Status
    Not open for further replies.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    There is 30 years of mRNA testing and studies used in various contexts. There is no reason to believe that a vaccine will be any different than any other application.
    even if you don't want to get the mrna vaccine, just wait to get one of the "traditional" vaccines in the works.

You don't have to forego a vaccine just because you don't trust Mrna

This wasn't directed at Hough, it was just adding to his statement.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    even if you don't want to get the mrna vaccine, just wait to get one of the "traditional" vaccines in the works.

You don't have to forego a vaccine just because you don't trust Mrna

This wasn't directed at Hough, it was just adding to his statement.
    I get it.

Johnson and Johnson is not mRNA. Novavax is coming and is not mRNA.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    I could post conspiracy theories all night long & it doesn't matter. Who says your source isn't paid to lie? We are being censored for a reason. There's reasonable doubt and that's good enough for me. I like being healthy. I'd like to stay that way.

Altering your DNA is a permanent choice much like a tattoo is. I'd rather wait and observe before risking my health because everyone else is doing it.

For those of you who want the vaccine, I wish you nothing but the best.

For myself, I take vitamins before pharmaceuticals. I trust God more than greedy big pharma & Bill Gates.
    First, the vaccines don't use DNA nor do they alter your DNA. They use RNA to trick your body into making a protein that triggers your immune system. In our bodies RNA is mostly a "messenger" and is not durable, once it does its job, it goes away.
    In other words, the RNA in the vaccine tells your body, "make this protein and deposit on the outside of the cells" then breaks down. The immune system detects this protein and since it is basically very similar to and in the same shape as a protein in Covid, it triggers an immune response. It is this immune response that is responsible for people feeling like crap for a couple of days after getting the vaccine also, BTW.
    As far as trusting God, remember the story of the drowning man? A convenient link if anybody needs a refresher.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    That must be why I received a text from the local hospital today advising the vaccine was available for free for those 55+.

Thanks, but no thanks. I'll gladly donate my vaccine to any Biden supporter who wants it.
    Wait, what!? I voted for Trump and you're leaving me out in the cold.

... I'm butt-hurt. :):
    Well sure. This is just the latest opportunity. In the lawsuit defense game, I have seen plenty or people who, though they would never say it out loud, probably think the day they had that accident or work injury was the best day of their lives.
    That's the savvy ones... surely there are the less savvy who yell "Shazam! Jackpot!"?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Not at all, you're taking it out of context. I trust real foods and supplements more than I trust anything Bill Gates has had his hands in.
    You mean you don't trust people who believe 15/16 of the world population is too many with your health and longevity? I'm shocked!

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Yup. And thanks to Biden, educators can get it through federal sources...
    Given limited supplies, every low risk teacher who gets it takes a shot away from an older high risk individual.

So thanks to Biden we are putting our vulnerable population at risk. SMH

Almost 80% of the hospitalizations and 98% of deaths occur in the age categories 55 and older ... but sure, let’s take some of the vaccines that can save those people and give them to younger people who’s bodies can fight this disease
    :soapbox:

mg_srt

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Elkhart/South Bend
    First, the vaccines don't use DNA nor do they alter your DNA. They use RNA to trick your body into making a protein that triggers your immune system. In our bodies RNA is mostly a "messenger" and is not durable, once it does its job, it goes away.
    In other words, the RNA in the vaccine tells your body, "make this protein and deposit on the outside of the cells" then breaks down. The immune system detects this protein and since it is basically very similar to and in the same shape as a protein in Covid, it triggers an immune response. It is this immune response that is responsible for people feeling like crap for a couple of days after getting the vaccine also, BTW.
    As far as trusting God, remember the story of the drowning man? A convenient link if anybody needs a refresher.
    The concerns I have are this is one of the first vaccines of its kind to employ the mRNA, and it’s still very experimental. It is not proven to stop transmission which is a significant handicap, and simply put they/we do not know what the long term ramifications could be.
    It may be fine, it may trigger increased auto immune disease, it may negatively effect reproductive organs. No one knows until they track and monitor their experiment, Aka the people lining up to take it. There are legitimate concerns as to what the long term impacts of this could be. For that I would caution anyone not in the “high risk” category to ask yourself 99+% recovery if you get it, is it worth the risk?
    To the story of the drowning man.. I say stand up we are in ankle deep water, your only being told that your drowning.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    The concerns I have are this is one of the first vaccines of its kind to employ the mRNA, and it’s still very experimental. It is not proven to stop transmission which is a significant handicap, and simply put they/we do not know what the long term ramifications could be.
    It may be fine, it may trigger increased auto immune disease, it may negatively effect reproductive organs. No one knows until they track and monitor their experiment, Aka the people lining up to take it. There are legitimate concerns as to what the long term impacts of this could be. For that I would caution anyone not in the “high risk” category to ask yourself 99+% recovery if you get it, is it worth the risk?
    To the story of the drowning man.. I say stand up we are in ankle deep water, your only being told that your drowning.
    1- mRNA has been around for over a decade, used safely in other forms, no evidence it will cause harm in a vaccine. As there is an alternative to the mRNA vaccines this concern is even lower because people can choose that alternative if they want a vaccine.

2- "not proven to stop transmission" while this statement is true, it is only because we don't have the data YET. This statement was also true when the Polio, Chicken Pox, Mumps, Measels, SmallPox, etc vaccines were each released. Using evidence from other vaccines it is logical to conclude that this will also BE PROVEN in the future as the timeline extends.

3- "long term ramifications" this is true, we don't know. But we do know that vaccines are generally safe for 99.5+% of the population

4- I would agree with you that those people who are NOT in a high risk category there is zero urgency to get this vaccine. This is exactly why it should be prioritized for high risk individuals who willingly choose to take the vaccine. Taking away available vaccines from older/higher risk individuals and giving those doses to younger low risk individuals who are in proven low risk professions (TEACHERS) is not following "the science" of any acceptable medical/scientific protocol and is simply political.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom