• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Basher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 3, 2022
    Lafayette
    A fear of heights is actually pretty common in pilots, believe it or not.

I don’t have a fear of heights, I have a fear of falling. We fly with the doors off the heli quite regularly, which I actually prefer over having the doors on. The unrestricted view below you is amazing! But a fear of falling to my death is what gets me. Oddly enough, I’ve been skydiving three times and loved it, and would totally get my jump rating if finances allowed. In my mind, having a main and reserve chute is enough to calm my fears in that regard.

wabashman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 6, 2012
    Totally explains the crazy flying we saw yesterday ~230 pm as we we're going around 931 on our way to Indy.

Youngest kid saw a pair doing corkscrews, stalls, flips and was having a blast watching them as we continued south.

Sent from my S22 Ultra using Tapatalk

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    A fear of heights is actually pretty common in pilots, believe it or not.

I don’t have a fear of heights, I have a fear of falling. We fly with the doors off the heli quite regularly, which I actually prefer over having the doors on. The unrestricted view below you is amazing! But a fear of falling to my death is what gets me. Oddly enough, I’ve been skydiving three times and loved it, and would totally get my jump rating if finances allowed. In my mind, having a main and reserve chute is enough to calm my fears in that regard.
    I can see the difference between a fear of heights and a fear of falling. Being on a roof 40’ up never bothered me but having to be at the edge always slowed my roll per say…

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    Yes sir, an R44. We operate two Hughes 269Cs and the R44 out of Frankfort, so not too far from Kokomo. Just sayin’. ;)
    Are any of you guys instructor qualified to get my FAA license? I flew pirate in the military. Never thought about it back then. I'm just wanting to finish things I started when I was younger.

Basher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 3, 2022
    Lafayette
    Are any of you guys instructor qualified to get my FAA license? I flew pirate in the military. Never thought about it back then. I'm just wanting to finish things I started when I was younger.

Both the owner and I are CFIs (certified flight instructors) and are fully capable of taking you from zero experience through to a private pilot or even commercial pilot certificate. We should be able to provide instrument certificate instruction in the coming months. Shoot me a PM if you’d like more info and I can get you going! :)

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Both the owner and I are CFIs (certified flight instructors) and are fully capable of taking you from zero experience through to a private pilot or even commercial pilot certificate. We should be able to provide instrument certificate instruction in the coming months. Shoot me a PM if you’d like more info and I can get you going! :)
    Bashed: Sir, you don’t happen to do any crop work do you?

Basher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 3, 2022
    Lafayette
    Bashed: Sir, you don’t happen to do any crop work do you?

No sir, not at this time. I’m not trained on it and none of our aircraft are outfitted for it right now. Did you need to get some done? I could possibly poke around and see who’s in your area that could do it if needed. :)

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    No sir, not at this time. I’m not trained on it and none of our aircraft are outfitted for it right now. Did you need to get some done? I could possibly poke around and see who’s in your area that could do it if needed. :)
    No sir, I thought I might know you. Thx. :yesway:

Top Bottom