Dec 16, 2011
    Indy

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I agree... and think we are saying the same thing just in different ways... the "wait and see" group is getting smaller, but the "no way" plus "only if required" is staying the same percentage +/- 2%.
    As I see it there are three main groups that don't want a vaccine now, the wait and see, those that do not take any meds unless absolutely necessary, and those that object to all meds. The latter is likely the smallest group...

Many of the don't take unless absolutely necessary do not see that this situation is absolutely necessary...

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    You're right...it's only around 1 billion per month if we are looking strictly at opiates.
    You're right, that is very significant, in one year they make what the Sackler family alone made off OxyContin alone over several years.

Of course there are many other opiates besides OxyContin and many other pharmaceutical opiate makers besides Purdue. The other numbers are harder to get. The Sackler numbers came out in court because they were forced to divulge them.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Just for clarity, big pharma, to me is the system that includes all that are a part of that system, pharmaceutical companies, prescribers, government, to delivery to name a few...
    So I'm big pharma then? Lol
    You're right, that is very significant, in one year they make what the Sackler family alone made off OxyContin alone over several years.

Of course there are many other opiates besides OxyContin and many other pharmaceutical opiate makers besides Purdue. The other numbers are harder to get. The Sackler numbers came out in court because they were forced to divulge them.
    Let me be totally clear here....I'm not intending to stick up for the scumbags, I'm just saying they took the fall for something that was the result of many different parties failing to do the right thing.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    So I'm big pharma then? Lol

Let me be totally clear here....I'm not intending to stick up for the scumbags, I'm just saying they took the fall for something that was the result of many different parties failing to do the right thing.

Look I'm not calling your profession to task alone, but rather as a part of the system, I had no intention of bringing pharmacists up until your posts and others forced it into the conversation.

So in the quoted post you defend the drug companies by blaming "many different parties" while you chortle at my inclusion of pharmacists as one of them?

PS, I have never met a pharmacist that was a bad person, don't really believe the corporations they work for are all that benevolent...

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Look I'm not calling your profession to task alone, but rather as a part of the system, I had no intention of bringing pharmacists up until your posts and others forced it into the conversation.

So in the quoted post you defend the drug companies by blaming "many different parties" while you chortle at my inclusion of pharmacists as one of them?

PS, I have never met a pharmacist that was a bad person, don't really believe the corporations they work for are all that benevolent...
    Same here - I worked for a few months with the people at the Thomae plant in Biberach Germany on a joint research project. That was the research and development plant for Boehringer-Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals. They were all extremely nice and even spoke English around me.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    MBills is back! :rockwoot:

Can we not post totally crazy anti-vaccine non-scientific ******** again so he will want to stick around this time?

:dunno:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Fixed it for you to be accurate...
    The potential side effects happen early after the injection, within minutes for the worst (anaphylactic shock), and with hours for others (swelling of the injection site), or even a couple days for others (headache, fever etc).

If there is no side effects after a week then there is simply no side effects.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    The potential side effects happen early after the injection, within minutes for the worst (anaphylactic shock), and with hours for others (swelling of the injection site), or even a couple days for others (headache, fever etc).

If there is no side effects after a week then there is simply no side effects.
    Some people are intentionally pessimistic. It's almost as if they want side effects so they can be proven right.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom