Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan

Airtevron1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 10, 2019
    IN
    But the SA variant is not the dominant mutation so it may just be a headline designed to invoke fear, because fear creates viewers and viewers equal advertising revenues. The UK variant seems to be overrunning regions and the Pfizer and Moderna jabs seem to be fairly effective against that mutation.
    Ya, and the SA variant will never reach us.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

LA cares...........​

‘Horrific’ video shows police force-vaccinating disabled and special needs people​

A Los Angeles Sheriff’s Department vaccine campaign targets disabled, mentally ill, and homeless people.

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/h...vaccinating-disabled-and-special-needs-people
    So it's "horrific" when agencies help get a vaccine out to people that can't get it through conventional means (e.g. internet scheduling).

:n00b:

That website uses way too many single quotation marks.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Crazy that a lot of the same people who are going nuts about a 1 in a million chance of developing a blood clot from the vaccines that may or not be related to some medications people are on, but are ho hum about the odds of 1-1000 on dying from covid.

We can see how the MSM are efficent at spreading fear mongering.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Ya, and the SA variant will never reach us.
    Actually it is here, but it seems to be losing out to the UK variant which seems to be overshadowing the SA variant. Essentially the mutation from the UK is spreading fast enough that the SA variant may burn out because it is not as contagious as the UK variation.

With viruses, regardless of how many variations there are, the dominant variant overwhelms the others. Right now the UK variation is overwhelming the original and the SA variants. There was a California variant that seems to have essentially died out. No clue how the UK will compare with the Brazilian variation.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Actually it is here, but it seems to be losing out to the UK variant which seems to be overshadowing the SA variant. Essentially the mutation from the UK is spreading fast enough that the SA variant may burn out because it is not as contagious as the UK variation.

With viruses, regardless of how many variations there are, the dominant variant overwhelms the others. Right now the UK variation is overwhelming the original and the SA variants. There was a California variant that seems to have essentially died out. No clue how the UK will compare with the Brazilian variation.
    This is good news because the vaccines, generally, are more effective against the UK variant than the SA variant, but there is significant effectiveness against both.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Crazy that a lot of the same people who are going nuts about a 1 in a million chance of developing a blood clot from the vaccines that may or not be related to some medications people are on, but are ho hum about the odds of 1-1000 on dying from covid.

I think it shows just how absolutely terrible humans are when it comes to evaluating risks.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    So it's "horrific" when agencies help get a vaccine out to people that can't get it through conventional means (e.g. internet scheduling).

:n00b:

That website uses way too many single quotation marks.
    My oldest daughter lives in L.A., and works close to the big hospital .... the one that had a Covid death every (8) minutes, back a few months ago.
    She saw the refrigerated units .... the ones that they were packing the bodies into, because there was no more room in the hospital morgue.

But hey, it's all just a big Scam, and a Plan. Just like when Neil Armstrong landed on the moon ..... it never really happened. It's all just political theater ! :rolleyes: (I'll roll my eyes alongside you)

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    This doesn't help.....
    “COVID? Gangbusters with ratings right? Which is why we constantly have the death toll on the side…let’s make it higher”

No it doesn't help.

One can believe that the media and gvt. have overhyped the pandemic and attempted to use fear to manipulate and still believe the vaccines and basic preventative measures are a good idea.

Absolutely, going way over-the-top has poisoned the attitudes of many people. I understand why. Neither the big media, nor the politicians have earned our trust in this. However, seeing through the fog doesn't necessarily mean rejecting the premise that the pandemic needs to be dealt with. It just means we need to look numerous other places for information about what is reasonable.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    My oldest daughter lives in L.A., and works close to the big hospital .... the one that had a Covid death every (8) minutes, back a few months ago.
    She saw the refrigerated units .... the ones that they were packing the bodies into, because there was no more room in the hospital morgue.

But hey, it's all just a big Scam, and a Plan. Just like when Neil Armstrong landed on the moon ..... it never really happened. It's all just political theater ! :rolleyes:(I'll roll my eyes alongside you)
    A death every 8 minutes at one hospital is alarming and orders of magnitude greater than anywhere else in the world. So my question is... what were they doing wrong?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

Or maybe we can see how efficient the MSM are at spreading fear mongering.

Oops, we agree.

So much fear for an overhyped virus. CNN just caught admitting they hyped it for ratings and to hurt Trump when combined with the expose yesterday.

Ff

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    A death every 8 minutes at one hospital is alarming and orders of magnitude greater than anywhere else in the world. So my question is... what were they doing wrong?
    Obviously, I don' know the answer to that . However, I saw the photos (from a variety of news sources), and with my daughter's observance, felt like it was certainly true.
    It was during the height of the pandemic in L.A. ..... which was hit heavily. For a while, L.A. county did lead the world in deaths. It was terrible !

My wife is a nurse. Although she hasn't done bedside nursing in many years, she said that someone who was "bucking the ventilator" (slang term) was one of the most horrific things she's ever observed. That's what a patient will do, who is struggling for air, and no matter how much the machine in pumping into them .... it isn't enough. (like a Covid patient)
    The patient has to be restrained, but they're still fighting for life, and wildly convulsing.
    Just her description made me feel nauseated !

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom