbl for them once we get them gone!

Top Bottom